Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:48:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spamming with Tradehill referral using MtGox compromised db?  (Read 3626 times)
jamehthebunneh (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 12:04:49 AM

Just got this email, twice. Looks like someone is spamming the compromised Mt Gox user emails already, trying to get them to sign up at Tradehill. Stupid thing is, they're using their referral ID to try to make a coin or two off this. Disgusting. Tradehill should freeze/delete this referral account. It makes Tradehill look bad, and BTC exchanges don't need any more bad publicity right now.  Roll Eyes

http://xdev.ca/grabs/grab-b0dw.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 12:12:16 AM

I have gotten four of these in the last 2 hours.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
minerX

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:47:56 AM

I am _SICK_ of the Tradehill spam.  I got that email too.  I feel like they are trying to shove this place down my throat.

If they want me to move over, they should concentrate on adding features and making their site better then Mt. Gox.   Hell, I haven't even been there because of the irritating nature of the spam happy / Tradehill fan boys posting on the forums.

Just stop.
Justsomeforumuser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:16:16 AM

Already posted this here
https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19732

and there is now a third mail with a new spammer promoting his code and website piggybacking on this hack.

**** #$@#%@^% ***

Ho-Hum.
Bind

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:44:18 PM

Tradehill needs to have a no-tolerance spam policy.

Referral programs are completely legitimate and legal.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 08:11:49 PM

I am _SICK_ of the Tradehill spam.  I got that email too.  I feel like they are trying to shove this place down my throat.

If they want me to move over, they should concentrate on adding features and making their site better then Mt. Gox.   Hell, I haven't even been there because of the irritating nature of the spam happy / Tradehill fan boys posting on the forums.

Just stop.

I get tons of real spam everyday, but I don't let it hurt my little feelings, and start bawling like a baby about it.

The amount of peevish butthurt over a few HELPFUL emails around here is unreal.  It's like some of you have never gotten an email from a third party in your entire sheltered onlive lives.

If you truly hate spam that much, why did you GIVE your precious cloistered email address to MtGox, instead of using a one-time throwaway, or trackable email?  It's because you are LAZY, and expect others to do the hard work of IT security for you, isn't it?

What's going to happen when your MtGox email starts getting REAL spam, selling dick pills and prozac?

I half expect to see a rash of suicides then, given how delicate you emo self-cutters' emotional states have been demonstrated to be.

OMG not ONE, but THREE SPAMSESES!  It's The End of the World!!!1! 

*cuts wrists* 
*swallows tylenol, everclear*
*CRIES MOAR*

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
eturnerx

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:55:02 PM

It's just stupid spam. I've added Tradehill to my spam list and now my inbox is beautifully clean.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 10:11:39 PM

It's just stupid spam. I've added Tradehill to my spam list and now my inbox is beautifully clean.

Oh wow, you are going to be a hero to those poor people suffering from TradeHill's unforgivable incursion.

Now Yahoo won't have to put a 'Start Complaint Thread on BTCForum' button next to the 'Flag as Spam' one.

*cancels Project InstaWhine*

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
minerX

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:14:38 AM

Just stop.

I get tons of real spam everyday, but I don't let it hurt my little feelings, and start bawling like a baby about it.

The amount of peevish butthurt over a few HELPFUL emails around here is unreal.  It's like some of you have never gotten an email from a third party in your entire sheltered onlive lives.

If you truly hate spam that much, why did you GIVE your precious cloistered email address to MtGox, instead of using a one-time throwaway, or trackable email?  It's because you are LAZY, and expect others to do the hard work of IT security for you, isn't it?

What's going to happen when your MtGox email starts getting REAL spam, selling dick pills and prozac?

I half expect to see a rash of suicides then, given how delicate you emo self-cutters' emotional states have been demonstrated to be.

OMG not ONE, but THREE SPAMSESES!  It's The End of the World!!!1! 

*cuts wrists* 
*swallows tylenol, everclear*
*CRIES MOAR*

Learn to read.  I mentioned the forum spam as well as the email.   I've been complaining about the forum spam since it started, this email was just another drop in the bucket. 

And by the way, you are an idiot.
Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:43:15 AM

Oh wow, you are going to be a hero to those poor people suffering from TradeHill's unforgivable incursion.

Now Yahoo won't have to put a 'Start Complaint Thread on BTCForum' button next to the 'Flag as Spam' one.

*cancels Project InstaWhine*

Telling people that their complaint is whiny or otherwise miniscule is a terrible, nonconstructive, and invalid response that is typically only resorted to when someone can't come up with real arguments to support their opinion.

If you can't come up with a valid criticism of someone's complaint, then please just don't post, dude. Or at least try to be entertaining, witty or, shit, something other than just being intentionally irritating.

But I'm just giving you what you want because, after all, if you could come up with no other reason to post than to solicit others to acknowledge your existence by insulting them and putting forth purposely fallacious or inflaming comments, you would have posted that or not posted at all. Therefore, anything I say here will probably be disregarded or mocked, which is very freeing because logically, if you can only post incendiary opinions insults, then it doesn't matter what I say as that will be the response. Tick boom sha la la, wingle wangle wonk. I went for a walk today and fell into a swamp. The clocks run up the clocks run down the clocks are rolling down the hill and into london town. Here is an impression of a squirrel: sqee!

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:05:29 AM

Gmail put all the spam about mtgox in my spam folder  Smiley

I'm grumpy!!
Litt

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:47:37 AM

I will never trade at tradehill because of their use of referral policy and every damn member spamming it every possible chance they get. They single-handedly increased the amount the junk threads and spam on the forum more than any one person or business. Not to mention every blog/video/article/etc that has a comment section littered with trash from tradehill. This approach to marketing definitely doesn't appeal to me one bit and I will never use their services. They are only contributing to people posting more useless crap on every possible news outlet reporting on bitcoin and it reflect badly on the entire community as being associated with spammers. Not only that it encourages the act of spamming by the true nature of the marketing approach. It's despicable.
joepie91

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 08:12:16 AM

I will never trade at tradehill because of their use of referral policy and every damn member spamming it every possible chance they get. They single-handedly increased the amount the junk threads and spam on the forum more than any one person or business. Not to mention every blog/video/article/etc that has a comment section littered with trash from tradehill. This approach to marketing definitely doesn't appeal to me one bit and I will never use their services. They are only contributing to people posting more useless crap on every possible news outlet reporting on bitcoin and it reflect badly on the entire community as being associated with spammers. Not only that it encourages the act of spamming by the true nature of the marketing approach. It's despicable.
This.

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:59:41 PM

Guess what? If you used a disposable email, you aren't getting your Mt. Gox account back.
Sucks if you actually had money or bitcoins there.

Not so much if your total wealth is 2 bucks & you spend all day spamming
ref. links and pyramid schemes on forums because you're too cheap to actually do something to earn it, like trading or mining.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Justsomeforumuser

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:09:17 PM

Just wanted to +1 that.

Ho-Hum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: