Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:33:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of GPU Mining?  (Read 1854 times)
WadeWilson (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:48:54 AM

Hi,

I know if you can get your hands on some great gpu drivers and start mining today you can mine eth or anything you seem to like and make some return hopefully.

But what I wanted to ask is different. Say you got your hands on 100 radeon rx480 , you set it up, its running and everything seems perfect so far.

What if eth gets too difficult? Which it will, what if eth goes down , which I don't think will happen, there are many stuff.

What my question is this;

What if I get my hands on 100 graphic cards like radeon rx480, however, I decide to not mine eth but mine through a pool that is multi algo and multi coin, just use the best algo at that exact moment to mine the optimum profitable coin. Is there pools like that anymore? Can I do that? Just mine whatever is most profitable at that moment and realize the profits?

If I get 100 radeon rx480 , will I be able to make money with it for a while or is it just 1-2 years at most? I would like to heavily invest in this but I would like to get the initial investment back before I consider reinvesting and getting more or replacing.

tl;dr : Can I use current good graphic cards to mine coins now or future coins or whatever is most profitable and make money for 5 or so years even maybe more?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 10:57:57 AM

No one here can see into the future.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:07:07 AM

You can't get RX 480s/580s now, especially in that quantity. In fact, you shouldn't.
The new Vega graphics cards are coming out in August and they're going to be a much better choice for mining.
If you had bought RX 580s 3 months ago you'd have made back your money for sure, even right now the estimated ROI is 50-60 days.

However if you had bough Ethereum 3 months ago instead of buying equipment for it, you'd have made much more money. So think hard if you want to be mining instead of trading long-term (holding).
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 12:12:10 PM

You can't get RX 480s/580s now, especially in that quantity. In fact, you shouldn't.
The new Vega graphics cards are coming out in August and they're going to be a much better choice for mining.
If you had bought RX 580s 3 months ago you'd have made back your money for sure, even right now the estimated ROI is 50-60 days.

However if you had bough Ethereum 3 months ago instead of buying equipment for it, you'd have made much more money. So think hard if you want to be mining instead of trading long-term (holding).
I wouldn't be so happy from Vega Cheesy Too high prices too low hashrates probably. My tip is that 2x 580 will cost less and will have higher hasrates. Only magic that could happen is that HBM2 are waaaay better than HBM, I have almost no info about them... It might be good for ZEC.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:15:35 PM

Never wait for new hardware. If you can buy cards now, then do that. Who knows if Vega will be good or have compatible drivers for mining. By the time Vega comes out you will likely have your rig paid off.
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:29:58 PM

I hear that rumors about nvidia mining gpus may be true, my supplier said it is due july mid release 1060 variant 6gb for around 290$... I am not sure about this info..

you might want to search about this with your local suppliers
poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:50:29 PM

tl;dr : Can I use current good graphic cards to mine coins now or future coins or whatever is most profitable and make money for 5 or so years even maybe more?

Depends on your electric cost.  It is very likely that by the end of this year there won't be any coins you can mine that will pay you more than a couple of bucks per card per day.  If you have cheap electric, you can still eke out a profit.  Just don't imagine for a second that the profits you seeing now will continue for much longer.  There's just no way that can happen unless eth et al price keeps rising at the same dramatic rate it has in the last few months.  And if it did keep rising, you would make a lot more just buying and holding the coins themselves.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 01:46:32 PM

I've started topic about NVIDIA and AMD mining GPUs.
AMD: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1966624
NVIDIA: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1959942

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
zibbennova

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:33:55 PM

there's almost no future for polaris series gpu as ethereum will be gradually  based on POS soon, 

after the metropolis update in sept'17 the developer has reduced the reward from 5 to 3 coin perblock, which literally they creating a condition that miner's income will be less 42% before the byzantium update (aug'17)....in 2018 they will deploy the difficulties bomb which will be the doom of ethereum mining....

i've already started to partially selling my gpus while the price is still good, and wait for any further development with the rest of the gpus left...

http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/08/26/ethereum-hardfork-reduce-issuance-september-metropolis-byzantium-upgrade 
sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 12:59:39 AM

I've found that my remaining Polaris cards do pretty well on Neoscrypt -- so I set them to mine that on ZPOOL and convert to XVG.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
foldingextra

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:50:06 AM

I've found that my remaining Polaris cards do pretty well on Neoscrypt -- so I set them to mine that on ZPOOL and convert to XVG.

Do you mean VERGE? Although I read that Verge supports multiple algorithm but I did not see Neoscrypt, are you sure about it?
sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 02:07:59 PM

Do you mean VERGE? Although I read that Verge supports multiple algorithm but I did not see Neoscrypt, are you sure about it?

Yes -- I am not mining VERGE directly. With ZPOOL you can mine anything and get paid in any other coin that they support.

Naturally there are some fees taken out... but I have found I have increased my profit by moving all my hardware to ZPOOL / getting paid VERGE vs. Nicehash and getting paid in BTC.

I have a ton of nVidia cards using NEMOSMINER to profit switch (like Nicehash) on ZPOOL -- but NEMOS doesn't support AMD cards so my remaining AMD cards just mine Neoscrypt all the time.

Here is an example of my ZPOOL stats : https://ibb.co/giB8Vb

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: