Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:01:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Fantasy Football League 2017  (Read 8965 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 4953

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:13:28 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 11:54:55 PM by Hueristic

Dude, you want to push it to tomorrow? It's ok with me, anyway.

Besides, it would be great to find one other person to make it an even 6 teams.

But either way...

Meh, it's ok... way more of a hassle to last second reschedule a draft time tomorrow... plus it's kind of hard to get a bad team with only 5 players drafting.

Hah I thought it was only 4 lol, But I was thinking the same thing! the problem we are gonna have is there are gonna be too many good players on the wire! no worries on our bye weeks lol. Smiley

Edit: I asked about having an odd number of teams with bye weeks in the schedule and the best Idea I saw was to have 2 matches per week. I have no clue how that would get set up though.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:58:39 AM

And it begins!

Up for trade:

Demaryius Thomas, Den WR
Kirk Cousins, Wsh QB
Vikings D/ST D/ST

Post any players your willing to part with I'm ready to deal. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 10:32:35 AM

That draft was... interesting.

Seem like everyone got "good" or "stupid good" teams because of the fact that there were only 5 people. Hopefully this whole bye week thing won't pose a problem down the road. I guess we'll see how it goes and hope for more people next year.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:45:38 PM

That draft was... interesting.

Seem like everyone got "good" or "stupid good" teams because of the fact that there were only 5 people. Hopefully this whole bye week thing won't pose a problem down the road. I guess we'll see how it goes and hope for more people next year.

Yeah, really with this few teams they are all stacked. And I think I may end up doing better streaming some players rather having drafted those positions.

We learned alot from this one already and next year should be a snap.

BTW anyone you willing to trade? I am going to be a waiver wire whore this year! Cheesy

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 07:05:45 PM

So I was thinking earlier today about how could we make this whole "bye week" thing suck a little less ass... and thought of proposing this:

What if the league throws in a random/smaller amount of Monero into a pot each week, and whoever has the most points (excluding your bench, obviously) amongst everyone wins the pot.

I thought something like this would be fun to do, and would allow everyone to "play for something" each week rather than a week that doesn't really mean anything.  This is just something random I thought up of, and if no one else agrees to this, it's absolutely fine and we just won't do it... just thought I would throw the idea out there and get y'alls feed back.  I was thinking something like 0.05-0.1 xmr per week per person?

BTW anyone you willing to trade? I am going to be a waiver wire whore this year! Cheesy

Mehh... none of those players/Defenses sound very appealing to me, tbh.  The only person I might consider is Demaryius Thomas.  What type of player are you after?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:51:54 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 03:29:01 AM by Hueristic

So I was thinking earlier today about how could we make this whole "bye week" thing suck a little less ass... and thought of proposing this:

What if the league throws in a random/smaller amount of Monero into a pot each week, and whoever has the most points (excluding your bench, obviously) amongst everyone wins the pot.

I thought something like this would be fun to do, and would allow everyone to "play for something" each week rather than a week that doesn't really mean anything.  This is just something random I thought up of, and if no one else agrees to this, it's absolutely fine and we just won't do it... just thought I would throw the idea out there and get y'alls feed back.  I was thinking something like 0.05-0.1 xmr per week per person?

Mehh... none of those players/Defenses sound very appealing to me, tbh.  The only person I might consider is Demaryius Thomas.  What type of player are you after?

I like your idea of a "collective bounty" we can place for the high scorer every week although I am not sure what I can put towards it. I am in a very bad short position with all my precious ATM. But I really like that idea. I'll have to wait till the others chime in.

AFA a s trading Demarious, I got him in the 6th round and this is the list of players you got after I drafted him so tell me who you would be willing to bargain with. Remember we can make trades with multiple players so it does not have to be a one wr for one wr. Of course I am assuming that you are not interested in trading players that you drafted before him if so you can add them to the list.

In order of your draft after I drafted Demarious:

DeAndre Hopkins - straight trade I would think is fair
Tom Brady - Maybe a straight trade
Dalvin Cook - we would have to do multiple players for a fair trade
Marshawn Lynch - we would have to do multiple players for a fair trade
Matt Ryan - we would have to do multiple players for a fair trade and I do not think i have room for him this week

I of course would give you a ton for
David Johnson or A.J. Green

BTW:

@CARL: I had TY Hilton selected when the autodraft grabbed Elliot for me just to let you know he was about to get snatched. And had Jorden Reed selected when auto grabbed crabtree for me Cheesy

Julio v/s Antonio choice was really tough one for me but Big Bens miserable road record and I think Falcons should step up after the superbowl disaster are the reasons I grabbed Julio. Smiley
what would have been your choice? You also snapped up Devonta Freeman AND Dez Bryant right before me good moves!

@Tecmo Bowlers I had Aaron Rogers set after TY Hilton when the autodraft grabbed Elliot for me just to let you know he was about to get snatched. Also     Jay Ajayi was gonna be my next pick when you took him off the table! Smiley You also got Dvante before I could get him but I think he and Benjamin are pretty close and am not sure who';s got the higher upside. Adams has a better (FAR) QB but Benjamin doesn't have a lot of competition for the ball so it should be interesting to see which of those does better this season.

@phishead you snagged  Marshawn Lynch right before I could get him so I grabbed Montgomery, nice move!  Smiley

@JW Autodraft grabbed Emmanual Sanders right before I was gonna snag him. Also I couldn't decide between Hunt or Hyde and think I made the wrong choice (looks like with ware getting injured Hunt should really get a ton of snaps now!) Smiley

I took a chance on Bennett as I think rogers is going to keep him fed and he's gonna get a lot TD's so if Jimmy Graham turns into a Dudd instead of a Stud He should slide right in or if Jimmy starts off sharp and Martellus also kicks butt I'll have some good trade equity with him. I had to grab 2 as a chip to play because of falling behind getting a QB. It was tough passing on     Martavis Bryant to grab him so it should be interesting to see how my gamble pays off (or doesn't). I thought I could get Seattle D but again those 3 auto's messed my game plan up pretty well and T Bowlers made a very nice choice grabbing them at that point! So I jumped onto a Kicker a little early but gostowski is just fantastic and Getting one of the top3 kickers can actually really make a difference in a tight contest. I wanted the Chiefs D and thought I could sneak Gostowski in and grab them on the next pick But JW's autodraft was having none of that! Cheesy

Well thats my take on the entire draft! PHEW, I'd love to hear all you peops thoughts on your draft.

lt8877

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:54:06 PM

Well thats my take on the entire draft! PHEW, I'd love to hear all you peops thoughts on your draft.

Great summary. The strategy definitely changes when you have such a small number of teams drafting.  As you mentioned in an earlier post, with this league I think streaming / picking the right players week to week is going to be more important than just playing your draft picks over and over again.

I'm up for it.  We could also split the existing pot, maybe put 10-20% of the total towards this idea, or wait and award it whoever has the most points at the end of the season. The league commish might need to manually keep track of bye week scoring.  Everyone should make sure to set a good lineup, even on bye weeks!

Edit: I asked about having an odd number of teams with bye weeks in the schedule and the best Idea I saw was to have 2 matches per week. I have no clue how that would get set up though.

That's one possibility, although I don't believe the ESPN website supports it.  There are some "custom" fantasy sites that allow that sort of thing, but it would mean we'd have to set up a new league, import the draft results...lots of work, and probably not enough time to do it properly.

Another option I've heard of to deal with an odd number of teams is to create a "scrub" team and fill it with third-stringers that no one will ever want to own.  Then each week the commish calculates the average score per position league-wide and manually adjusts the weekly score for the scrub team to be "average".  This means that whoever plays the "scrub" team has to at least have an "average" week to get a win.  (Of course, the scrub team isn't eligible for the playoffs.) Again lots of work, for the commish, but possibly more competitive.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:19:46 PM

The more I think about it the more I think it doesn't matter about the Odd teams as the Playoffs will be 4 teams so only one team will not make the playoffs! When there was 7 teams and there was only one team with multiple byes that would have been a problem. I'm guessing the larger the league the more troublesome this would be. Definitely something for us to keep in mind for next year. BTW when we had 7 teams I was the only one in that position and just figured I'd bite the bullet.

I do not endorse splitting the current kitty for anything, I don't draft or stack my team for anything but to beat my weekly opponent and many times I may just win but not get the most points I could have but I err on the safer side to win that week. It is a completely different strategy to get most points of all teams (you have to take more risk with your lineup).

@lt8877, your Techmo Bowlers right?

Phishead could you edit the OP and remove wannt0sell and add the team names next to our monikers?

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 04:28:18 PM

I like the idea of adding up the total number of "wins" at the end of the season, however, everyone has to be in agreement with how we fund the "winner" for both the actual league and the weekly total... how you guys want to do that is up to everyone.

And yes I can update the OP once I get home from work... a little tough on mobile, plus I'm at the end of my lunch break lol.
lt8877

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:44:52 PM

Yup, that's me!

I do not endorse splitting the current kitty for anything...
I like the idea of adding up the total number of "wins" at the end of the season, however, everyone has to be in agreement with how we fund the "winner" for both the actual league and the weekly total...

Maybe we just have a non-mandatory side bet for anyone who wants to play for total points scored?  That way the current pot remains untouched and if anyone wants to opt-out of the points competition they can.  I'd be in for any amount up to 1 XMR.
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 11:35:31 PM

Yup, that's me!

I do not endorse splitting the current kitty for anything...
I like the idea of adding up the total number of "wins" at the end of the season, however, everyone has to be in agreement with how we fund the "winner" for both the actual league and the weekly total...

Maybe we just have a non-mandatory side bet for anyone who wants to play for total points scored?  That way the current pot remains untouched and if anyone wants to opt-out of the points competition they can.  I'd be in for any amount up to 1 XMR.

I'm down for that... who else is up for a side bet of 1 XMR? Or maybe 0.5 XMR buy in? We'll give it until Sunday for people to decide if they want to play.

Also... who ready for the GOAT show?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:59:13 PM

Countdown to Brady getting his knee took out by a chef in 5, 4, 3, 2,...
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 12:41:14 AM

nawwwww... but I'd be damned if they can't cook a good omlette tho'.

Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:50:05 AM

How long is one round going?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:50:35 AM

God awful! That D was horrible I can't believe I played them! DOH Smiley

I think thats the most points the chiefs have ever made in a game!

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:05:52 PM

How long is one round going?

This is a season long thing, so I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:55:16 AM

@CARL: I had TY Hilton selected when the autodraft grabbed Elliot for me just to let you know he was about to get snatched. And had Jorden Reed selected when auto grabbed crabtree for me Cheesy

Well, you should be laughing now. It appears Elliot will not be suspended any part of the season! It bugged me that he was for a long time at the top of the best-players-remaining draft list when it was assumed he'd be suspended for at least some of the season.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:10:36 PM

Well, you should be laughing now. It appears Elliot will not be suspended any part of the season! It bugged me that he was for a long time at the top of the best-players-remaining draft list when it was assumed he'd be suspended for at least some of the season.

Really? I thought it was just week one. It's funny how our picks were the same on many rounds. Smiley

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 06:03:18 PM

So how can I get a general consensus of who wants to do the weekly total point match ups, and of those people, for how much Monero?

I'm thinking of playing and proposing to bet anything from 0.25-1 XMR.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:19:12 PM

So how can I get a general consensus of who wants to do the weekly total point match ups, and of those people, for how much Monero?

I'm thinking of playing and proposing to bet anything from 0.25-1 XMR.

Well everyone has not chimed in yet and since this week has already started you should shoot for having all the wrinkles worked out by next week. I hold so few BTW if I chipped in 1 every week I would have none left! Alphabay murdered me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: