Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:17:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin of Midas :: Bitcoin Paid-to-Click  (Read 9543 times)
kingmidas (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:36:29 AM

Hello!

For some time I was working on a so called "project".. well, I launched it yesterday :-)

It is a Paid-to-Click service that uses only Bitcoins.

Some things about the service:
  • Free registration
  • You can earn and advertise with the same account.
  • The advertisement window must be focused 30 seconds in order to earn Bitcoins
  • Referral system
  • And many more..

I will continue to add more great features, this is just the beginning of a great journey :-D

The URL is www.coinofmidas.com

I would like to hear your opinions, so feel free to post them here :-)

Regards,
King Midas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 06:16:53 PM

Site design, especially the header looks pretty nice! Might want to make a mobile version, or do a responsive redesign. I imagine trying to use this site on a mobile might be a bit of a pain.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
krudkeeper

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hodl regularly and often!

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:25:03 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 10:55:15 PM by krudkeeper

Looks great. I will put a referral link on my website www.rainingbitcoin.com

🆙
sahkan

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:50:51 PM

Great site. I would recommend running a spell-checker one more time as I saw few misspelled words there.
kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:13:04 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 04:57:19 PM by kingmidas

Site design, especially the header looks pretty nice! Might want to make a mobile version, or do a responsive redesign. I imagine trying to use this site on a mobile might be a bit of a pain.

Hmm.. I did some research and the conversion rate for mobile devices is pretty low. I will think about it but, right now there are other important things to be done :-D

Great site. I would recommend running a spell-checker one more time as I saw few misspelled words there.

I agree. I will check it right now :-)
I'm currently adding more background features, this is why I am not very involved in promoting it at a larger scale.

If you encounter any problems or bugs, please let me know.

LE: All members joined by now received a special Pioneer status. They will earn 50% more Bitcoins than a Standard member.
BiTCoinRC

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:44:38 PM

Site looks good Smiley
krudkeeper

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:31:57 PM

Cool! I signed up yesterday! Did I mention I will be putting your banner on my site?

🆙
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:47:49 PM

Site looks really good! Very professional design.

I'm wondering if you have paid any bitcoin out yet?
Can you provide any more information on the project?

I really hope this is a legit site which offers great services.
I will take a look later on and if I find any issues/bugs with site, I shall send you a private message.

Thanks for providing a great site which users can earn bitcoin Smiley.
krudkeeper

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:34:27 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 10:21:26 PM by krudkeeper

Cool! I signed up yesterday! Did I mention I will be putting your banner on my site?

Done! Your banner is on the advertisers page at http://www.rainingbitcoin.com

Hope I can help.

🆙
ArbitrageX

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:12:22 AM

sweet
etsoberano

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 04:11:11 PM

Really good Idea and website Smiley
Im spreading the word about this PTC, since have a awesome design, and is about bitcoin! Cheesy

฿itcoin: 1hackzqroVrD5pQCeXThfCZWB9zX7jUPJ
super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 04:56:42 PM

Hmm.. I did some research and the conversion rate for mobile devices is pretty low. I will think about it but, right now there are other important things to be done :-D

I agree. I will check it right now :-)
I'm currently adding more background features, this is why I am not very involved in promoting it at a larger scale.

If you encounter any problems or bugs, please let me know.

LE: All members joined by now received a special Pioneer status. They will earn 50% more Bitcoins than a Standard member.
Exactly what research are you talking about? Mobile devices always bring a ton of eyeballs.
Are you planning on bringing your faucet back online? (I'm asking because I just launched one Wink )
Also about to try out your service, just waiting for the BTC to confirm which is going to take a while.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Wed
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:23:54 PM

Nice page, registered. :-)
If would be wonderful if someone would use my ref link: Coin of Midas
super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 09:29:35 PM

Your CPC is way higher than your competitors. For 0.01 BTC I am getting around 1000 uniques with 13% conversion. For your service I can't even get 50 uniques for the same price. I think you need to lower your CPC by a bunch.

kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:31:40 PM

Hello!

I wasn't kinda active lately.. I got a cold recently and a huge headache.. Sad

ok.. let's start with the beginning Cheesy

Site looks good Smiley

Thank you, the design was also created almost from scratch by a friend of mine. I will let him know everyone likes it Cheesy

Congrats! If you didn't got your Pioneer status yet, I will hand out more soon Cheesy
You can use one of the banners from http://coinofmidas.com/banners.php
I think they are cute and you can get referrals with ease.

Site looks really good! Very professional design.

I'm wondering if you have paid any bitcoin out yet?
Can you provide any more information on the project?

I really hope this is a legit site which offers great services.
I will take a look later on and if I find any issues/bugs with site, I shall send you a private message.

Thanks for providing a great site which users can earn bitcoin Smiley.

Thanks! We still need to wait a while until there will be more advertisers. I will create some advertisements myself to help it grew Cheesy
Sure I can provide any information just ask for it Smiley
I will create some tutorials and other similar stuff, where I will explain (or try to) how everything works. Cheesy

A scam? Noooo... Sad
Well.. this is a good reason why I created it from scratch. If I wanted to scam someone, would I spend lot of my time to create this? I think not Cheesy

Exactly what research are you talking about? Mobile devices always bring a ton of eyeballs.
Are you planning on bringing your faucet back online? (I'm asking because I just launched one Wink )
Also about to try out your service, just waiting for the BTC to confirm which is going to take a while.

About the research: yes, the mobile devices bring "a ton of eyeballs", but the conversion rate is usually smaller. Anyway, I didn't said I will not create a mobile version, I just don't have enough time to make it now because there are other important things to be done Cheesy
Yes, I will bring back the faucets, they are around the top places on my to-do list.

5. Some more info for advertisers.
There are two kinds of clicks, validated (or paid) clicks and free clicks.
All clicks are initially free, the advertiser will not pay for those clicks. If the member who clicks on an advertisement verified his account and he stays of your page for 30 seconds (the countodown timer stops if the window/tab with your page is not focused) + other security checks the click will be validated.
The advertiser will pay only for those validated clicks. Free clicks are made be unverified members or unregistered members.
Let's have a look at the statistics of an advertisement.
Paid clicks: 25
Free clicks: 54 (paid clicks are not included here)
Total clicks: 79
The default CPC is 0.0003 BTC
Even the advertiser paid for only 25 clicks, he received a total of 79 clicks. This means the real cost per click (rCPC) is 0.00009494 BTC, which is much lower (a regular member earns more than the real Cost per Click of the advertiser, this is a win-win situation).
Those stats are available in "Advertisements list" section (only if you have any advertisements).

If you didn't checked the "Purchase clicks" page yet, please take a look and let my know how do you think about the prices. Ar they too high/low? Is it affordable for someone to advertise here? Does it worth to click on advertisements for only 0.0001 BTC (as a regular user)? I`m getting 20% from my referrals, cool!

I hope nobody will get mad on me because they won't see the changes instantly, but I am only one person and there are still lots of things to add. Hope you'll understand me Tongue

LE: you posted just before me, haha Smiley
Your CPC is way higher than your competitors. For 0.01 BTC I am getting around 1000 uniques with 13% conversion. For your service I can't even get 50 uniques for the same price. I think you need to lower your CPC by a bunch.

I already asked above what people thinks about prices. I configured the prices + clicking income when a bitcoin was much much cheaper. At that moment, it was a good price. I also was considering lowering the prices. Thanks for the feedback Smiley
super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 09:45:58 PM

It should be at least 1,000 clicks per 0.01 BTC or 0.00001 CPC. Right now I have 0.01 BTC in my Midas account. I thought that would be the minimum amount to buy some ads, but it seems i need 0.015 to purchase 50 clicks. It's not worth adding the extra 0.005 BTC to my Midas amount, because at Bitvisitor that can buy me 500 clicks. When you lower the price to a competitive level, I'll buy some ads right away. Thanks!

kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:56:12 PM

It should be at least 1,000 clicks per 0.01 BTC or 0.00001 CPC. Right now I have 0.01 BTC in my Midas account. I thought that would be the minimum amount to buy some ads, but it seems i need 0.015 to purchase 50 clicks. It's not worth adding the extra 0.005 BTC to my Midas amount, because at Bitvisitor that can buy me 500 clicks. When you lower the price to a competitive level, I'll buy some ads right away. Thanks!

hmm.. ok, I will do some calculations to get a good balance between advertiser's cost and clicking income :-)
There is a catch anyway... there are no such things as "Free clicks" on Bitvisitor. I just showed earlier a real example with real data. Even the initial CPC was 0.003 BTC, and there were bought only 25 clicks, the advertiser received more clicks at a lower CPC (79 clicks with a CPC of 0.00009494 BTC).

Also, free clicks are not made by mistake. If your account is not verified, you will see a red text warning you about this. Members must click a small bitcoin after they click on the advertisement box, as a security check. So the free clicks are as valuable as paid clicks, but from a reason or another, they were not validated Smiley

I should create some awareness of this feature, because I think it's great Smiley
What do you think about it?
super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 10:27:07 PM

hmm.. ok, I will do some calculations to get a good balance between advertiser's cost and clicking income :-)
There is a catch anyway... there are no such things as "Free clicks" on Bitvisitor. I just showed earlier a real example with real data. Even the initial CPC was 0.003 BTC, and there were bought only 25 clicks, the advertiser received more clicks at a lower CPC (79 clicks with a CPC of 0.00009494 BTC).

Also, free clicks are not made by mistake. If your account is not verified, you will see a red text warning you about this. Members must click a small bitcoin after they click on the advertisement box, as a security check. So the free clicks are as valuable as paid clicks, but from a reason or another, they were not validated Smiley

I should create some awareness of this feature, because I think it's great Smiley
What do you think about it?
Even if that is so its still 9 times more expensive than Bitvistor. CoinURL offers the same service and it looks like there rate is 90 times cheaper, but my account hasn't been confirmed yet so I can't speak for its success.

Here is a suggestion. How hard would it be for you to accept other coins as deposits? No current ad services have anything but Bitcoin.

kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:21:08 AM

Even if that is so its still 9 times more expensive than Bitvistor. CoinURL offers the same service and it looks like there rate is 90 times cheaper, but my account hasn't been confirmed yet so I can't speak for its success.

Here is a suggestion. How hard would it be for you to accept other coins as deposits? No current ad services have anything but Bitcoin.

Yes, it is still expensive. I will reduce the prices Smiley

It crossed my mind when I was working on the project to add other currencies too. But I can't tell anything for sure about this  Tongue
kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

Update:

I decreased the prices. All the 'old' prices were divided by 10. Also, the clicking income is divided by 10.

This mean the default CPC is maximum 0.00003 BTC. By adding the bonus clicks you can pay as low as 0.00002 BTC per click.
If we add the free clicks (which you don't pay), you will get a much lower CPC.

The referral bonus is still 20% of the referrals' income. Wink

Cheers!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: