Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just have the best idea to help people and make BTC even bigger  (Read 5735 times)
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:27:06 AM

If bitcoin could dominate just one market it should be the charitable market as far as I can dream.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 12:50:53 AM

That's exactly what Bitcoin100 does.

ok, I get you there you suggest that we can just donate to bitcoin100 ? and this will do it, you are even trolling or missing my point here, i did choose UNICEF for a reason, there you go guess why.

as long you are still thinking inside the box we are not going anywhere, so bitcoin inside bitcoin community wont help that much, maybe you are helping people but you are not doing much for bitcoin

Currently, Bitcoin 100 is donating $1,000 USD worth of BTC to most any NPO/NGO that simply embeds a Bitcoin donation option onto their website. That is it! No strings attach, though we prefer them to keep the link up for at least a few months.

That said, if you can get UNICEF to come on board and start accepting bitcoins within the next 30 days, Bitcoin 100 will donate twice the amount--$2,000 USD--to them, being that they're a renown NPO.

~Bruno K~
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:37:24 AM

ok, I get you there you suggest that we can just donate to bitcoin100 ? and this will do it, you are even trolling or missing my point here, i did choose UNICEF for a reason, there you go guess why.

as long you are still thinking inside the box we are not going anywhere, so bitcoin inside bitcoin community wont help that much, maybe you are helping people but you are not doing much for bitcoin

Currently, Bitcoin 100 is donating $1,000 USD worth of BTC to most any NPO/NGO that simply embeds a Bitcoin donation option onto their website. That is it! No strings attach, though we prefer them to keep the link up for at least a few months.

That said, if you can get UNICEF to come on board and start accepting bitcoins within the next 30 days, Bitcoin 100 will donate twice the amount--$2,000 USD--to them, being that they're a renown NPO.

~Bruno K~

I really wish to add them to your list, I cant do it alone, this is why I need help and support from all members. I wont lead it as well,  I brought the idea and when allot of us are willing to help we will choose people who can present us in a good way.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:01:10 AM

At least look at this list of charities they have already contacted so you don't duplicate effort. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55398.msg659165#msg659165

Good Luck!

We need to duplicate the effort! If you think Bitcoin is a viable technology, and if there is a place you'd like to see accept them - please do contact them and suggest they do so.  Don't sound scammy, don't insist - simply make a suggestion.

As for pooling funds together for large donations, bitcoin100 works just fine.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:36:12 PM

What average joe would donate in bitcoins?  You'd lose the tax benefit.   Unless your paid in BTC, taxed in BTC and can write it off, you'd be a mug to donate in BTC.  Better to exchange into your local currency for the tax benefits.  No?
BTC would allow donating from everywhere. Not all countries have tax benefits for donations in the first place.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
benod

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:22:29 PM

hi all,

i am already involved in something similar. I will try to convince a local animal shelter organization to accept bitcoins for donation. Whatever donations they get will be nice.

I will post the links and adress here if we go that way and you  guys will hopefully donate something for abandoned animals. Smiley

b.
mmitech (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:16:39 AM

I just got a PM from a member who said that he/she knows some one in hight position in UNICEF and that he would talk her out to accept BTC.

If that guy  succeeded to do it, and that we can see a prove on their official website with an announcement on media, than I would like to ask Phinnaeus Gage to create a Donation address that we can send donations for UNICEF there and I would like him to handle this thing (if he agrees) as he did it many times before and have more experience.
FeatherLite

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:49:22 AM

Check it out I found a new forum  for currencies today, spread the word Cheesy

http://itcoin.proboards.com
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1003

View Profile