Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:31:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future?  (Read 13086 times)
LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:42:48 PM

No one can ever tell what is up ahead for us in the future, maybe Ethereum can be number 1 and will go ahead of bitcoin. There is always a possibility of that can really happen or we might see other coins can really step up that ETH or maybe bitcoin, but we can not certain say something like that because of the unpredictable changes that might be happen in the future. But as of now, bitcoin is the king of all the ccryptocurrency. If the bitcoin will be decrease, other coins will also affected.
crypto2rule

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:47:49 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 05:56:01 PM by crypto2rule

Perhaps if Bitcoin will improve and be able to offer real scalability then it can remain the king of crypto. What do you think a block size of 100 MB, 200 or even 300MB can solve the problem? Is that even possible? And if somebody will be able to do will this be beneficial or will make no difference?
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:01:59 PM

No. The future and the end of crytocurrencies is with bitcoin. If the internet will not end, then the world of crypto-currency may not end. Though it has faced alot of set backs due to the national issues with countries. Yet, it can only come out strong and better. It has survived in the past and it will survive again.
Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:03:31 PM

Everything is unpredictable including bitcoin, what happens with bitcoin in 2017 certainly no one thinks, and I'm sure that someday bitcoin will be left behind so as to make us have to be wary of what will happen.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
Sadum

Activity: 295
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:27:00 PM

We never know what will happen in front of us, maybe Ethereum could replace Bitcoin in the future ... who knows!!

▐░▒ Thaler Token ▒░▌
【 A Foundation For The Mass Adoption Of Crypto 】 (https://www.thalertoken.com/)
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:54:08 PM

Yes I think bitcoin will end up being like yahoo. Yahoo is still used . A new crypto currencies will definitely come out to out shine bitcoin . Bitcoin has some disadvantages now high transaction fees and slower confirmation time.Bitcoin will for ever be relevant even if not ranked number one
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:00:15 PM

Yes I think bitcoin will end up being like yahoo. Yahoo is still used . A new crypto currencies will definitely come out to out shine bitcoin . Bitcoin has some disadvantages now high transaction fees and slower confirmation time.Bitcoin will for ever be relevant even if not ranked number one

Let's see how Lightening Network can help Bitcoin to gain its dominance.  From what I learned online, LN is already available for Bitcoin, but the acceptance rate from the nodes is still small - although is increasing.

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
MS.LAWLIET

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:13:24 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

No one knows what will happen but it could be possible because human have this "unsatisfactory" he improves everything in his sorrounding so one day one might overcome bitcoin or maybe all people will recognize and use bitcoin to the point that it can't be stopped or swayed by other cryptocurrencies.
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:58:12 AM

Let's see how Lightening Network can help Bitcoin to gain its dominance.  From what I learned online, LN is already available for Bitcoin, but the acceptance rate from the nodes is still small - although is increasing.
Does it mean the lightning network can apply for the Bitcoin system when we have enough nodes active? I heard some people said lightning network is better than SegWit2x because it can make the transaction get confirm faster than without raise the blocksize.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:20:42 PM

Clearly that did not change a thing - price continues down
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:02:47 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.
I don’t think if the bitcoin will end like the yahoo, Friendster, Nokia! We don’t know we can predict what will happen next. The reason why some prominent company disappears because of the big issue and some of it forlorn on the CEO of the company. I see in the news the CEO of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg attend the hearing on last past hour. However, bitcoin is king of all crypto, but the future of the bitcoin depends on the individuals.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:12:02 PM

I don't really think that Bitcoin will end up like Yahoo did. Many developers from various countries are doing their best to make Bitcoin faster. Many people blame them for working too slow, but they forget how big Bitcoin is. Do you really think that they can risk by introducing a huge untested upgrade to Bitcoin which is almost always associated with cryptocurrencies? People would stop believing in them if Bitcoin failed. That's why it is important to be careful with updates. SegWit2x would be a big failure  due to bug in the code if it was introduced

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
Crash21

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:20:05 PM

Very hard to compare yahoo and bitcoin for me.. but i am think that bitcoin is too much different and will not die that easily. People want to use bitcoin and bitcoin have no strong competitors like google.
roshanface123

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:22:56 PM

Yahoo is an interactive and communicative information technology program that run through internet connection but bitcoin is not just an application its an investment as in response ,which is digital currency that run through this same internet. But I think end up bitcoin like yahoo is not that much easy.Still I can see a great future in bitcoin rate in crypto market.
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:23:49 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

Yes i believe that there will be always new ico that can rise just the same as bitcoins but still it will be depending on the platform of an ico if their coin will become successful in the future because the competition in the market today is getting even more tighter.

DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:25:11 PM

I have no idea. until now we can not confirm that. it all depends on the use of bitcoin to date. yahoo dim because of google, if in cryptocurrency, only eth that has great potential in replace bitcoin.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:57:06 PM

For me, the first is not always the best. Bitcoin is far from the perfect crypto currency. It's not completely anonymous, costs are high enough, and the confirmation time is too late. After an altcoin ticks all these contacts and it will be ready to race bitcoin. That does not mean that bitcoin will die if it happens all over the world and the economy can not develop quickly. Cool
mangle

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:27:51 AM

It is possible that he will end up as Yahoo, you will not guess anything
SteinsGate

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:31:42 AM

Given that thought now I've that altcoins have chances to overtake bitcoin and gain a better value. But as we can see bitcoins are very complex and time is the only parameter that can decide on who will be on the top crypto.

▮█    KRYLL    ▮█
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
Token sale start on Feb 7, 2018 (https://kryll.io/)
doaremon

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 10:33:05 AM

I don't think so. Bitcoin is the demand of this generation people. It's the best way to transfer money and also it's the best medium of investment. Day by day the people are getting curious about bitcoin. Once there was a time when no one knew about bitcoin but now the time has came. Most of the people at least hard about the crypto currency. People getting more relay to transit through crypto currency. Actually the crypto currency is safe and more easy to transit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: