Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Fantasy Football League 2017  (Read 8965 times)
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 03:25:34 PM

Hi All.  I've paid the entry fee. Tx hash is: a0a76f96ba2fbc440e6ddbcdf74aded804a716307a5cdf496960a7ee78cb2aa8

phishead, I will PM you my email address.  Hopefully there's an even number of teams participating.

Apologies if my brand new account appears odd.  My main account is tied to my public identity, so I created a new one for this purpose.

No problem, and good luck! Once I get home from work I will send you the link in a PM.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4927

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:06:19 PM

So how about we go with Sunday (Sept. 3rd) at 3 PM EST?... I will set that as draft time as for right now, and if there are issues for anyone, please let me know ASAP (preferably within the next two days).

Shit! thats the one time I can't make. this sun and mon I will be tied up until about 8pm est (your basing all times off of EST right?). I can do that time next week or during the week from tues on.

Hi All.  I've paid the entry fee. Tx hash is: a0a76f96ba2fbc440e6ddbcdf74aded804a716307a5cdf496960a7ee78cb2aa8

phishead, I will PM you my email address.  Hopefully there's an even number of teams participating.

Apologies if my brand new account appears odd.  My main account is tied to my public identity, so I created a new one for this purpose.

I kind of figured that, I would like to know your main account if you don't mind PMing me. It would be nice to know when playing against you. Smiley
Actually I will PM you a email you can use if you like.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:04:53 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 02:56:50 AM by phishead

So how about we go with Sunday (Sept. 3rd) at 3 PM EST?... I will set that as draft time as for right now, and if there are issues for anyone, please let me know ASAP (preferably within the next two days).

Shit! thats the one time I can't make. this sun and mon I will be tied up until about 8pm est (your basing all times off of EST right?). I can do that time next week or during the week from tues on.

So the only problem with that will be that the first NFL game starts Thursday, September 7th... sooo... I'm assuming you want to do Tuesday?  Any one have a problem with Tuesday at like 5 or 6 PM EST?

Edit: How are you guys pre setting an autodraft?  I want to set mine up some kind of way to pick how I want in case I get called back into work.

Edit #2: I have set up the draft right now at September 5th (Tuesday), @ 6 PM.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:02:37 PM

So the only problem with that will be that the first NFL game starts Thursday, September 7th... sooo... I'm assuming you want to do Tuesday?  Any one have a problem with Tuesday at like 5 or 6 PM EST?

Edit: How are you guys pre setting an autodraft?  I want to set mine up some kind of way to pick how I want in case I get called back into work.

Edit #2: I have set up the draft right now at September 5th (Tuesday), @ 6 PM.

That time looks good to me, I tried to setup the autodraft and it's not that hard to shuffle guys that are on the screen but it took about 3 minutes for me to move one guy from 400th to 100th so trying to add possible rookies is just not worth the effort. The interface blows, but we are stuck with it this year.

Maybe somone knows how to change draft positions faster than dragging and dropping? If you hit the down arrow the guy goes to the bottom of the list, I tried to move a guy down and he went from a top 10 pick to 1500th! I see an upload option but have no clue how to use that.

Ohh I did a test draft and the shockwave wouldn't work but they have a choice of using a livedraft page which looks like it's html coded and that worked but the timer was horrible. 30 seconds is too short when your in the middle rounds and trying to scroll down to find a guy, there is just not enough time.

Do a mock draft and check it out.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:39:37 PM

Tuesday at 6pm EST works for me, too. yay!

I did a draft last night for a Yahoo league with some friends. I suggest everyone follow along in case you want to override the auto-selection (I mistakenly ended up with too many good running backs and not enough good receivers.) I think ESPN's version is going to be better but I still expect to be present (luckily.)

If anything, having a pre-draft list ready and loaded, will make the draft go faster.

And I'll also go through the motions with a mock draft. Current monero prices make this a slightly more serious affair!  LOL
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:02:32 PM

I definitely can't make it Tuesday at 6pm, but I'll just setup autodraft.
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 07:17:38 PM

I definitely can't make it Tuesday at 6pm, but I'll just setup autodraft.

Hmmm... So Tuesday could work for practically everyone, but how about Wednesday at 8 PM EST?  I talked to Jwinterm on IRC and he said Wednesday would be better for him... and I would prefer everyone be able to make the draft, but if someone else can't be able to make on Wednesday, we'll just stick to Tuesday since Jwinterm doesn't mind autodrafting.
lt8877

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:18:26 PM

Neither time on Tues / Wed is great for me but I can make either work.  Tuesday at 8PM EDT or Wednesday at 8:30PM EDT would be better.

Is the number of teams final? Seems like there are 7 listed in the league and 5 that have paid?  I believe if we end up with an odd number then at least one team will have a bye each week, and some teams will have more bye weeks than others.  Not ideal from a competitive standpoint.

There are some other possible workarounds to this (ex: points-only scoring, each team plays every other team each week) but I don't believe ESPN supports those options.
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 10:14:29 PM

Neither time on Tues / Wed is great for me but I can make either work.  Tuesday at 8PM EDT or Wednesday at 8:30PM EDT would be better.

Is the number of teams final? Seems like there are 7 listed in the league and 5 that have paid?  I believe if we end up with an odd number then at least one team will have a bye each week, and some teams will have more bye weeks than others.  Not ideal from a competitive standpoint.

There are some other possible workarounds to this (ex: points-only scoring, each team plays every other team each week) but I don't believe ESPN supports those options.

No, the number of teams aren't final... So I've been waiting to see if someone else was going to show up and want to play last minute, but if no one else does, I am considering having my GF play and I'll pay her entry fee (haven't brought it up to her yet, but I think she wants to play a league).  I agree that 5 teams is really awkward for fantasy football and was hoping it wouldn't come down to this, but idk what else to do.

Tuesday at 8PM Eastern will work, I think the only person this doesn't work out for is Jwinterm and he's already told me that he would be fine with autodrafting.

If anyone else can find someone last minute please let me know.
lt8877

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:39:58 PM

I PMd someone else I thought might be interested in joining.  I'll try a couple of other people if he's not interested.
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 07:02:50 PM

I PMd someone else I thought might be interested in joining.  I'll try a couple of other people if he's not interested.

Sounds great, thanks.

And I'm sorry I keep changing the times on everyone, but I think I'm going to finally set the draft for tomorrow at 8 PM EST (Tuesday)... This works in particular with my work schedule and seems as if this could work for everyone else except Jwin (who doesn't seem to care about autodrafting).

Can I please get everyone who is signed up to give me a thumbs up or a thumbs down to this time?

Thanks again everyone

Edit: if anyone wants to chat on freenode during the draft or anything related to the league, I'm on #monero-ffl
lt8877

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:05:11 PM

Can I please get everyone who is signed up to give me a thumbs up or a thumbs down to this time?

Thumbs up.  I'll hop on freenode later today.

My attempts to recruit another player didn't pan out. Only other thought is to maybe post something on r/Monero to see if someone jumps at it today.  Otherwise, I'm OK with having your girlfriend play, as long as everyone else is.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:13:43 PM

Your ESPN Fantasy Football Draft is scheduled for September 5 at 8:00 PM ET but your league is not full yet.
Monero FFL 2017
Be aware that if the league is not full at least one hour before the scheduled draft time, your draft will not be held and you will have to reschedule for another time.

Huh
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 08:18:21 PM

Your ESPN Fantasy Football Draft is scheduled for September 5 at 8:00 PM ET but your league is not full yet.
Monero FFL 2017
Be aware that if the league is not full at least one hour before the scheduled draft time, your draft will not be held and you will have to reschedule for another time.

Huh

Hmm... I might have to delete the extra spots in the league so it's full..Huh

If so that's dumb. ESPN is slowly getting on my shit list.
LennyCarl

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:47:37 PM

Thumbs up for today at 8pm EST. Hope it works out.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:54:10 PM

I'm good for either of those days and times. Yeah ESPN is a real pita did a mock draft in both yahoo and espn and yahoo wins hands down.

So it's tonight at 8pm EST? I can wait till tomorrow if JW can make it then and everyone else as well.

Did anyone do a last minute post spam about this?

I will be out in the yard and setting an alarm to draft so will not be responsive much. I will check back here in a few minutes to see what the final verdict is.

No time for IRC right now.

GOT this email

Code:
Monero FFL 2017

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:06:23 PM

I'm good for either of those days and times. Yeah ESPN is a real pita did a mock draft in both yahoo and espn and yahoo wins hands down.

So it's tonight at 8pm EST? I can wait till tomorrow if JW can make it then and everyone else as well.

Did anyone do a last minute post spam about this?

I will be out in the yard and setting an alarm to draft so will not be responsive much. I will check back here in a few minutes to see what the final verdict is.

No time for IRC right now.

GOT this email

Code:
Monero FFL 2017

I deleted the extra teams that were "empty", so we should be good to go.
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:29:30 PM

So apparently Xfinity decided to fuck me right before this draft and my wifi doesn't work. So looks like I won't be on IRC, and will be trying to draft on my god damned phone.
LennyCarl

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:33:06 PM

Dude, you want to push it to tomorrow? It's ok with me, anyway.

Besides, it would be great to find one other person to make it an even 6 teams.

But either way...
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:40:24 PM

Dude, you want to push it to tomorrow? It's ok with me, anyway.

Besides, it would be great to find one other person to make it an even 6 teams.

But either way...

Meh, it's ok... way more of a hassle to last second reschedule a draft time tomorrow... plus it's kind of hard to get a bad team with only 5 players drafting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: