Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:05:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 380 along with 570  (Read 339 times)
talboris2 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:31:29 PM

hi
is it possible to combine r9 380 and rx 570 cards?

also there so many info about overclocking, that i cant find what its right, for 380 and 570

where can i find good info ?
rampage999

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:44:08 PM

If its doable, don't mix them, as the drivers for R9 and RX is a bit different.
Windows might work ok with small issue. Linux might not work .
talboris2 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:41:47 PM

If its doable, don't mix them, as the drivers for R9 and RX is a bit different.
Windows might work ok with small issue. Linux might not work .
how do i know it they r doable ?  r 380 4 gb, and 570 saphir mini
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:25:09 PM

R9 380 and RX 570 should both work on any AMD driver version that supports the RX 570 at all, but the stability isn't going to be as good as not mixing cards that far apart on generations.

Overclocking depends on a lot of factors, and varies a lot even within the same "GPU" as board designers do different things that can affect overclocking ability - best option is to TRY different settings, varying them only a little at a time, on one card at a time.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:26:57 PM

R9 380 is not an RX card.  They SHOULD be able to work in most rigs co-mingled but you're combining two different chip architectures, and drivers may be a problem in that case.  Basically, drivers old enough to be stable on the R9 may not work well with the RX and vice versa.

There's no fundamental reason you couldn't mix the two, but the only way to find out for sure is to try and see what the results are, if you have problems, drivers would be the first place to look for a cause.
talboris2 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:30:35 PM

R9 380 is not an RX card.  They SHOULD be able to work in most rigs co-mingled but you're combining two different chip architectures, and drivers may be a problem in that case.  Basically, drivers old enough to be stable on the R9 may not work well with the RX and vice versa.

There's no fundamental reason you couldn't mix the two, but the only way to find out for sure is to try and see what the results are, if you have problems, drivers would be the first place to look for a cause.

so then following this logic i can combine nvidia same way...

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:38:18 AM

They are both GCN - it's not nearly as much of an issue as trying to mix GCN and TerraScale cards on one machine.
 Officially, ALL of the driver versions that support the RX 5xx series still support *ALL* GCN cards - back to the HD 7750/7850/7870/7870XT/7950/7970/7990 much less the R9 3xx series.
 With that said, however, I'm not convinced AMD actually TESTS their newer driver version on the HD series at all and am iffy that they test them on the R9 2xx series - the R9 3xx series is recent enough they SHOULD still be testing in those though, and most of the 3xx series used identical GPU chips to the R9 2xx series and a lot of the GPUs in the R9 3xx series date back to the HD 7xxx"GCN" series cards.

Nvidia is another story - different manufacturer, different drivers entirely, you CAN mix AMD and NVidia but it's a major stability hit to do so, and on LINUX it's a very picky process to get them to work in the same system at all and has some serious limits on how you can do so.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 08:56:16 AM

No problem! I have R9 380 with RX 470/480, works like a charm.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Dolbycocoin

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:58:24 AM

hi
is it possible to combine r9 380 and rx 570 cards?

also there so many info about overclocking, that i cant find what its right, for 380 and 570

where can i find good info ?

its no problem, but for me its not profitable, R9 380 is good for zcash and 470 for ethereum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: