Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:48:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: August 1 needs to be today...  (Read 3633 times)
AiWanChu

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:51:39 AM

we're not out of the woods yet.. alot of conflicting interest in the BTC drama scene.. Hold on tight to your coins and hope for the best
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:10:49 AM

I hold couple of Litecoins and I didn't notice the price changed so much during this month, only in last couple days +10$ break was seen. If people moving their founds to Litecoin, must be the number of people is not so high to change the price a lot.
People are waiting for this 1st August with different feelings, someone scared and some impatient. I just hope that SegWit will bring positive changings in transaction speed and fees, hope those problems we have now will be solved.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 08:34:27 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 08:45:40 AM by deisik

Alts have been doing terrible lately so I would count on people getting back into bitcoin come August 2nd when the world didn't end. Who cares about litecoin?

Litecoin has been doing just fine recently

Moreover, it has been going up when Bitcoin has been mostly stagnating, which is a very telling sign if you ask me (provided this tendency gains ground in the coming days and weeks). It is not rocket science that people will pour their money into the coin which is able to offer them consistent profits over longer time frames. And Litecoin has been outpacing Bitcoin in this regard as of lately, so it is just a matter of time. A matter of time over which Litecoin is more profitable than Bitcoin. As simple as it gets

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2106

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:52:24 AM

Alts have been doing terrible lately so I would count on people getting back into bitcoin come August 2nd when the world didn't end. Who cares about litecoin?

Moreover, it has been going up when Bitcoin has been mostly stagnating, which is a very telling sign if you ask me (provided this tendency gains ground in the coming days and weeks). It is not rocket science that people will pour their money into the coin which is able to offer them consistent profits over longer time frames. And Litecoin has been outpacing Bitcoin in this regard as of lately, so it is just a matter of time. A matter of time over which Litecoin is more profitable than Bitcoin. As simple as it gets

In recent weeks LTC has gained traction, that's true. But don't forget that LTC didn't fare well in the BTC bear market of 2014-16 either. LTC still has to regain its pre-bear-market price level of > 0.033 BTC.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 09:14:23 AM

In recent weeks LTC has gained traction, that's true. But don't forget that LTC didn't fare well in the BTC bear market of 2014-16 either. LTC still has to regain its pre-bear-market price level of > 0.033 BTC

In fact, the question is not so much about Litecoin here

It is more about Bitcoin itself and its failure to efficiently and effectively solve the issues its currently faces. Litecoin has SegWit and Lightning Network activated already, but they are utterly inconsequential so far (since it hasn't yet reached the level of adoption where they would make a difference). In this way, the current rise of Litecoin is mostly due to Bitcoin's failure, and, ironically, if Bitcoin starts spiraling down as it had been growing in 2014-16, Litecoin may regain its price levels of over 0.03 BTC per coin without actually rising in dollar terms just due to Bitcoin going down

nagobinga

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:51:29 AM

I do not believe in bitcoin for the rest of my life ,, let alone the same people hopefully in early August can make bitcoin better.
mdripon

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:25:47 PM

It's not good, it seems some people are switching to Litecoin for retail payments, I like BTC a lot but I don't like the way this coin is treated... it's like it's left alone doing nothing about it and meanwhile lots of altcoins are trying to take over... BTC looks like a fat coin barely moving right now folks while whales are taking as much as they can on its back, it needs to be light and have speed... if something doesn't change after August 1 will probably consider other options as well, I've believed too much in one coin and missed others on the road

Hold on to some bitcoin because it is still projected to increase, but buy others as well.Because bitcoin is digital market for money.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:53:51 PM

It's not good, it seems some people are switching to Litecoin for retail payments, I like BTC a lot but I don't like the way this coin is treated... it's like it's left alone doing nothing about it and meanwhile lots of altcoins are trying to take over... BTC looks like a fat coin barely moving right now folks while whales are taking as much as they can on its back, it needs to be light and have speed... if something doesn't change after August 1 will probably consider other options as well, I've believed too much in one coin and missed others on the road
It's been a while since this post was made, not really, but it does seem like quite a long time. I think that we have all been waiting for a day where the blocksize finally isn't capped at 1MB. A day where transaction times and fees won't be through the roof. But now that the day is slowly approaching, many of us have sold our Bitcoin in fear of what is going to happen to the price, purely the price, not whether it is going to stay popular or continue working well, just the price. From June 20, the posting of this topic, to the 1st of August, there was only around 40 days separating. Why could we not wait that long?

But seriously, a lot of us dreamt of a day like this to come, and once you could see it on the horizon, you decided to sell.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 03:05:10 PM

I hold couple of Litecoins and I didn't notice the price changed so much during this month, only in last couple days +10$ break was seen. If people moving their founds to Litecoin, must be the number of people is not so high to change the price a lot

I guess you should check the charts again

Today the price of Litecoin has been hanging around 50 dollars per coin. Exactly one month ago, that is, on June, 9th, the price was around 30 dollars (on the next day it even went below 29 dollars). The difference is something like 20 dollars, which amounts to a whopping 20/30×100 = 66% growth. I can't really fathom how you failed to notice such a change. Regarding the Judgement day, we must hope for the better since, as the saying goes, there is only one thing which is worse than false hope and that's false hopelessness

User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:40:33 PM

Very true, I am dissapointed in how the BTC has developed, the fact that tx take centuries to confirm and the fees are most likely bigger than 3$ makes it impossible to use it for everyday payments.

If August 1st won´t bring a solution I will eiter cash out my BTC for Fiat and buy some stuff to store value, or switch to an altcoin which is not like "i don´t like new technologies" (propably the better solution as I really like the concept behind decentralized cryptocoins), the only unfortunant thing is that BTC is already very famous and widley used compared to any other altcoin.

[could be your ad]
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:32:51 PM

What will happen in August?
Everyone talks about it, worries and hopes.
look here
http://Https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1993766.0

Like whatever happens, I still believe that nothing bad will happen to Bitcoin.
I keep Altcoin for sale. positive thinking
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:46:14 PM

No matter what happened on August first, bitcoin will still be leading others cryptocurrency! Many greedy idea has been injected into bitcoin and that is why we are facing this hard forks issues. I think bitcoinist both the enthusiasts and miners need to work hard to bring most of the problems bitcoin is facing right now into resolutions. We shall see bitcoin became mainstream very soon!!
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:25:10 PM

No matter what happened on August first, bitcoin will still be leading others cryptocurrency! Many greedy idea has been injected into bitcoin and that is why we are facing this hard forks issues. I think bitcoinist both the enthusiasts and miners need to work hard to bring most of the problems bitcoin is facing right now into resolutions. We shall see bitcoin became mainstream very soon!!
I am completely agreed with you on this issue.
many negative rumors have been spread out about the bitcoin at 1st August. i think nothing will happen to this platform. i always suggest those people who are really worried about that day, bitcoin will remain same as today, so keep connected with bitcoin forever and keep enjoying the countless facility of bitcoin for lifetime...
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2106

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:31:36 PM

In recent weeks LTC has gained traction, that's true. But don't forget that LTC didn't fare well in the BTC bear market of 2014-16 either. LTC still has to regain its pre-bear-market price level of > 0.033 BTC

It is more about Bitcoin itself and its failure to efficiently and effectively solve the issues its currently faces. Litecoin has SegWit and Lightning Network activated already, but they are utterly inconsequential so far (since it hasn't yet reached the level of adoption where they would make a difference). In this way, the current rise of Litecoin is mostly due to Bitcoin's failure, and, ironically, if Bitcoin starts spiraling down as it had been growing in 2014-16, Litecoin may regain its price levels of over 0.03 BTC per coin without actually rising in dollar terms just due to Bitcoin going down

Good points. Will be interesting to see whether SegWit and LN will differentiate LTC enough for it to be not taken down with BTC during the next bear market. The alt coin market still smells heavily of pump right now, so I'm skeptical how much of LTC's recent recovery has been on its own merit.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:05:56 PM

It's not good, it seems some people are switching to Litecoin for retail payments, I like BTC a lot but I don't like the way this coin is treated...
I wouldnt say they have switched and abandoned btc. I think supporting other alts like ltc also prolongs the life of all other altcoins out there inclusive of bitcoin.

it's like it's left alone doing nothing about it and meanwhile lots of altcoins are trying to take over...
it might seem like nothing is being done but the Bitcoin system is different from other altcoins as btc needs a consensus to be reached before any changes can be done
BTC looks like a fat coin barely moving right now folks while whales are taking as much as they can on its back, it needs to be light and have speed... if something doesn't change after August 1 will probably consider other options as well, I've believed too much in one coin and missed others on the road
it might seem like this because your eyes are focused on bitcoins only when other coins are equaling getting a beating but come August bitcoin is going to write history
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 06:24:37 AM

Good points. Will be interesting to see whether SegWit and LN will differentiate LTC enough for it to be not taken down with BTC during the next bear market. The alt coin market still smells heavily of pump right now, so I'm skeptical how much of LTC's recent recovery has been on its own merit

They are more of a promise than of real advantage right now

As I told in my post to which you replied, technically, they are irrelevant and inconsequential at this very moment. We don't know how well they will work when Litecoin starts to process the amount of transactions Bitcoin tries to cope with on a regular basis now. But they are there already, no matter what, while Bitcoin failed to introduce them, and this is the difference which might potentially cost Bitcoin dear. Apart from that, you can't possibly talk about Litecoin's "recovery" since it has been consistently doing all time highs in dollar terms (that's what counts). In other words, it didn't crash, it had just been lagging behind Bitcoin all these years. While Bitcoin grew, Litecoin mostly stagnated

sonic212

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:12:27 AM

I agree with you, do not let anyone switch to Altcoin, because I think Bitcoin from the past until now is always at stake by people so the price instantly becomes as strong as the thread, why people will switch to Litcoin, if everyone moves with Litcoin I do not know would like What will happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: