Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:51:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core 0.14.2 Released  (Read 37987 times)
Wrynose

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:45:19 PM

I am downloading Bitcoin core0.14.2 on desktop: quadcore, 30Mb/s Broadband but find it slow and getting slower. It has been running ~24 hours. 1st thing this am was quoting ~3 days to complete, now wants 7 days+.

I am running my laptop through same router-would this have an effect?

Also can I close the Bitcoin Core program and start again later where it left off or would it need to start again from Block0 ?

Any advice gratefully received.
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 12:50:53 PM

I am downloading Bitcoin core0.14.2 on desktop: quadcore, 30Mb/s Broadband but find it slow and getting slower. It has been running ~24 hours. 1st thing this am was quoting ~3 days to complete, now wants 7 days+.

I am running my laptop through same router-would this have an effect?

Also can I close the Bitcoin Core program and start again later where it left off or would it need to start again from Block0 ?

Any advice gratefully received.

You can close Bitcoin Core, it will resume from current position when you open again.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:28:37 PM

24h/24 stay ON ... until it has finished.
simple, no shortcut.

addy4u

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:25:30 PM

Guys, need I update my current Bitcoin Core version 0.13.1 to 0.14.2 or need to wait further updates? 
You don't need to upgrade, but upgrading is recommended as there are many bug fixes, features, and optimizations made between each major release.

Thanks i will wait for major update caz its taking hell lot of time to update , 7 days for update dam
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:47:21 PM

Meuh6879, gee that's a cxe pic, great rack on those cores lol...

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:54:57 PM

it's only a E7500 machine ( http://ark.intel.com/products/36503/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E7500-3M-Cache-2_93-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB ).
wasif11

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:25:05 PM

Blockchain is up to date.  Any changes in new Blockchain? 
Someone said me transaction speed has been improved. 
Is it true?
robertbruce

Activity: 61

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:17:55 AM

what will be the main use of bitcoin core ?

I am trying to figure out if it will only be used as a trade money or if there is other functionality attached to it ?

there is still lots of interesting things happening in the crypto world and it is kinda very hard to follow everything ! Smiley

thanks for sharing !

DL

i think you mean blockchain.... it;s been used, or forms if it, have been in use for years. Ultimately we will be able to use the blockchain for anything and everything, keep reading, you'll get there...

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:12:26 PM

what will be the main use of bitcoin core ?

ALL SERVICE around the Bitcoin Network and bitcoin "money" ... must connect to node of Bitcoin Network.

Bitcoin Network is Bitcoin Core.

others crypto. don't have this ... they have exchange and trading but NOT the network to spend without exchange at high volume (transactions per day).
KorJax

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:50:22 AM

Thanks i will wait for major update caz its taking hell lot of time to update , 7 days for update dam
BTW, if I have already installed and synced core 0.13.2 what steps I need to do for update core to 0.14.2?
Just run core.exe and start the wizard or I need uninstall 0.13.2 before? As I undestand the previous db remains the same and don't need to sync it again from the scratch, right?
Apolo.-

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:14:47 PM

where is wallet.dat located in this version?

if i want to load a wallet.dat that i already have, how do i do it?
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:46:05 AM

Actually I don't know about Bitcoin Core 0.14.2 when I clicked on the link I get the details of the installation which shows 145GB required space I didn't understand is it need that much space? to installed please explain as a new be is it required for me to installed if yes what are the benefit by installing this version. please advise.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6726

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 06:14:46 AM

Actually I don't know about Bitcoin Core 0.14.2 when I clicked on the link I get the details of the installation which shows 145GB required space I didn't understand is it need that much space? to installed please explain as a new be is it required for me to installed if yes what are the benefit by installing this version. please advise.
Yes, you need that much space for the full blockchain. Bitcoin Core is a full node; it downloads and stores the entire blockchain so that it can fully verify every single block and transaction on the network. This provides you the best security and privacy for a desktop wallet (besides privacy in transactions themselves).

You can run Bitcoin Core in pruned mode so it will not take up so much space on your hard drive. However this still requires you to download the blockchain (but not store it) and sync in order to use Bitcoin Core.

Moddak2

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:18:02 PM

Synchronization of my wallet in bitcoin core 0.14.2 dont go slowly,it was fast with different in last versions.
I_am_bart_

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:52:36 PM

got a node running now with new version on rpi3, go btc
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:24:50 AM

I installed but failed as above

http://www.upsieutoc.com/image/NsOTlM
Please check and help me! i used Win10 64
Thanks
machinayz

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 10:16:44 AM

Alright so this seems to be working alright. Any news on debugging?

Wanchain connects and exchanges value between different blockchain ledgers in a distributed manner. Visit https://wanchain.org/
Devilcheg

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:57:44 AM

Hi what is bitcoin core? And how to use it? Tnx

Are you seriously?
This is a program for your pc, which serves your bitcoin wallet. Your wallet with your bitcoins is stored on your computer.
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:05:50 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 02:35:21 AM by Icon

well not sure what happened the past 12 hours (after segwit went active) but my bitcoin core 14.1 is getting that same message we got earlier when people were using BIP 91 to signal for segwit support.. did something go wrong?  "Warning: unknown block versions being mined! It's possible unknown rules are in effect"

Icon

** update **

i closed and reloaded the qt and now atm the message is gone... hummmm

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 10:08:01 AM

well not sure what happened the past 12 hours (after segwit went active) but my bitcoin core 14.1 is getting that same message we got earlier when people were using BIP 91 to signal for segwit support.. did something go wrong?  "Warning: unknown block versions being mined! It's possible unknown rules are in effect"

Icon

** update **

i closed and reloaded the qt and now atm the message is gone... hummmm

The message will come back when your client sees more blocks. The problem is stupid pool operators using custom block generation and leaving in the segwit activation bit in their block versions. The proper bitcoin client has stopped using that bit now that segwit has activated, and so that bit has no known meaning any more. Thus the bitcoin core client is correctly saying it's not recognising what that bit is for... and the pools that are advertising it don't even know why they're advertising it any more but they haven't gotten off their arses to stop doing it. Then again, these are the same pools that are advertising BU flags still in their coinbase, and BU is another meaningless hostile takeover attempt now relegated to history only.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: