Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Fantasy Football League 2017  (Read 8965 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:04:43 AM

Alright so I'm assuming everyone is in (on mobile; haven't logged back on ESPN). I can set up the draft date to start this upcoming Sunday in the late afternoon, maybe around 5ish? Days that work for me are limited, so if this weekend works for you guys, let's do it then.

I wasnt able to get anyone else to join, but since four technically works I guess we'll be fine. I might make one last post on Reddit or something, but thinking I might avoid it because I don't want to be the spammy guy. Not to mention 4 xmr is like $200, so it's a reasonably big pot up for grabs.

So let me know if this Sunday at 5 PM (EST) works for you guys... I can even do 6-8 PM, but anything starting past that is getting a bit late for me.

Sunday afternoon should be good for me. I'll still try to get my bro to join...
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:46:53 AM

Alright so I'm assuming everyone is in (on mobile; haven't logged back on ESPN). I can set up the draft date to start this upcoming Sunday in the late afternoon, maybe around 5ish? Days that work for me are limited, so if this weekend works for you guys, let's do it then.

I wasnt able to get anyone else to join, but since four technically works I guess we'll be fine. I might make one last post on Reddit or something, but thinking I might avoid it because I don't want to be the spammy guy. Not to mention 4 xmr is like $200, so it's a reasonably big pot up for grabs.

So let me know if this Sunday at 5 PM (EST) works for you guys... I can even do 6-8 PM, but anything starting past that is getting a bit late for me.

Works for me.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 09:56:33 AM

Ok, as of right now I have it set for Sunday at 5 PM EST.  LennyCarl, if you can't make that just let me know and I'll change it to another time or something like that... I would just prefer to get the draft done ASAP since I have some stuff I'm going to be busy with coming up later in the month.

Here is the draft settings I have set (thought this is the fairer way to do it):

Code:
Draft Settings

Draft Type: Snake
Draft Date: Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM ET
Seconds Per Pick: 90
Draft Order: Randomized One Hour Prior to Draft Time

with 90 seconds per pick and only 4 teams, it should actually go really quick compared to other leagues I've been in.
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:12:54 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 12:53:40 PM by LennyCarl

I'd rather it be later, like at least 6pm. I'm visiting relatives and know I'll be out and about all afternoon and not sure if back in front of computer that soon.

But if we can't make it work maybe I'll have my draft picks all lined up by then and I can let it autodraft from my list (I know you can do that with Yahoo.)

EDIT: You know, even 6pm is probably too early so don't make changes just for me. (Going to check out the SpaceX launch at 12:57pm on Sunday!!!) So, still haven't looked into it but hopefully I can set up an autodraft list...
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 10:27:08 AM

I'd rather it be later, like at least 6pm. I'm visiting relatives and know I'll be out and about all afternoon and not sure if back in front of computer that soon.

But if we can't make it work maybe I'll have my draft picks all lined up by then and I can let it autodraft from my list (I know you can do that with Yahoo.)

EDIT: You know, even 6pm is probably too early so don't make changes just for me. (Going to check out the SpaceX launch at 12:57pm on Sunday!!!) So, still haven't looked into it but hopefully I can set up an autodraft list...

hmmm... we can change it to next Sunday maybe? Would that work better for people?  Only thing is, is that is the last day I can possibly do it my self since I'm going to a wedding and working a couple days later...  So preferrably within the next weekend after this Sunday.
buneskiti

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 03:07:31 PM

Seems like a fun idea, If I have a chance i will try to sign up before the deadline
LennyCarl

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:26:15 PM

hmmm... we can change it to next Sunday maybe? Would that work better for people?  Only thing is, is that is the last day I can possibly do it my self since I'm going to a wedding and working a couple days later...  So preferrably within the next weekend after this Sunday.

Nah, I don't think that's necessary for me. I checked out the autodraft feature and it looks straight forward (and even better than I remember Yahoo's version). With only four of us, so far, I think I'll be satisfied with the players I get.

However, looks like there might be some latecomers, so waiting for the following weekend will allow more time for that to happen. And the more the merrier.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:25:37 PM

I can do either Sunday.

Also, failed to convince anyone else to join :/
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 01:48:23 AM

Seems like a fun idea, If I have a chance i will try to sign up before the deadline

If you have any questions on how to join, just let one of us know.  Just basically follow the instructions I have posted in the OP sometime soon and I will include you in.  Just let me know of your intentions on doing so before weekend, because I have to make sure everyone can be available for draft.

Nah, I don't think that's necessary for me. I checked out the autodraft feature and it looks straight forward (and even better than I remember Yahoo's version). With only four of us, so far, I think I'll be satisfied with the players I get.

However, looks like there might be some latecomers, so waiting for the following weekend will allow more time for that to happen. And the more the merrier.

If you are doing autodraft, would you still like me to extend the time back to 6 or 7 PM so you have a possibility of getting back on time to pick any remaining drafts?  I really don't know how autodraft works, so whatever is good for you is good for me.

I can do either Sunday.

Also, failed to convince anyone else to join :/

Same... no one I know IRL wants private internet tokens.  I think there actually may be some stragglers though that might pull through though (1 person replied to the last FFL post today wanting to join, bigreddmachine still might join, and buneskiti looks like he might join too.)
LennyCarl

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:33:36 AM

Not that necessary to me to wait until 6 or 7pm. I suppose if it was later I can watch the autodraft in case it goes wrong or gets screwed up...But if you got important reasons for getting it over with sooner, then that's fine.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:12:14 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 02:28:05 AM by Hueristic

Ok, as of right now I have it set for Sunday at 5 PM EST.  LennyCarl, if you can't make that just let me know and I'll change it to another time or something like that... I would just prefer to get the draft done ASAP since I have some stuff I'm going to be busy with coming up later in the month.

Here is the draft settings I have set (thought this is the fairer way to do it):

Code:
Draft Settings

Draft Type: Snake
Draft Date: Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM ET
Seconds Per Pick: 90
Draft Order: Randomized One Hour Prior to Draft Time

with 90 seconds per pick and only 4 teams, it should actually go really quick compared to other leagues I've been in.

Woah, Wait a SEC. NOT this Sunday! We still have 3 weeks of pre season. Also I will be busy this sunday until like 10pm EST anyway.

I misread this, I must been tired or something.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1971415.msg20678609#msg20678609

I have a buddy that said he's interested as well. I just sent him a link to this thread, but he's not on BCT yet.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:14:58 AM

OK, so no draft this sunday? I'll try to work on my bro when I see him Sunday. Maybe tell him I'll give him 2 xmr if he uses one to sign up for Monero FF.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:21:49 AM

OK, so no draft this sunday? I'll try to work on my bro when I see him Sunday. Maybe tell him I'll give him 2 xmr if he uses one to sign up for Monero FF.

LOL bribe him. Smiley

My buddy is in. He doesn't do crypto so I'll Either send his XMR to you or have him paypal you. I have another long open right now and don't want to close it in the red as usual. Smiley

So we have 7 now? this is getting good. Cheesy

LennyCarl

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:19:01 AM

Heuristic made a good point with all the preseason left. And it can't hurt as far as getting more involved. I see all my Sundays as being busy this month but oh well, autodraft it is. My minimal experience with the draft is that it moves pretty fast and it just might be better (for me) to autodraft it, anyway... Like I have very little knowledge of the players, teams, etc. these days.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:32:31 AM

Heuristic made a good point with all the preseason left. And it can't hurt as far as getting more involved. I see all my Sundays as being busy this month but oh well, autodraft it is. My minimal experience with the draft is that it moves pretty fast and it just might be better (for me) to autodraft it, anyway... Like I have very little knowledge of the players, teams, etc. these days.

I don't think any of us are up on whats going on this year from the sound of it and now that I'm thinking about it I think my buddy might smoke us all, he's played a few years now.

You should be able to set a que for the autodraft but the disadvantage is if it becomes your turn and there is a great value there that is not on your list you can't take advantage of that. Also like Phishead was saying with a 15 second timer the draft will go real fast so hopefully we can all be available for it.

Maybe we can make a rule that if you autodraft and a team that is not taken drafts a player after you in the same position then you can trade with that team? That sounds fair to me off the top of my head. So as an example lets say you autodraft and your ques gets taken before the draft ends and the auto takes a guy who's on ir or suspended for the season then you can switch that with a player that was in the pool at that time that is on a non player team? Idunno what do you guys think? I hate to see someone at a disadvantage from having to auto.

LennyCarl

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:14:10 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 03:36:30 PM by LennyCarl

I don't think any of us are up on whats going on this year from the sound of it and now that I'm thinking about it I think my buddy might smoke us all, he's played a few years now.

You should be able to set a que for the autodraft but the disadvantage is if it becomes your turn and there is a great value there that is not on your list you can't take advantage of that. Also like Phishead was saying with a 15 second timer the draft will go real fast so hopefully we can all be available for it.

Maybe we can make a rule that if you autodraft and a team that is not taken drafts a player after you in the same position then you can trade with that team? That sounds fair to me off the top of my head. So as an example lets say you autodraft and your ques gets taken before the draft ends and the auto takes a guy who's on ir or suspended for the season then you can switch that with a player that was in the pool at that time that is on a non player team? Idunno what do you guys think? I hate to see someone at a disadvantage from having to auto.

I was talking about creating a customized draft list, one that is hopefully updated just before our draft to exclude any recently injured/suspended players, etc. See here: http://games.espn.com/ffl/tools/editdraftstrategy?leagueId=92631&teamId=4

I played the last couple seasons and my friend who follows NFL pretty damn closely and runs the fantasy league won 2 seasons ago and got dead last this past season. So, it helps maybe a little to have some knowledge going in to the draft, I don't think it is absolutely necessary. With many variables and some luck and attentiveness, just about anyone has a chance to win. There are tons of info available online to form an educated draft list.

EDIT: A big negative with autodraft is you can't change a player based on position in the middle of a draft round. I.e. you have it pick the best available running back but if your top choices are taken, you'd rather have the best wide receiver, than the fourth best running back. I guess in that case you can create a list of best players regardless of position but then you might be left with not enough good running backs or receivers or wasting drafts on too many in a specific position. Um, yeah it can get complicated...
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 08:17:48 PM

Speaking to what everyone has been talking about above, I agree that this Sunday is a little early for the draft; however the name of the game is picking a date and time where everyone is available to be online for 2 or so hours at once which can be a little difficult since some (probably most) of us are in different time zones.

So how about we do it like this... everybody post up the days where they are most certainly not available for.  I know I definitely won't be able to be online August 24-28.  Any day around that time frame would work, but I would prefer it to be on a weekend just because it's easier for me.

I will push back the draft time to a later date.  I'll attempt to get my brother to join up, but he's already in like 2-3 leagues, so I doubt he will want to... we'll see.  Tongue
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:49:59 PM

Speaking to what everyone has been talking about above, I agree that this Sunday is a little early for the draft; however the name of the game is picking a date and time where everyone is available to be online for 2 or so hours at once which can be a little difficult since some (probably most) of us are in different time zones.

So how about we do it like this... everybody post up the days where they are most certainly not available for.  I know I definitely won't be able to be online August 24-28.  Any day around that time frame would work, but I would prefer it to be on a weekend just because it's easier for me.

I will push back the draft time to a later date.  I'll attempt to get my brother to join up, but he's already in like 2-3 leagues, so I doubt he will want to... we'll see.  Tongue

Can we use like a shared Google calendar for this? Sorry for the delay but I've been busy, I just sent my buddy the email to make an account and post in this thread.

Shit my maintenance level is down to 68% Dammit! Longing XMR can be a stress fest. Smiley

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:22:48 PM

Stuff like this is the reason we should not draft until after pre-season besides injuries and potential rookies the league is handing out suspensions during this time.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20302469/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-suspended-six-games

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 01:54:40 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 02:13:50 AM by phishead

http://imgur.com/a/mSD5k

Doing my due dillegence and recruiting in person for the pre season... see you bitches at draft.  Cool

Edit: I think I got my buddy and my gf on board for the season. Anyone else get anyone? If not were at 6 which is pretty good.

Edit #2: when we draftin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: