Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:53:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Warning] Polybius & EmerCoin - Scam  (Read 23351 times)
BITCOINDENMARK

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:44:39 AM

just info; I invested in hashflare from 1.3.2016 to 1.3.2017, no problems. Now I also invested in polybius.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Perryl

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:17:49 PM

I didn't invest in Polybius, nor did I recommend it to anyone. It could be a scam, but I can also confirm that I've invested in cloud mining on Hashflare and made profit, not just ROId. Although, that doesn't really mean anything.

I'm not saying do or don't invest in Polybius, but this thread doesn't provide any evidence that this is a scam. Only conjecture.

You should assume every ICO is a scam, really, because historically speaking almost all of them have been. If you don't have the appetite for risk, get off this forum and go play Minecraft.

It should be noted that cloud-mining operations are usually scamming too. The way a ponzi scheme works is by paying out old members with new member's money. Once that starts to dry up the ponzi collapses. However, logically, it would make sense to run an ICO to keep that operation going. You could easily raise enough money from the ICO to continue paying out your cloud mining contracts and then the public perception would increase, and then more cloud mining contracts would be sold. Rinse and repeat. Avoiding collapse with two different business models. Not hard to do, really. So there are definitely grounds to assume that this has all been the same scam the whole time. It's been long enough that it's pretty likely that their registration numbers have gone down and that fewer people are buying contracts now, triggering an impending collapse. Insert ICO and you have enough money to prevent that collapse.

Oh, and for all of those people that say things like "how can it be a scam? I made money". Shut the fuck up. Learn the very basics of a scam. Being early in is how you make money off of a scam like a ponzi, pyramid, HYIP, or whatever. Like someone else said, "will it flip? that's all I care about". That's how you profit off of coins regardless if they're a scam or not. It's all about the flip. Making money doesn't make something any less of a scam, just makes it profitable for you. Those who are left holding the bag are the ones who will scream and cry about it. Not you. Because you already made your profit.

Read:
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/ponzischeme.asp
Scroll...

Learn.

lockept93 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 04:30:11 PM

Isn't it that EmerCoinis already in the market and traded at Bittrex and other trading exchange since 2016, how could you say that it is a scam like your post title said? kindly explain and give us some proof.

You find everything you nee in the open post.
Ask yourself why EmerCoin - Polybius - Hashcoins are connected.
EmerCoin shows that there are the same people working on like Polybius. Just think about.

Anyway its not impossible to create a coin as a scammer.
I'm not questioning Polybius and Hashcoin, i'm just asking about the EmerCoin, i am just wondering how could a profitable coin like EMC be tagged as a SCAM cause i'm trading that coin since then and it already gave me some considerable amount of profits.

Cause EmerCoin is devloped by the same people like Hashcoins, Polybius, Hashflare - do you think a scammer will only scam in one of his projects?
If you believe that a coin cant be a scam, go and read something about this or stay with your opinion and promise me not to cry in the end when these projects gone and EmerCoin nothing more worth.

Your money is not my problem, i just give a chance to think about it and dicide by yourself. For me and many others these are obv scams.

Rengganis

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:43:19 PM

is it really polybius going for scam? because I already joining for the facebook and twitter campaign . I hope it was aint scam
zxl912157

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:57:36 PM

Not sure but it totally looks like a scam. They do not even bother to reply to accusation.
b080180d

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:59:10 PM

is it really polybius going for scam? because I already joining for the facebook and twitter campaign . I hope it was aint scam

already joined? or you have invested with $?
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:01:16 PM

People who invested in this are obviously guided by greed.
lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 05:12:02 PM

People who invested in this are obviously guided by greed.

This is why many people do not want to believe that this whole thing is a fake.

Metros

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:17:24 PM

So before I send Ethers to Polybius...

Is it true? any more info?

Ernst & Young are not really working with them?

There is no Escrow?
georgeandy

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:21:26 PM

I didn't invest in Polybius, nor did I recommend it to anyone. It could be a scam, but I can also confirm that I've invested in cloud mining on Hashflare and made profit, not just ROId. Although, that doesn't really mean anything.

I'm not saying do or don't invest in Polybius, but this thread doesn't provide any evidence that this is a scam. Only conjecture.

You should assume every ICO is a scam, really, because historically speaking almost all of them have been. If you don't have the appetite for risk, get off this forum and go play Minecraft.

It should be noted that cloud-mining operations are usually scamming too. The way a ponzi scheme works is by paying out old members with new member's money. Once that starts to dry up the ponzi collapses. However, logically, it would make sense to run an ICO to keep that operation going. You could easily raise enough money from the ICO to continue paying out your cloud mining contracts and then the public perception would increase, and then more cloud mining contracts would be sold. Rinse and repeat. Avoiding collapse with two different business models. Not hard to do, really. So there are definitely grounds to assume that this has all been the same scam the whole time. It's been long enough that it's pretty likely that their registration numbers have gone down and that fewer people are buying contracts now, triggering an impending collapse. Insert ICO and you have enough money to prevent that collapse.

Oh, and for all of those people that say things like "how can it be a scam? I made money". Shut the fuck up. Learn the very basics of a scam. Being early in is how you make money off of a scam like a ponzi, pyramid, HYIP, or whatever. Like someone else said, "will it flip? that's all I care about". That's how you profit off of coins regardless if they're a scam or not. It's all about the flip. Making money doesn't make something any less of a scam, just makes it profitable for you. Those who are left holding the bag are the ones who will scream and cry about it. Not you. Because you already made your profit.

Read:
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/ponzischeme.asp
Scroll...

Learn.

thank you for share the importance information
lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 05:23:27 PM

There is no Escrow?

I have spoke to a press leader from E&Y and if you want is send you a screenshot from this conversation.
They DO NOT work together with E&Y!

I really recommend you to not invest in Polybius! It's your decision, but go for yourself and look up the open post and ask yourself.
Maybe after a time you are comming and say thank you.  Wink

join2

Activity: 537

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:06:14 PM

I agree with you from the picture page 1 looks polybius team with emercoin is the same as different skill
lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 07:15:27 PM

I agree with you from the picture page 1 looks polybius team with emercoin is the same as different skill

Not only that. There are different informations about the same people.

lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 08:51:30 PM

Oh, I invested in it.  Huh

I only can recommend to not invest more - what you can do i dont know. I never used this service and sure i will not start.

lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 09:10:37 PM

!

sonawer

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:18:22 PM

Scam?? They not open yet to become scam...
lockept93 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 09:26:45 PM

Scam?? They not open yet to become scam...

They will not deliver what they promise.

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 10:45:48 PM

Isn't it that EmerCoinis already in the market and traded at Bittrex and other trading exchange since 2016, how could you say that it is a scam like your post title said? kindly explain and give us some proof.

You find everything you nee in the open post.
Ask yourself why EmerCoin - Polybius - Hashcoins are connected.
EmerCoin shows that there are the same people working on like Polybius. Just think about.

Anyway its not impossible to create a coin as a scammer.
I'm not questioning Polybius and Hashcoin, i'm just asking about the EmerCoin, i am just wondering how could a profitable coin like EMC be tagged as a SCAM cause i'm trading that coin since then and it already gave me some considerable amount of profits.

That you trade coin and make profits doesn't mean that this coin is not a scam.

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 10:53:54 PM

There is no Escrow?

There is no Escrow?

If you see  Polybius - Hashcoins- Hashflare- EmerCoin - together with ICO you should be warned.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:00:27 PM

wow, emercoin has been going for a long time to be a scam?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
█ ███████████████████████ █