Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:51:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill Spam  (Read 8257 times)
Miner-TE

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:05:49 AM

Yes,  I got it also.

Subject: We Accept Bitcoins - GBVault

Some dickhead sales guy there (probably) last name Jefferson.

Received: from JEFFERSON ([107.10.208.130]) by gbvault.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.17514);
    Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:33:51 -0400

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reto

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:11:00 AM

Just got one from 15977 myself.

Helo Bitcoin Firend,

A few hours ago the Bitcoin trading website Mt Gox has been hacked. Malicious individuals have been able to obtain a database containing usernames, email address and encrypted passwords. This information has been posted publicly on the internet.

As a Bitcoin supporter I'm now sending a message to every email address contained in the hacked database. This is to warn you that your username, email address and password have been leaked. I therefore strongly advice you to change your passwords. If you have used the same password on different websites it's highly recommended to change your password on all of your accounts!

For a more secure alternative to Mt Gox, the community appears to be moving to TradeHill. So this is no reason to lose faith in Bitcoin itself. It must be seen as a warning that not every website can be trusted with your data however! Their link is http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R15977.

Sincerely,
A Bitcoin supporter
1ENwoR6KAfAiuH57fqLxX2iCfEANYDdCtd

PS: We do offer undetected multiplayer cheats for Call of Duty and other games!
Checkout http://netcoders.cc and buy your PB or VAC proof copy today with Bitcoins!

ddod

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:50:37 AM

Ms. Bitcoin Supporter should be given a double commission ...

That email did not provide me anything I didn't already know from reading the forum.  It was unsolicited and therefore SPAM.  It was obviously opportunistic, maybe not malicious, but definitively opportunistic.
clint25n

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:06:04 AM

Yea, about that gbvault one...
See Post http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19812.0
Sorry again! Sad
PHPAdam (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:41:17 AM

wow, lots of spam.

I applaud Tradehill for their actions on the matter.

As for the spammers they have a nice bit of direct marketing, for us bitcoin users. Maybe this will simulate the economy, or at the least make everyone upgrade their google mailbox to accommodate the extra spam.
foo

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:52:49 AM

Seven emails from someone I don't know, giving me advice I don't need, encouraging me to change exchanges even though I already have accounts at both, and trying to get referral fees out of it - that sure meets my definition of spam.

Spam is getting advertisements for male performance products or whatever, for no good reason, out of the blue.

Ms. BS's timely and responsive email blast was primarily an advisory about the MtGox situation, with the additional option of using TradeHill as a handy replacement also being provided.

Your objections just go to show that no good deed goes unpunished. 

Mt. Gox had already e-mailed everyone, there was no need for any self-appointed "hero" to spam his affiliate link 8 times to 60,000 people.

If the e-mail had arrived ONCE, BEFORE the official Mt. Gox mail, and had NOT had commercial content, you might have a point.

I know this because Tyler knows this.
kseistrup

Activity: 566

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 09:55:57 AM

I got the email 5 times, this is stupid and I hope they just delete this guy his account.  Angry

I got the email 9 times, and I emailed the TH admin to ask them ban the user.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
ironwolf

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:13:56 AM

Right, GBVault is on my "permanent shit list" now.
kseistrup

Activity: 566

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 10:20:21 AM

Right, GBVault is on my "permanent shit list" now.

Mine, too.  They do claim, at the top of their website, that “NOTICE: A bogus distribution list was sold to us; we appologize to the individuals who just received an email!”.  However, they should be smarter than using an unverified list (i.e., they should use double opt-in), so GBVault is permanently on my shit list, too.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
3txx

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:18:48 PM

New SPAM Mail - not from tradehill -> info@info.net

We offer loan at 2%. Apply by providing the below information.
1. Names:
2. Telephone:
3. Country:
4. Amount Needed
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:39:37 PM

1. Names:
2. Telephone:
3. Country:
4. Amount Needed

Unlucky you! Normally those emails to me come with "You won 1,000,000 United States Dollars" (love how they're descriptive, just in case I may believe it would be Zimbabwean Dollars)...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Kuber

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:00:46 PM

1. Names:
2. Telephone:
3. Country:
4. Amount Needed

Got this one too, hurray!
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:02:43 PM

Yup, checks out, me too.
And the shit storm had just began...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Kuber

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:11:48 PM

Oh boy.. for the first time i'm thankful that my spam filter is over sensitive
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: