Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:52:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason for IOTA leveling out  (Read 580 times)
Raspen (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:55:07 AM

I'm pretty new to cryptocurrencies and I have a question regarding IOTAs development on the market.
What factors lead to a price leveling out like this? Is it the small volume that is traded? I'd like to understand the mechanics behind this.
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:57:02 AM

I'm pretty new to cryptocurrencies and I have a question regarding IOTAs development on the market.
What factors lead to a price leveling out like this? Is it the small volume that is traded? I'd like to understand the mechanics behind this.
Avoid IOTA like plague. No more advice.  Wink
GRR

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:06:05 AM

Actually it is simple. It was overhyped beyond belief which makes every smart investor sceptical in the first place. Nice brand, nice design, but technologically not so advanced until today. Undeserved high market cap of 1.7b at start. Now the hype continues to wear off until it reaches bottom. Could be still some weeks until you see an upwards trend and I would not suggest to buy anything before that. The initial investors who accumulated in the last months already sold or are still selling everything they have because they speculated on a nice ROI when IOTA finally hit an exchange. I would strongly advise against buying in larger quantities at this moment. Just be patient and see how it develops or just take your chances with a great risk.
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 2225

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 11:45:43 AM

Avoid IOTA like plague. No more advice.  Wink
Dentists like plaque. It is part of their income. Why don’t you like IOTA?
On Bitcointalk are so many topics about IOTO. Search for it
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:01:06 PM

Actually it is simple. It was overhyped beyond belief which makes every smart investor sceptical in the first place. Nice brand, nice design, but technologically not so advanced until today. Undeserved high market cap of 1.7b at start. Now the hype continues to wear off until it reaches bottom. Could be still some weeks until you see an upwards trend and I would not suggest to buy anything before that. The initial investors who accumulated in the last months already sold or are still selling everything they have because they speculated on a nice ROI when IOTA finally hit an exchange. I would strongly advise against buying in larger quantities at this moment. Just be patient and see how it develops or just take your chances with a great risk.

I agree with you, And most importantly they are yet to fully disclose how their network is secured, POW alone cannot secure it as very little hashing is being done.Their POW is scaling only with the transaction rate, in other blockchains it scales with the block reward but here it does not apply.
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:04:21 PM

As I read here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1596208.msg16046062#msg16046062) ICO price of 1 mIOTA was 40 satoshi?

With current market rate thats 400x right?

Can't imagine it going much higher once a bigger investor decides to dump his coins one by one.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:06:03 PM

That is how ICOs work. People invest tiny amount of money, get tookens and then dont sell them to newcomers that want a piece of crypto. Price then goes up.  ICO is ofcourse not a crypto. PoW coins are. PoW coins are daily mined and there are always enough for newcomers to buy, since miners need to pay their electricity they use to mine.
Raspen (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:31:48 PM

No, you're an idiot

Could you elaborate? What is your explanation?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: