Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:32:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrow needed for Crypto Kingdom Game depository  (Read 339 times)
Karl Hungus (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:51:45 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 04:06:18 AM by Karl Hungus

Are you available to act as a (temporary) escrow for deposited funds into the Crypto Kingdom Game, which is a roll-playing virtual world game operating since October 2014? (i.e. Monopoly style game play, set in a medieval world, played with crypto money).

Recently there has been some trouble with the Game creator rpietilia, and as a result the previous Game treasurer has decided to stop his depository service.

I want to open a new depository so players can deposit BTC & XMR into the Game again, so players can buy the in-game currency 'markka' which is used to play the Game, but I do not want to secure the funds myself, and after the recent troubles with rpietilia, I want depositors to have confidence that their funds are safe and will be paid back if/when required.

This could be a temporary arrangement at first, with my new depository receiving deposits only until confidence in the Game is restored, and rpietilia either comes to his sense and pays back his debts, or is banned from the Game.

I am looking for a permanent treasurer for this game depository, and you would be welcome to do that also, but that would probably require you registering as a player so you could process deposits/withdrawals using the in-game messaging system. The first stage will be reopening deposits only,  with a guarantee to depositors that their funds are safe, and if the Game recovers we will open withdrawals, otherwise all deposits will be refunded if the Game ends.

If you are interested please let me know and we can discuss further details.

You can find more details on the Game history and current state in the threads below:

CryptoKingdom Uncensored - new thread
Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - old thread
rpietila's Crypto Kingdom game is a scam, heavily in debt. Do not deposit funds - explains rpietila situation

I have been a player since the beginning in October 2014, and I can say it was a really great platform with lots of potential, and while rpietila's actions have damaged the Game considerably, it's still possible to save, but it does require using a trusted escrow to secure deposits so players can deposit funds into the Game again with confidence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karl Hungus (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:07:01 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 04:06:37 AM by Karl Hungus

Are you available to act as a (temporary) escrow for deposited funds into the Crypto Kingdom Game, which is a roll-playing virtual world game operating since October 2014? (i.e. Monopoly style game play, set in a medieval world, played with crypto money).

Recently there has been some trouble with the Game creator rpietilia, and as a result the previous Game treasurer has decided to stop his depository service.

I want to open a new depository so players can deposit BTC & XMR into the Game again, so players can buy the in-game currency 'markka' which is used to play the Game, but I do not want to secure the funds myself, and after the recent troubles with rpietilia, I want depositors to have confidence that their funds are safe and will be paid back if/when required.

This could be a temporary arrangement at first, with my new depository receiving deposits only until confidence in the Game is restored, and rpietilia either comes to his sense and pays back his debts, or is banned from the Game.

I am looking for a permanent treasurer for this game depository, and you would be welcome to do that also, but that would probably require you registering as a player so you could process deposits/withdrawals using the in-game messaging system. The first stage will be reopening deposits only,  with a guarantee to depositors that their funds are safe, and if the Game recovers we will open withdrawals, otherwise all deposits will be refunded if the Game ends.

If you are interested please let me know and we can discuss further details.

You can find more details on the Game history and current state in the threads below:

CryptoKingdom Uncensored - new thread
Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - old thread
rpietila's Crypto Kingdom game is a scam, heavily in debt. Do not deposit funds - explains rpietila situation

I have been a player since the beginning in October 2014, and I can say it was a really great platform with lots of potential, and while rpietila's actions have damaged the Game considerably, it's still possible to save, but it does require using a trusted escrow to secure deposits so players can deposit funds into the Game again with confidence.

All we really need is an experienced escrow with good trust reputation to setup BTC & XMR cold wallets to receive deposits.

If the Game recovers we will open up withdrawals, and you could then pass the cold wallets over to a full-time depository treasurer (assuming we found one by then) if you wish, or you could take up the roll of depository treasurer yourself if you wanted to be involved on a permanent basis.

If the Game doesn't recover you will refund deposits from the cold wallets, less your fee.

Karl Hungus (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:57:05 AM

It appears nobody is interested in this, time to accept reality.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: