Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:54:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changelly.com scam 12000 WINGS  (Read 977 times)
piratesaw (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:27:40 PM

Hello all

What happened:

On Jun-01-2017 01:16:29 PM +UTC I sent 12000 Wings to Changelly service to exchange for BTC. (TRANSACTION #D6CE3F9F303E)
    The transaction remained in state "processing" for hours und failed.
On Jun-02-2017 I contacted support  via e-mail. I got an automatic response telling me, that they usually respond within 24 hours, but that they
    are overloaded.
    No further reaction
On Jun-06-2017 I contacted Changelly on Facebook
    Within few hours they responded and asked me wether I'd like that they push the transaction again or if I wand my money back.
    I choose the option Money back.
    A bit later an Mail from Changelly Support asked me the same question. I overlooked this mail.
On Jun-07-2017 I contacted Changelly on Facebook again, because there was no refund.
    Some houres later the asked me to provide my WINGS-Wallet Address
On Jun-08-2017 I sent them my WINGS-Wallet Address
    Same day, changelly answered on Facebokk that the Money is on the way.
On Jun-09-2017 I complained, that there is no transaction on the Blockchain to my Wallet Address.
    They respondet, that Money was sent, but for some reason it didn't make its way to the blockchain. I should wait for  a couple of days
On Jun-14-2017 I wrote another Mail to the support team demanding to send my money back within 24 hours.
    I posted this mail on the facebook-messenger too.
    Asside from an automatic reply no reaction so far.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=823207

Reference Link:
https://changelly.com

Amount scammed:
12000 Wings (~ 3BTC)

Payment Method:

WINGS

Proof of Payment:
My WINGS wallet to Changelly...
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x9ec81bd1db9fce6dc952192c39de1ff1df9771fa15affb7a6420185fe9c55010
Changelly Transaction ID #D6CE3F9F303E

PM/Chat Logs:

If necessary I could post all mails and the facebook-messenger thread.

Additional Notes:

No I won't write an PM to the Changelly representant at bitcointalk. I've no understanding for their being overloaded. This only means that things break faster than Changelly can fix. And I don't accept any further excuses since my wings didn't vanish anywhere by any technical problem. Changelly moved them from the provided exchange address to 0x7d0bfb3f090c1c73188394e83e1708d63ba5b7ea and this address has a ballance of almost 20.000 Wings.
romeorickl64

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:23:25 PM

I believe this is not a scam attempt from the service provider changelly as they experienced high demand from the customer that might caused this unexpected delay.

Quoted a post from their official Btalk account
Dear Customer, our apologies for the unpleasure experience. Please, provide us your changelly transaction id, we will investigate what happened! Just notifying you that network commission does't included to the estimated amount. But is always showing on the confirmation page before payment. As for rates, we never promise the fix rates, but do guarantee that your coins were exchanged at the best available rate, once we received confirmation of your payment in blockchain. If we are experiencing issues with our exchange partners, we are always notifying you about possibility of the delays before payment. Hope that make sense!

And another 60 BTC scam accusation was solved by them https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1930954.0

Hope they're already concerned about your problem.

piratesaw (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:15:06 AM

I'm glad for the guy whos scam accusation was solved, but that does'nt help me in any way.
Facts are: I'm waiting a ridiculous long period of 2 weeks to get my money.
              Support reacts very slowly and answeres with meaningless excuses and promises.

My wings took their way from my wallet -> changelly -> 0x7d0bfb3f090c1c73188394e83e1708d63ba5b7ea.
I think it's a reasonable assumption that 0x7d0bfb3f090c1c73188394e83e1708d63ba5b7ea is a deposit address for changelly on an exchage.
Since the wings are still there, no trade was made. Sure there could be many reasons for this to happen. The most likley cause is that an offer does not reach the expected rate.
This leads me  to the assumption, that changelly might try to get a better rate than they provide to their customers. This definitely would be scam too.
Of course I didn't track order histories on all major exchanges, so there is no proof for such an assumption. However a company that acts in a that highly improfessional manner has to put up with guesses like this one.

Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:19:46 AM

This could be just another delay that has been accidental from the Changelly team however it might be something more. I have heard rumours that say that Changelly is owned by Minergate(this is well known), and Minergate is related to freewallet.org which has recently conducted a huge scam.

On scam accusation there are just so many Changelly reports and it doesn't seem like some sort of coincidence that so many are popping up at a single time IMO.
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:01:28 AM

they may very well be selectively scamming and only resolving the noisiest of complaints and scamming the rest. it's good that people will keep posting these when their service is not working as it should be, or if they're scamming. the fact that they're related to freewallet is already some big red flag to me imo

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Changelly

Activity: 163
Merit: 11

Supersonic swaps for your digital assets

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:25:21 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 12:58:46 AM by Changelly

Dear Customer, we apologies for the issue. Exchange was failed due to our partner Bittrex stuck the order. During the refund process, Ethereum wallet was suddenly lack of gas to execute contract. It's rather new technology, unfortunately full of unpredictable issues. We've fix the problem and resent you funds. Please, check your wallet! Will be great to see update here, once you receive funds. Thanks.

Changelly is a non-custodial instant cryptocurrency exchange. We act as an intermediary between crypto exchanges and users, offering access to 150+ cryptocurrencies. The company mission is making exchange process effortless for everyone who wants to invest in cryptocurrency. Operating since 2015, the platform and its mobile app attract over a million visitors monthly who enjoy high limits, fast transactions, and 24/7 live support.

Changelly offers its API and a customizable payment widget to any crypto service that wishes to broaden its audience and implement new exchange options. The platform also provides its Affiliate program with a 50% revenue share mechanism.

Changelly partners with Exodus, Binance, BRD, Coinpayments, Binance, Coinomi, Huobi Wallet and other well-known players in the crypto industry

We offer you an intuitive interface, the best exchange rates and secure transactions. We aspire to establish mutual trust with our clients; thereof we don’t have any hidden or unreasonable fees. We always charge only 0.5% fee for crypto-to-crypto transactions and that’s it, full stop.
piratesaw (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:15:43 AM

Update:
On Jun-17-2017 Wings were refundet by Changelly. The issue is resolved.
romeorickl64

Activity: 343

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:51:57 AM

Update:

That's great. I hope you're satisfied now.However some of your precious time were killed but at least you didn't lose anything  Smiley
I suggest you must lock this thread now.Good luck.

aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:42:33 AM

Update:

Good to hear.

However this is definitely not the only case that Changelly has held up a deposit on their site. In fact if you look at their reddit page(https://www.reddit.com/r/Changelly/) you'll see a whole bunch of complaints. This shouldn't have to happen. When I use an exchange I expect to function as it advertises, instant, easy, exchange. This is obviously not the case wehn you have to complain on reddit and on bitcointalk just to get your blockchain assets back.

@Changelly, why can't you have live support to sort out this kind of thing? Your reputation is going to get very tainted by the constant delays in transactions.

Changelly

Activity: 163
Merit: 11

Supersonic swaps for your digital assets

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 05:27:53 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 06:36:17 PM by Changelly

This could be just another delay that has been accidental from the Changelly team however it might be something more. I have heard rumours that say that Changelly is owned by Minergate(this is well known), and Minergate is related to freewallet.org which has recently conducted a huge scam.

On scam accusation there are just so many Changelly reports and it doesn't seem like some sort of coincidence that so many are popping up at a single time IMO.
Initially we were founded by Minergate team, that has one of the longest track record in the crypto industry. For the last year we are independent business, providing instant exchange API for many partners - official NEM/XEM wallet, Coinpayments, Uquid, ShakePay, going to be integrated into Jaxx, Coinomi, Wirex and a few others. Freewallet is also our partner for instant altcoins exchange. As we know, no one has lost funds from the FreeWallet. People on reddit were discussing without any proofs. It was just a regular funds rebalancing between secured cold storages, as Freewallet is a custodian wallet, the same as CoinBase.

Update:

Good to hear.

However this is definitely not the only case that Changelly has held up a deposit on their site. In fact if you look at their reddit page(https://www.reddit.com/r/Changelly/) you'll see a whole bunch of complaints. This shouldn't have to happen. When I use an exchange I expect to function as it advertises, instant, easy, exchange. This is obviously not the case wehn you have to complain on reddit and on bitcointalk just to get your blockchain assets back.

@Changelly, why can't you have live support to sort out this kind of thing? Your reputation is going to get very tainted by the constant delays in transactions.

We are rather popular service, processing over 150K transactions monthly. In May market was booming! As blockchain is a new technology, unfortunately full of unpredictable issues - exchange partners stuck the orders, blockchain overloads, wallets are not recognise transactions properly, etc..

Recently we've doubled our support team to help you quicker. We usually solve the issues in 24-48 hours, as we promised in support auto reply. Some of our impatience customers are publishing issues to reddit/twitter/bitcointalk before getting the email answer, of course, we are helping there. Hope that make sense!

Changelly is a non-custodial instant cryptocurrency exchange. We act as an intermediary between crypto exchanges and users, offering access to 150+ cryptocurrencies. The company mission is making exchange process effortless for everyone who wants to invest in cryptocurrency. Operating since 2015, the platform and its mobile app attract over a million visitors monthly who enjoy high limits, fast transactions, and 24/7 live support.

Changelly offers its API and a customizable payment widget to any crypto service that wishes to broaden its audience and implement new exchange options. The platform also provides its Affiliate program with a 50% revenue share mechanism.

Changelly partners with Exodus, Binance, BRD, Coinpayments, Binance, Coinomi, Huobi Wallet and other well-known players in the crypto industry

We offer you an intuitive interface, the best exchange rates and secure transactions. We aspire to establish mutual trust with our clients; thereof we don’t have any hidden or unreasonable fees. We always charge only 0.5% fee for crypto-to-crypto transactions and that’s it, full stop.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 12:19:20 PM

Initially we were founded by Minergate team, that has one of the longest track record in the crypto industry. For the last year we are independent business, providing instant exchange API for many partners - official NEM/XEM wallet, Coinpayments, Uquid, ShakePay, going to be integrated into Jaxx, Coinomi, Wirex and a few others. Freewallet is also our partner for instant altcoins exchange. As we know, no one has lost funds from the FreeWallet. People on reddit were discussing without any proofs. It was just a regular funds rebalancing between secured cold storages, as Freewallet is a custodian wallet, the same as CoinBase.

Update:

Good to hear.

We are rather popular service, processing over 150K transactions monthly. In May market was booming! As blockchain is a new technology, unfortunately full of unpredictable issues - exchange partners stuck the orders, blockchain overloads, wallets are not recognise transactions properly, etc..

Recently we've doubled our support team to help you quicker. We usually solve the issues in 24-48 hours, as we promised in support auto reply. Some of our impatience customers are publishing issues to reddit/twitter/bitcointalk before getting the email answer, of course, we are helping there. Hope that make sense!

Don't put the blame on your clients, do you not have a newsletter so you can update your clients about the issues confronting your lousy service,people are right posting this issues so they will be aware,because these are all hard earned money .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: