Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:59:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Fantasy Football League 2017  (Read 8963 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:43:10 AM

@Hueristic Since people will have to pay the leagues wallet as a type of "buy in" to play it doesn't necessarily matter if a person has bad rep here or not. If you look at the link in the OP and read  the old Monero Madness thread, I had it where people would have to pay and post the tx hash. Then we had the wallet public address and private view key available to verify funds have been sent to that wallet. That way no trust is needed, and private invite to join the group can be sent after the funds arrived. I'll have to edit that part in the OP, but I'll do it tomorrow since I'm on mobile right now.

As far as trading goes, I'm pretty certain there is a system like that in place, but this is my first time using ESPN. I've used Yahoo Fantasy Sports in the past too and there was some sort of system like that in place I think by default. I would assume there is something like that in ESPN too, but will have to look more into the rules there. I'm sure I can edit the rules to go by something like that, or we could just use Yahoo instead of ESPN. Whatever is fine with me.

I will look more into it tomorrow and get back to you on that.

I've never used ESPN, in yahoo it's the commish's decision on trades unless it's changed.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:07:15 AM

I'd like to join in for 1 XMR (or less.)

My limited experience is through Yahoo Fantasy Sports. It works well and pretty intuitive. Whether manual or auto-draft I doubt really matters, the secret is to pay attention who is hurt or has a by-week before you make your line-up for that week.
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 02:31:43 PM

My limited experience is through Yahoo Fantasy Sports. It works well and pretty intuitive. Whether manual or auto-draft I doubt really matters, the secret is to pay attention who is hurt or has a by-week before you make your line-up for that week.

Ok, I'll put you in.  It looks like there is a majority of people who are more familiar with Yahoo Sports, which is honestly kind of surprising (thought most people would be more familiar with ESPN).  I'm OK with using Yahoo and will delete the ESPN league if that's ok with everyone else?

Also, @ Hueristic, I looked more into the settings for trades and such, and if you are interested in what is the default settings, here it is.  It allows me to change the settings as well, but like I said above, if more people are comfortable with Yahoo then let's just stick with that.

I'll go ahead and make a Yahoo league and keep the ESPN one too just in case.  If anyone has objections to Yahoo, let me know.  Also, Jwinterm just made the leagues wallet and I will post the addy and private view key in the OP so people can send their 1 xmr and will give instructions on how to verify your funds have arrived.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:24:22 AM

Ok, I'll put you in.  It looks like there is a majority of people who are more familiar with Yahoo Sports, which is honestly kind of surprising (thought most people would be more familiar with ESPN).  I'm OK with using Yahoo and will delete the ESPN league if that's ok with everyone else?

Also, @ Hueristic, I looked more into the settings for trades and such, and if you are interested in what is the default settings, here it is.  It allows me to change the settings as well, but like I said above, if more people are comfortable with Yahoo then let's just stick with that.

I'll go ahead and make a Yahoo league and keep the ESPN one too just in case.  If anyone has objections to Yahoo, let me know.  Also, Jwinterm just made the leagues wallet and I will post the addy and private view key in the OP so people can send their 1 xmr and will give instructions on how to verify your funds have arrived.

I'm fine with yahoo or any site really but if I had to vote i'd go yahoo, My XMR is currently Margined so can you accept Paypal?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 01:59:58 PM

I'm fine with yahoo or any site really but if I had to vote i'd go yahoo, My XMR is currently Margined so can you accept Paypal?

Ok, and I would really really prefer not too.  I personally never use PayPal just because I think they are horrible; but maybe you would be able to get someone else who uses PayPal that can send in 1 xmr for you after you pay an agreed price using PayPal.  Also the reason I want only XMR buy ins is because if the price changes in 5 or so months (which it probably will) 1 xmr always equals 1 xmr... so I don't want anyone to get agitated if someone paid too much or too little during this buy in time.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:33:33 PM

I would be willing to trade PayPal for 1 XMR for hueristic or anyone else with very good reputation.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:49:27 AM

Ok, and I would really really prefer not too.  I personally never use PayPal just because I think they are horrible; but maybe you would be able to get someone else who uses PayPal that can send in 1 xmr for you after you pay an agreed price using PayPal.  Also the reason I want only XMR buy ins is because if the price changes in 5 or so months (which it probably will) 1 xmr always equals 1 xmr... so I don't want anyone to get agitated if someone paid too much or too little during this buy in time.

NP

I would be willing to trade PayPal for 1 XMR for hueristic or anyone else with very good reputation.

Thanks man. Smiley

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 02:00:54 AM

Bump for interest.

Still up for debate:

1) Draft date and time
2) Trophy (?)
3) Buy in staying at 1 XMR per person
ikepanderson

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:42:32 AM

I'm interested in playing. I wouldn't want the buy in to be more than 1 XMR, but I'm fine going lower.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:54:51 PM

I think 1 XMR ($30-50) is reasonable. How many people are we shooting for here?
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 08:24:53 PM

I think 1 XMR ($30-50) is reasonable. How many people are we shooting for here?

I'm hoping for a 8 person minimum... 12 being the best scenario.  What gets tricky is that we probably need to have an even number of teams just because that's how fantasy usually works because everyone needs to have a matchup each week.

If shit gets desperate, I'm sure I can find someone IRL who can play that I will buy in for since they wouldn't know anything about cryptocurrencies in general.

... I think we might have another person on Reddit wanting to play (bigreddmachine)... maybe Mike could hook us up with a sponsorship on Monero Monitor and I'll cover his buy in? I've been meaning to donate to his podcast anyways.

Grin
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:06:27 AM

Can't wait! The update to the OP is alot better! Cheesy

You reddit guys drum up some peops! Gawd I hate that site, heard a good name for it the other day. I think it was Redneckbeard, Hah

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:20:41 AM

The golden barolo:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/metal-wine-bottle-shape-trophy_889857676.html

You only need to order 100 of them!
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:17:21 PM

The loophole to that is that you can always request a sample, usually you can buy one and pay shipping. Wink

But then get ready to be on the mail list forever. Cheesy

Anyway trophies are cheap at trophy stores, I bought ten for my pool team and it cost about $100.

This one.

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 03:19:11 AM

lol, who the hell needs 100 of those things?? I've been busy recently, but when I get some time I'll look around and see if there are local trophy shops to see i can get one customer for cheap. If you guys find something else in the meantime let me know.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:53:31 PM

https://youtu.be/kfAwCIcmVf8

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 02:33:51 AM

Just a friendly reminder to everyone who has signed up to play, please send 1 xmr to the pool wallet and notify us here in this thread by giving us your tx hash. If your confused how to send and verify your payment with everyone else, please check my example (and my actual transaction) in the OP. We need to get everyone paid up and squared away before the season starts.

Thanks.

Edit: speaking of which we need to decide on an official draft date/time
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:57:08 AM

Just a friendly reminder to everyone who has signed up to play, please send 1 xmr to the pool wallet and notify us here in this thread by giving us your tx hash. If your confused how to send and verify your payment with everyone else, please check my example (and my actual transaction) in the OP. We need to get everyone paid up and squared away before the season starts.

Thanks.

I would suggest sign up payment deadline first day of pre-season?

Will send after I close my latest margin. Smiley I just can't help playing the market. Cheesy

AFA Draft date time I would say after pre season and a week night when it's not 4am for anyone. We can all pm you our UTC and what time we want and you can suggest a time that will be close to everyone hopefully. Around 2am UTC is my choice.

ALSO: In the op there is a space in the address so anyone trying to follow your directions will get a parse error without removing the space so if you put it there intentionally then add a step to remove the space character.

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:33:53 AM

Thanks.

Will send after I close my latest margin. Smiley I just can't help playing the market. Cheesy

AFA Draft date time I would say after pre season and a week night when it's not 4am for anyone. We can all pm you our UTC and what time we want and you can suggest a time that will be close to everyone hopefully. Around 2am UTC is my choice.

ALSO: In the op there is a space in the address so anyone trying to follow your directions will get a parse error without removing the space so if you put it there intentionally then add a step to remove the space character.

You can fix the space in the address error by putting it in code tags.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:08:21 AM

Thanks.

You can fix the space in the address error by putting it in code tags.

Ohh yeah, I forgot it's a board issue.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: