Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:05:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mistertango - Bitcoin friendly European Bank Account + free MasterCard  (Read 30522 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:03:13 AM

Anyone have experience with receiving SWIFT payments to their Mistertango account? Tomorrow will be the fourth business day since payment was sent and still no sign of it being credited to the account.

Was it you who sent the SWIFT transfer? Is the name on the Mistertango account identical to the the SWIFT sender’s name? If it’s someone else who sent the SWIFT, then Mistertango should delay it and check very carefully to make sure it’s a legit SWIFT transmission. So many scammers on this planet opening online bank accounts and scamming people on Craigslist or Ebay by SWIFT payment.

Good to see Mistertango taking their time with this transfer. They should send a tracing message or a TX Interrogative to the sending bank requesting they check with the sending person about the nature of the payment. What it’s for and how that sender is related to the receiver.

Edit... I just sent their support an email recommending strongly that they check SWIFT transfers carefully because it’s a system prone to being misused and abused by fraudsters. This is why we are running out of options on this forum. Fraud. All the banks and card providers are worried about it!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:20:25 AM

What kind of service these guys use to send their crypto card? Ordinary mail?
There's no such thing as crypto card. Mistertango's card is a regular Mastercard card. All the crypto "things" happen on our exchange due to our partnership with Mistertango.

That is nice to hear, I wish you guys fast growth, more volume and better exchange rate.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
digimania

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:20:55 PM

Hi Guys,

I had opened a mistertango Business account in December , and got verified my business client sent me the payment for my invoice  of Euro 12,500  via swift and another SEPA payment of Euro 13,000. The transaction was done on 17th January and 12th January respectively. Its been about 4 weeks and I still have not received the money.

Mistertango has been unable to trace the payment with whatever information my clients have provided to me from their bank.

The SEPA payment was done via Italy post office branch . My clients from Italy says he cant provide anything more on the payment.

The Swift payment detail of Tracer has been raised by the sender's bank , and I am waiting for those details.

Does anyone has any experience of missing SEPA payment tracing. Please advice.

Thanks
warningsigns

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:30:57 PM

Hi Guys,

I had opened a mistertango Business account in December , and got verified my business client sent me the payment for my invoice  of Euro 12,500  via swift and another SEPA payment of Euro 13,000. The transaction was done on 17th January and 12th January respectively. Its been about 4 weeks and I still have not received the money.

Mistertango has been unable to trace the payment with whatever information my clients have provided to me from their bank.

The SEPA payment was done via Italy post office branch . My clients from Italy says he cant provide anything more on the payment.

The Swift payment detail of Tracer has been raised by the sender's bank , and I am waiting for those details.

Thanks

If Mistertango can't trace the payments on their end, then you should probably focus the tracing work on your client's end. You should also explore different angles of this issue and not just look into the non-receipt of the SEPA transfer. For example, you might want to check if your client did indeed send the money and wasn't making you run around in circles. After all, there are clients who tell Mickey Mouse stories too, you know?

If you are absolutely convinced of your client's integrity, then you might want to look into the red tape... Italy's Guardia di Finanza perhaps delaying the transfer while they do checks about it. They are, after all, well above the EU's 10k Euros mandatory reporting requirement.  

digimania

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:48:28 PM

Hi Guys,

I had opened a mistertango Business account in December , and got verified my business client sent me the payment for my invoice  of Euro 12,500  via swift and another SEPA payment of Euro 13,000. The transaction was done on 17th January and 12th January respectively. Its been about 4 weeks and I still have not received the money.

Thanks

If Mistertango can't trace the payments on their end, then you should probably focus the tracing work on your client's end. You should also explore different angles of this issue and not just look into the non-receipt of the SEPA transfer. For example, you might want to check if your client did indeed send the money and wasn't making you run around in circles. After all, there are clients who tell Mickey Mouse stories too, you know?

If you are absolutely convinced of your client's integrity, then you might want to look into the red tape... Italy's Guardia di Finanza perhaps delaying the transfer while they do checks about it. They are, after all, well above the EU's 10k Euros mandatory reporting requirement.  

Thanks for the reply, I have shared the prints of the client transaction details with Mistertango already. Is there a way to connect and get the status from  Italy's Guardia di Finanza.

Thanks Again
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:55:19 PM

Do I understand correct that if i want to have Bitcoin Debit Mastercard I need to download the application on the phone and only then i can make verification?

Yep, that's the only way this works for a Mistertango account. The app has an integrated identity verification system called Jumio. It scans your ID or passport and takes a selfie of you holding that ID. It might ask you to blink your eyes to verify it's a live person and not a picture who is being verified.

It looks like it uses biometric facial recognition. It compares the selfie to the passport picture in real time.

Thank you for answer.

How does the taxation look like?
The card belongs to the Lithuanian bank, so taxes from exchange BTC i have to pay in Lithuania, or there, where my tax residence is?
warningsigns

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:43:33 PM

Thanks for the reply, I have shared the prints of the client transaction details with Mistertango already. Is there a way to connect and get the status from  Italy's Guardia di Finanza.
Thanks Again

Guardia di Finanza is a law enforcement agency. They won't share information about whatever they are investigating. Don't rely on this as the actual cause of this problem. You should first exhaust all tracing efforts. The post office should do an end to end check on their SWIFT or SEPA system. If the post office used a correspondent or intermediary bank, that bank should be contacted to check on the whereabouts of the money. The post office is not a bank which leads me to assume they might have used a commercial bank to execute the SEPA transfer.

These are large amounts so you should stubbornly investigate these SEPA transactions. They can't just disappear.

nagleatorcoin

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:50:24 PM

Getting a little worried hearing about other users experiences. Has anyone successfully received a SWIFT transfer to their MisterTango Account? If so how long does it typically take to credit to your account?

Thanks
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:56:54 AM

9 days since I ordered a card, still not delivered. I wasnt aware there is DHL option at all.

tumis

Activity: 1022
Merit: 69

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:15:14 AM

9 days since I ordered a card, still not delivered. I wasnt aware there is DHL option at all.

Have u got any problem with verification ? It it possible to send simple sepa transfer to buy btc with flat in binpanda etc ??
BTC-exchange.com

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:40:20 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I have shared the prints of the client transaction details with Mistertango already. Is there a way to connect and get the status from  Italy's Guardia di Finanza.

Thanks Again

I know this case and believe me I work hard on it to be solved. But there are good points on tracing the client's end.
digimania

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:20:53 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Thanks Again

I know this case and believe me I work hard on it to be solved. But there are good points on tracing the client's end.

Thanks BTC-Exchange, I have raised the request with my sender to give me more details. I have asked for swift tracer details from his bank. I am waiting for it, but unfortunately the SEPA payment details from Italy post office is the one where I am not able to get anything equivalent to swift tracer. Ill wait for more details from my sender then. Thanks you all for the help.. I will update the forum as and when I have more details.. Thanks again
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:55:49 PM

Have u got any problem with verification ? It it possible to send simple sepa transfer to buy btc with flat in binpanda etc ??

No problem with verification at all. I do have problem with terrible English language Mistertango support people use. It really look very unprofessional, please fix this if you want to grow.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:21:45 PM

Today I was reading article on Lithuanian press about customer of Mistertango who lost €500. Shortly, he lost his Mistertango debit card. It's possible to block card using Mistertango app, but for some reason he wasn't able to do that. He tried to contact support about this issue, but he didn't got answer. As written in article, it was contactless card and it don't require to enter PIN code when you spent up to €25 at once. So, person who found that card spent almost all money eventually. Good thing that Mistertango will cover these €500 and it will be returned to customer account. But one question came to my mind - when did Mistertango started to issue contactless cards? I can't find information about it anywhere.
And Mistertango said that have problems to answer support tickets in time due to fast increasing number of users. It can take more than week to get ticket answered.
Here is link of article, you can try to read it using Google Translate:
https://www.15min.lt/m/id/verslas/finansai/vyrui-nepavyks-uzblokuoti-pamestos-bekontaktes-korteles-dingo-500-euru-662-922644

warningsigns

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:35:23 AM

From day 1 of receiving the card up until it was deactivated for being a non-EU resident, my card always required a PIN to be entered for ATM and POS transactions. In situations when the cashier ignored the PIN challenge and pressed the green OK button, the transaction was always declined so I'm not sure how the thief in the above story managed to use the card, let alone steal the money.

Mistertango's MasterCard is a chip and PIN card. It is not a contactless card.

The only thing that comes into my mind is the customer being negligent. He probably had his PIN spied on when he used the card somewhere or he negligently exposed his PIN in another way.

He is lucky that Mistertango refunded the money in good faith. Probably did it to protect or boost their image. Other banks (mine especially) would fight tooth and nail against it. Banks will usually check if the customer was either negligent or if fraud was involved (for example, a friend acted as the "thief").

Andersen2708

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:25:50 PM

Hello,

I live in the EU and have done the verification, ID and picture.
Is it possible to transfer FIAT from Kraken or Coinbase to my MT account? ( Does Kraken or Coinbase accept this?)

Also, can i top-up the debit card fist time only by transfer BTC to the MT account, or should it be top-up the card from my normal banking card/account?

Hopefully someone can answer this.

BTW. If i want to have the Mastercard send with DHL, do i just write email to support?

Thanks
chillfrog

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 03:11:11 PM

Hey,

Any plans on ETH deposit support?
warningsigns

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:41:06 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 03:43:58 AM by warningsigns

BTW. If i want to have the Mastercard send with DHL, do i just write email to support?

When I applied for my card last year I requested them to send me the card by DHL. You need to write to their support and request courier delivery of your card. They will respond with the cost. You must then top up your account with enough money to cover the DHL fee. If you don't, they will not send the card by DHL. They won't loan you the fee.

When you have enough money on your account, they will take the fee and send the card. It's quite fast and you should expect next-day delivery if your address is in the EU.

BTC-exchange.com

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:43:20 AM

Today I was reading article on Lithuanian press about customer of Mistertango who lost €500. Shortly, he lost his Mistertango debit card. It's possible to block card using Mistertango app, but for some reason he wasn't able to do that. He tried to contact support about this issue, but he didn't got answer. As written in article, it was contactless card and it don't require to enter PIN code when you spent up to €25 at once. So, person who found that card spent almost all money eventually. Good thing that Mistertango will cover these €500 and it will be returned to customer account. But one question came to my mind - when did Mistertango started to issue contactless cards? I can't find information about it anywhere.
And Mistertango said that have problems to answer support tickets in time due to fast increasing number of users. It can take more than week to get ticket answered.
Here is link of article, you can try to read it using Google Translate:
https://www.15min.lt/m/id/verslas/finansai/vyrui-nepavyks-uzblokuoti-pamestos-bekontaktes-korteles-dingo-500-euru-662-922644

you can block your card via an app.
BTC-exchange.com

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:45:48 AM

Hey,
Any plans on ETH deposit support?

Well, we (the exchange that is collaborating with Mistertango on crypto-related operations) are planing to implement ETH somewhere on the Q2. So, if they'll decide to support ETH deposit, sadly, they will have to wait for us until then.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: