Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:34:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin of Midas :: Bitcoin Paid-to-Click  (Read 9543 times)
kingmidas (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

We want more ads Smiley

Agreed, this site would be a great way to earn Bitcoins, as long as we can get more offers going.

There are three active advertisements Tongue
And probably more of them will appear soon Smiley
Wed
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:18:51 PM

There are three active advertisements Tongue
And probably more of them will appear soon Smiley

sounds great Smiley
(A)social

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:12:10 PM

Need translation eng>ita?

BTC: 1ASociaLbBZzBUR8hSw8CryajncADsR1m6 - Bitmessage: BM-orfFdAgAmtnBokTivq3vj1RtSVtXbrftM
OpenBazaar Store: https://openbazaar.com/store/QmeCThm8d5zcat7BjGw4SQeovaC5diF9s4b2yTSHWdpzmb
kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 06:53:06 AM

Need translation eng>ita?

Sure. I already have a list with preferred languages for the website. Right now it doesn't support multiple languages, but not for long.
Send me a PM with your email address and I will contact you when everything is ready for translation Smiley

Thanks!
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:47:14 AM

Hey there,

I really like your site. Simply because it is the ONLY ad-click site I have found so far that has good webdesign and does not look like made in the 90s by a hobbyist. Two thumbs up to your webdesigning friend.

So far I'm just a clicker, since I have nothing to advertise for. Since you asked: The reward per click is fine in my view. Once the site really kicks off and gets more ads going it will be another great place for making some free BTC.

What I also like is the quality of the advertised sites so far. They are actually usefull and not stupid gambling or scammer sites (like 90% of the stuff on bitvisitor). I hope this stays that way. So far it shows that a quality website lures in quality advertisers. Speaking again from the clicker's point of view: This is also the reason why I don't mind the forced 30 seconds viewing. Those sites were in fact interesting and I resided on them much longer than that 30 seconds.

Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 01:59:29 PM

Nice job with the site, the layout alone beats most of the Bitcoin sites out there. I was actually wondering when someone would create a PTC site that accepted Bitcoin.

There seems to be a small bug with the "earned xx BTC" message you get after viewing the advertisement. It reported I got 0.00002 BTC when I got 0.000015 BTC.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:20:00 PM

Nice job with the site, the layout alone beats most of the Bitcoin sites out there. I was actually wondering when someone would create a PTC site that accepted Bitcoin.

There seems to be a small bug with the "earned xx BTC" message you get after viewing the advertisement. It reported I got 0.00002 BTC when I got 0.000015 BTC.

Yeah... As I was getting closer and closer to the final version of the site I was checking the forum everyday to know if it's correct to assume that my website is the first PTC website that uses only bitcoins.

Thanks for reporting this. The value was rounded to the 5th decimal Grin

I added a new feature. Banner advertising. If you find any bugs, let me know Smiley
Right now it costs 1 Satoshi / impression. The banners are picked randomly. Check it out Wink
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:34:18 PM

I've been a watching this website and it surely is growing and I'm looking forward to it, I know how hard it is to get adverts sometimes, good luck!
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 05:47:25 PM

I think the site is broken.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Wed
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:57:43 PM

I think the site is broken.

nope, is online and working
Chrithu

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 06:39:43 PM

Actually I'd like to add something:

Since you already have a small emphasize on being advertiser friendly: Maybe you'd like to rethink allowing clicking the same ads every day. Right now with so little advertisers aboard I almost feel bad that I am using up the clicks of sites that I do already know. Maybe limit it after the first 2 days so that you can rclick a site already visited only every other day and after another amount of clicks limit it to once per week. Just something to think about.

kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 06:50:48 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 07:38:22 PM by kingmidas

Since you already have a small emphasize on being advertiser friendly: Maybe you'd like to rethink allowing clicking the same ads every day. Right now with so little advertisers aboard I almost feel bad that I am using up the clicks of sites that I do already know. Maybe limit it after the first 2 days so that you can rclick a site already visited only every other day and after another amount of clicks limit it to once per week. Just something to think about.

I just did that... by mistake  Grin

I worked on something and I commented the line of code which verified if the user already click an ad today. Guess what, a user clicked a total of 241 ads today...  Roll Eyes

If you click again and again on the same day, you already know the advertised website. Your curiosity is lower, and your visit will be considered gibberish traffic. If we want to have more advertisers and, of course, more ads, the traffic created by our users should have a good quality.

The invalid clicks made by the users who preferred to exploit the bug instead of reporting it will be removed. The user who noticed me about this bug received a one week Golden Membership Smiley

Next time you find a bug, report it instead of exploit it Cheesy
Chrithu

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:55:58 PM

I just did that... by mistake  Grin

I worked on something and I commented the line of code which verified if the user already click an ad today. Guess what, a user clicked a total of 241 ads today...  Roll Eyes

If you click again and again on the same day, you already know the advertised website. Your curiosity is lower, and your visit will be considered gibberish traffic. If we want to have more advertisers and, of course, more ads, the traffic created by our users should have a good quality.

The invalid clicks made by the users who preferred to exploit the bug instead of reporting it will be removed. The user who noticed me about this bug received a one week Golden Membership Smiley

Next time you find a bug, report it instead of exploit it Cheesy

Yeah things like that happen, when coding. I know that all too well. But I don't know if I made myself clear: The intedned way of the site to work is that I can click the ads once every day. Regardless of how often I already clicked that very same ad on the days before. For me as a clicker that's just great. But I imagine for an advertiser it's kind of unsatisfying to know that a percentage of the clicks he bought will be used up by the same person. And that's where my aforementioned ideas would kick in to reduce that percentage.

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:39:59 PM

I would like to report one. It's just a typo actually.
In the Ads section, there's a text that starts: “After your clicked is validated [...]”. This should be: “After your click is validated [...]”.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:44:41 AM

Yeah things like that happen, when coding. I know that all too well. But I don't know if I made myself clear: The intedned way of the site to work is that I can click the ads once every day. Regardless of how often I already clicked that very same ad on the days before. For me as a clicker that's just great. But I imagine for an advertiser it's kind of unsatisfying to know that a percentage of the clicks he bought will be used up by the same person. And that's where my aforementioned ideas would kick in to reduce that percentage.

You made yourself clear, I was thinking about something else.. my bad Smiley

I was thinking about this when I created the current system. When we'll have enough advertisements, I will limit the maximum shown ads. This way I can rotate the ads from one day to another and users will find everyday other cool websites Cheesy The rotation will not be the same for everyone and the advertisements will be shown evenly. Cheesy

I would like to report one. It's just a typo actually.
In the Ads section, there's a text that starts: “After your clicked is validated [...]”. This should be: “After your click is validated [...]”.

Thanks, I fixed it Smiley I usually type very fast and I have multiple ideas of what to write.. sometimes they combine and something bad comes out Grin
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:37:17 AM

Yay Cheesy

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
krudkeeper

Activity: 182

Hodl regularly and often!

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:22:21 PM

I will advertise my site as soon as I generate enough click BTC's

🆙
kingmidas (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:08:46 PM

Hello!

Some of you already heard about this.. I've got some health problems and I am at the hospital since yesterday :-(
After lots of tests, they still don't know where is my problem, even I had a fever of 40° Celsius.

I don't know when I will be healthy again, until then I will do what I can to make sure the site works well.

Regards :-)
bennett616

Activity: 70

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 09:37:51 PM

Hello!

Some of you already heard about this.. I've got some health problems and I am at the hospital since yesterday :-(
After lots of tests, they still don't know where is my problem, even I had a fever of 40° Celsius.

I don't know when I will be healthy again, until then I will do what I can to make sure the site works well.

Sorry too hear that man, hope you are all good soon enough! If you need any help with the site till you get better feel free to ask me :-)

Andy B

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:58:51 PM

Hello!

Site hasn't exploded yet. Hope you get better soon!

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: