Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:15:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: August 1 needs to be today...  (Read 3633 times)
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:15:19 AM

It's not good, it seems some people are switching to Litecoin for retail payments, I like BTC a lot but I don't like the way this coin is treated... it's like it's left alone doing nothing about it and meanwhile lots of altcoins are trying to take over... BTC looks like a fat coin barely moving right now folks while whales are taking as much as they can on its back, it needs to be light and have speed... if something doesn't change after August 1 will probably consider other options as well, I've believed too much in one coin and missed others on the road

The reason other coins easily upgrade their protocols is precisely because they have less people using the coin so it's easier. When a coin gets on the level of bitcoin we'll see if it's as easy for them to get things done (and proof of Vitalik doesn't count btw)

Other coins are used by people to increase their bitcoin holdings. Whales pump shitcoins then when average joe gets on board they dump & use their fat profits to buy more bitcoin's.

Let's see if the recent altcoin pumps last long.
People don't go towards altcoins due to transaction problems.Rather,they buy altcoins to just increase their bitcoin holdings since most altcoins are just pumped and dumped.Altcoins have very low volume of user base and hence transactions take place quickly unlike bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:18:54 AM

It's not good, it seems some people are switching to Litecoin for retail payments, I like BTC a lot but I don't like the way this coin is treated... it's like it's left alone doing nothing about it and meanwhile lots of altcoins are trying to take over... BTC looks like a fat coin barely moving right now folks while whales are taking as much as they can on its back, it needs to be light and have speed... if something doesn't change after August 1 will probably consider other options as well, I've believed too much in one coin and missed others on the road

The reason other coins easily upgrade their protocols is precisely because they have less people using the coin so it's easier. When a coin gets on the level of bitcoin we'll see if it's as easy for them to get things done (and proof of Vitalik doesn't count btw)
You are right. I have thought about that too several times. Bitcoin is huge and comparing it with another altcoin is like comparing bugatti with volks. The user Base is extremely high compared to any altcoin which I'm sure all of them have not even gotten close to where Bitcoin is today. We must make this work, it is our community, it is just a challenge that I believe will pass rather than fleeing to an altcoin that won't even last if it probably faces half of what Bitcoin is facing presently.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 05:25:55 PM

Litecoin taking over Bitcoin?Huh?

Etherum maybe but Litecoin???

This LTC price growth is only due to Mr. Lee leaving Coinbase, working full time on LTC and some rumors about Bitstamp adding LTC. Pumps and dumps we ve seen gazillion times in crypto. In terms of size and user base especially, LTC s not even close to BTC and I do not think it ll ever be

You should be actively trading both coins to see the difference

Previously, Litecoin has been closely following Bitcoin almost on hourly basis. If Bitcoin went down, Litecoin went down twice as fast. If Bitcoin rose, Litecoin either rose too or remained at the same level (unless it got dumped heavily). Now things seem to have changed (or are in the process of changing). Now Litecoin goes mostly against Bitcoin. If Bitcoin goes down, Litecoin rises and vice versa. It is yet too early to draw any definite conclusions, but if Bitcoin plummets significantly (say, 200-300 dollars) while Litecoin spikes, that would be pretty much it

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 05:38:32 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 06:03:18 PM by deisik

The most likely outcome is that we will have Segwit activated in July. Then a large part of the miners (about 80%) will signal for a 2MB hardfork which will occur in December, as far as I know. It's up to the Core developers to support that hardfork or not. If 2MB are supported then we will have a pretty smooth upgrade. If not, then this may result in a chain split.

In summary, what we understand will happen for sure if the current trend is continued is that Segwit will be activated next month? I wonder if the improvements after that will change anyone's mind about what happens post Segwit.

The road to Segwit2x is a bit complicated:
- first, miners will signal for "NYA" (New York Agreement). That is happening now. But they are still using their old software (mostly Core or Unlimited)
- second, in July the Segwit2x software will be deployed

This is where you get rather vague

In your other points you are pretty strict and precise, but where it matters most you seem to be not telling us the whole truth. As I got it, SegWit is set to be activated first before September, and then, after half a year (which is the period intended for stress testing the software), 2M Blocks hard fork is activated. So why miners should necessarily deploy the Segwit2x software in July? What you say basically means that they would already be using some untested, bug infested code before August. What did I miss, and what did you not tell us?

Raxitto

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:41:31 AM

Basically the SegWit (short for segregated witnesses) is a proposal presented by the team of Bitcoin Core. It comes in the form of a soft fork, a compatible upgrade that can work, even if some users do not upgrade their software (without forking in the network). It was released in version 0.13.1 of the Bitcoin Core client. In it the transactions would be composed of three main elements. The sender, recipient, and signatures (commonly referred to as witnesses) make up a large part of the size of the transaction. Contrary to popular belief however, SegWit does not separate these data from witnesses into a "witness block".
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:08:45 AM

Yes I think it's good we're not fixated on a single coin, because there will be a possibility something bad could happen if the coins we believe are down drastically, there will be panic for each holder, because now the competition between coins more and more visible, Bitcoin Occupy the top Crypto currency, I also strongly believe in bitcoin, but to prevent something that is not in want, it's good we hold on to one altcoin.
CieraWatson

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:17:32 PM

Hey Guys,

lots of scammer ppol online. Only transact with "paxful" site when buying and selling your bitcoins. Thank u.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:26:56 PM

It is not a bad thing to just focus on one coin, but always a good thing to spread out your portfolio. If you do not have enough confidence right now, you can still consider using other coins before august 1.  Just spread out your investments on other coins for the time being.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
David Horton

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:54:54 PM

You shouldn't focus on one coin, try diversifying coins since the unexpected might happen anytime from now. So, you should always be ready and avoid disappointments
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:06:27 PM

It's not good, it seems some people are switching to Litecoin for retail payments,

People will start pricing in LTCs drop when bitcoin gets segwit. LTC is just a test coin for what we can put on bitcoin, it works well for this.  Also great for moving money quick from exchanges.
Also LTC is great as a backup plan, if something were to happen to bitcoin we have litecoin as a backup for that day so someone wanting to destroy bitcoin not only has to destroy bitcoin but litecoin as well and it needs to do it very fast or the devs could take action to protect LTC from whatever destroys bitcoin.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:12:54 PM

we are all anxiously waiting for this bitcoin day as it will reestablish bitcoin to be in a better position and we are likely to see some movement with the coin unlike what's happening with our fat coin.
Chip-Dale

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:13:47 PM

It's not good, it seems some people are switching to Litecoin for retail payments,

People will start pricing in LTCs drop when bitcoin gets segwit. LTC is just a test coin for what we can put on bitcoin, it works well for this.  Also great for moving money quick from exchanges.
Also LTC is great as a backup plan, if something were to happen to bitcoin we have litecoin as a backup for that day so someone wanting to destroy bitcoin not only has to destroy bitcoin but litecoin as well and it needs to do it very fast or the devs could take action to protect LTC from whatever destroys bitcoin.
I can not understand why August 1 is considered the end? There is no good reason for this, and even to disseminate such information it is necessary to think carefully. Reality We see that Bitcoin is very good Staying afloat and I do not think that this situation will change.

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:00:37 PM

People will start pricing in LTCs drop when bitcoin gets segwit. LTC is just a test coin for what we can put on bitcoin, it works well for this.  Also great for moving money quick from exchanges.
Well, I do not think it's quite the way you put it, we are going to assume a hypothetical case that the  BTC price drops too then LTC will fall the same way because both are connected, besides it is not the same to make changes in a network that has hundreds of thousands of transactions daily that one that has only thousands.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:32:57 AM

I can not understand why August 1 is considered the end? There is no good reason for this, and even to disseminate such information it is necessary to think carefully. Reality We see that Bitcoin is very good Staying afloat and I do not think that this situation will change.
It is not that we think it is the end, but after that day a few months later the miners are planning a hard fork and many things could go wrong if they follow the plan, so it is important to be prepared and know what you will do in case something happened to bitcoin, will you hold? Will you sell? That is something you need to know.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:41:16 AM

Alts have been doing terrible lately so I would count on people getting back into bitcoin come August 2nd when the world didn't end. Who cares about litecoin?
Sarah08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:25:10 AM

Good thing for the litecoins investors i actually have a investment in litecoin and its a great profit when they get it successful but i also have a investment in bitcoin and i still hoping for the success of bitcoin so i will still dont sell my bitcoin in that day and hope it will be double.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:46:29 AM

litecoin taking over bitcoin is indeed a joke, there is no coin that can be used for normal shopping other than bitcoin, this retail thing that use litecoin it's probabl fake or you made it up, where is the proof of that?

litecoin also was abandoned by numerous shop back in the day, because it was pointless to have two coins doing the same thing, and bitcoin do it better

ETH also i can't see how it's suited for purchasing stuff on the web, ETH is more of a platform thana  payment system, i see ETH as a support coin, that can help some project not a contender for bitcoin
mackenzied

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:03:38 AM

Other coins are used by people to increase their bitcoin holdings. Whales pump shitcoins then when average joe gets on board they dump & use their fat profits to buy more bitcoin's.

Let's see if the recent altcoin pumps last long.
People don't go towards altcoins due to transaction problems.Rather,they buy altcoins to just increase their bitcoin holdings since most altcoins are just pumped and dumped.Altcoins have very low volume of user base and hence transactions take place quickly unlike bitcoins.

No, you have yet to say exactly what the problem is, they do not buy altcoins to increase the bitcoin storage capacity, they just view the altcoins as means to make a profit. Compared to bitcoin, altcoins are capable of generating faster profits...

Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:06:20 AM

Taking over above bitcoin is always been a plan of a certain altcoin in the market and how can you say that they are gradually switching on another coin? Price of bitcoin is still stabilizing as of now between these ranges that we observed on 2-3 weeks time. Theres no sign of dump or pump as of now but im quiet excited on the upcoming august 1 event because i do really want on how bitcoin price would react to it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:13:44 AM

Your statement touched me! Bitcoin is fat really and moving really slow but we dont know the right reason yet.  It might be because whales are carrying out important decision about it and we are getting ready for the biggest transformation to occur.  Lets not slip into other coin so quickly as bitcoin has always kept its promises since the birth. It is slow right now that i agree but will shoot like anything after the august first.  So lets wait and watch the big bang. 

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀