Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:46:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The legalization of bitcoin.  (Read 5093 times)
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:24:25 PM

Do you think if we create an initiative group for the legalization of bitcoin. To find uninhabited island, to announce the collection of funds for its acquisition. Everyone who contribute will receive a piece of this island. Based on the state of Bitcoin official currency of this state to make a bitcoin. Do you like this idea?
The government held already the islands, even uninhabitable islands. We cannot push the legalization of bitcoin to that particular island if the government does not want bitcoin to exist in their territory. As far as I know, there are lots of countries applied bitcoin in the sense that the people using it as earnings and to transact. I've been searched also the different countries that bitcoin is legitimate and I found out that bitcoin already spread in our world.
rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:12:54 PM

Legalization of Bitcoin will bring big revolution in crypto world.Many investors who are not investing more due to legalization,after legalization investor ratio will increase and prices go on peak many existence investor will take profit may be they become millionaires. Legalization of Bitcoin will bring many positive changes.
truecrusader666

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:13:46 PM

Do you think if we create an initiative group for the legalization of bitcoin. To find uninhabited island, to announce the collection of funds for its acquisition. Everyone who contribute will receive a piece of this island. Based on the state of Bitcoin official currency of this state to make a bitcoin. Do you like this idea?

More than legalization/legistaltion, is not prohibition of bitcoin,
Bitcoin doesn't need to be regulated, actually its why it was created its way decetralized.
Markupoltit

Activity: 128

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:02:59 AM

I think people are increasingly using virtual money,like Bitcoin, that not backed by an government.Many central banks have cautioned against it.But most authorities take a hands-off approach.And also Legalization of bitcoin will bring big revolution and many positive changes.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:55:31 AM

Legalization of bitcoin it seems to be coming soon. Not only just because it is supported by the government, but in the fact that  bitcoin is being used by the community that really needs a certain policies to have a fair in the other forms of investment. What will make worries for us is that, it could be lead bitcoin from being controlled with the government.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:00:04 AM

Legalization of Bitcoin will bring big revolution in crypto world.Many investors who are not investing more due to legalization,after legalization investor ratio will increase and prices go on peak many existence investor will take profit may be they become millionaires. Legalization of Bitcoin will bring many positive changes.

I totally agree with you in the half of your answer, But I doubt for the truth of the rest. In fact, it is clear that the legalization of bitcoin will generate a storm, but it can have a positive or negative influence on the most valuable virtual currency in the world, in other words, it may be at the base of a rise or a  fall of its value. However, we must never forget that whatever thing forbidden became extremely desirable, therefore it may that bitcoin loses its fame once this prohibition does not exist anymore.

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:21:06 AM

I don't think this is a grate idea because it contradicts bitcoin's ideology and concept on which it was based on . Bitcoin shouldn't be linked to any state , government , land or party . It should only be defined by people and  for people to be completely free from any controlling organisms . In addition setting a plan like this means you'll need equipment and regimen for that , even an army to protect it ! And you can't just acquire all of that with bitcoin only  .
Nothing contradicts the ideology of bitcoin even if it ends up being legalized eventually. This does not change it from being a digital currency nor does it change it from being a decentralized one for that matter. Every country has their laws with monetary policies and as long as you are still going to be making use of fiat, come on !

Unless you want to be robbing your government, this is classified as capital gains. One day though, when bitcoin becomes more useful to be used as a currency, then we should expect taxing to really be a problem for the government so we better wait for that but I am sure they will always find a way.
Kolly

Activity: 208

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:09:33 AM

I dont understand what u mean by legalization because not all countries are considering bitcoins as illegal. My country alone, our government through our central bank has taken an initiative to regulate bitcoin.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:37:23 AM

Anyhow however.. it's not easy to do, if we're just the ordinary people who are still dependent on government regulations.
I myself haven't been able to thinking that far to makes such an effort, still unreachable to my mind personally. And I think it seems like if it really intends to doing that, it would be really takes a very hard effort.
Legalization should really not be a problem. I see a lot of people talking about tax, but even without the government solely declaring that they are legalizing bitcoin, a lot of countries are still seeing it as a commodity and it is being taxed. I am sure it will eventually mean a lot for bitcoin as that would show the government really accepting that there is nothing they can do to stop bitcoin than accepting and just benefiting from it.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:31:45 PM

but do we need legalization in general? this is why it was invented to ensure decentralization and anonymity in managing your finances. I think this policy can lead to a slowdown in the development of bitcoin.

There is a bad and good side of legalizing Bitcoin. The negative effect will justify your statement. It can only lead to Bitcoin being centralized because of the government's control. The positive side is that it may also lead Bitcoin into a much stable economy. In which the bitcoin users can decide whether they will be supporting it or not and should accept the outcome.
First, legalizing bitcoin will not even in anyway change it from being decentralized. Also, bitcoin itself is not completely anonymous and we can refer to it as pseudo anonymous instead.

So, there is nothing legalizing bitcoin is really going to change except for the fact that if you are making use of an exchange in conversion to fiat, then the tax law is applicable to you and until bitcoin can be used without having to convert to fiat, we just have to accept that and even without legalization, some countries are already doing that anyway.
Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:50:06 PM

Bitcoin is already very legal so I'm not so sure what you mean entirely by this comments.
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:50:11 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin can’t be legal to all county, but bitcoin can be legalized in some country. Bitcoin is ban to some countries because of some reason; they don’t like the bitcoin capability and the way you can use it anonymously. The government can’t control, bitcoin and the user are complicated to find. But some country legalized bitcoin, because of the economic growth it can make.
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:13:33 PM

Anyhow however.. it's not easy to do, if we're just the ordinary people who are still dependent on government regulations.
I myself haven't been able to thinking that far to makes such an effort, still unreachable to my mind personally. And I think it seems like if it really intends to doing that, it would be really takes a very hard effort.
Legalization should really not be a problem. I see a lot of people talking about tax, but even without the government solely declaring that they are legalizing bitcoin, a lot of countries are still seeing it as a commodity and it is being taxed. I am sure it will eventually mean a lot for bitcoin as that would show the government really accepting that there is nothing they can do to stop bitcoin than accepting and just benefiting from it.
the legalization of bitcoin will give it even more strength and he will indeed become the strongest international currency
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:52:35 AM

Legalization is a very long process, we ard talking here about the whole world and not with a single nation. It is very hard but let us just take it in the positive way. May the legalization make BTC becomes useful and popular.
Many Asian countries have legalized it but again some of its big supporters like china and Russia have made some move against it in the past while they were big supporter of it once so it is difficult to say who is going to legalize bitcoin and who is not. Also, nobody knows for how long will a country support this currency but many businesses are accepting it and it has been praised by all great tech tycoons. The love of people for bitcoin is increasing and that is all what matters
Honestly, the adoption in Asian countries is really surprising. It sounds more like they are seeing much of the benefits they stand to gain from it than the rest of the world. It is pleasing though and I really hope some other part of the world would start taking steps towards it than trying to attack it. China may soon have a comeback and I really see that getting huge.

They have not stopped its usage yet and can be used as long as it is P2P, and hopefully if the regulations of the exchanges get concluded, it would be a good thing for the people, the country and bitcoin community. But one thing for sure is that bitcoin's growth is not dependent on their decisions as it would still grow anyway.
This is the truth to be said, we are ordinary people living on legislation (in many countries such a document is already completely out of date). This same rules and dictates how we should live what we must do with our money and what we should believe in, I believe that in the current model btc is a few years of being legalized, we have to climb many stairs still to show how profitable and if we do trade based on cryptos, but truth be told many countries are already entering this new where and implementing versions of their fiats to cryptocurrency.
Drixy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

reading.......

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:59:18 AM

Fantasies like that will never be true how would you accomplish something like that if you dont have the internet connection. First off all you need to have something like a tower to avail some internet. Then why would you want an island if you have your own security and strategy that keeps away suspicious acts from yourself
ntodntodan69

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:13:05 AM

maybe it's too much, if we have to make a separate group on an island that legalizes bitcoin
we wait for the regulation of our respective government
NikitaSkublov0202

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:26:18 AM

I think they will legalize it and regulate it in many countries. Already, some governments understand that this is a benefit for themselves. For example, in France they are already starting to take this seriously, in Russia too
jbombfb

Activity: 56

ExtraCredit - BitcoinHomework

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 05:27:11 AM

Bitcoin is legal in the most of the world, there are only a few countrys who banned bitcoin and another wich leaded to high interested on BTC deals. eg taxes and etc.

✮  ExtraCredit ✮  The Worlds 1st Educational Cryptoccurency in partnership with (https://www.bitcoinhomeworkico.com/)
──────── The Leading Cryptocurrency Learning Platform ✮ Bitcoin Homework ✮    (https://bitcoinhomework.com/)
Invest during our PRE-SALE and receive a 20% BONUS of EXTRA CREDIT ❨ starts on January 1st ❩ (https://www.bitcoinhomeworkico.com/)
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:37:29 PM

I don't think that will help as easy as we are depicting it here. I mean just imagine about the whole procedure for acquiring those islands. You will first need the government evaluation of the property and put some extra efforts in acquiring it first. How would you tendor that much money in first place and also why anyone would want to contribute to that piece if you don't have the legal possession in first place. What I mean is, you will have to purchase it from the government first and then you can do the further business the way you want it. But you will be taxed double, once for buying and second for selling. Lolz. That would be costly affair and dint know how everyone will react upon it.
It’s true that bitcoin is already legal in some countries if it can work in some countries its transition are also easy in use so if transition are going to take place and its also easy in use so its mean its already legal because now a days it’s a very strong intelligence of the countries and how it’s possible that it can work so easily.
It is not possible to forbid Bitcoin in the current phase, as this would lead to the separation of the government or the economy from the Bitcoin world market . Therefore, in the long run, governments and states are likely to regulate their Bitcoin markets.
It will be a very good step to be taken because if bitcoin become legal in all over the world so I think bitcoin will be able to end world poverty everyone knows that bitcoin is decentralized and in this situation countries are accepting bitcoin because bitcoin is the only currency which is not only accepting by countries but also countries are going to making it legal so it's mean bitcoin have an importance in world and I hope every single country will make bitcoin legal.
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:24:33 PM

talking about the legality of bitcoin, this is very interesting. because not all countries can legalize bitcoin. there are some who block bitcoin access in the country for reasons of state security and even fear of inflation in its currency due to bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: