Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:41:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the bear market started tomorrow. How would you adjust your porfolio?  (Read 788 times)
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 10:29:24 AM

I'm thinking about adjusting my portfolio for the eventual bear market (if that comes in the next few days/week/months who knows).

My portfolio contains 30 % BTC, 15% ETH and the remainder in alts.

How would you adjust the portfolio to maintain maximum value and capitalize on the financial opportunities of a bear market?

My own thoughts are that BTC is less overbought than ETC and the altcoin market and so would lose less of its value in a crash.

So perhaps moving to BTC to consolidate my position would be a good idea? Or even convert to BTC then to USDT and buy BTC after the crash.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

In a situation where you think crypto is entering a bear market, I would recommend investing in stocks instead. You can make a lot more money in stocks than crypto in general anyway. If the crypto market starts going down hill, both ETH and BTC will decline significantly, as well as every alt coin. By putting your money in stocks you still enjoy a lot of potential upside (more, in fact) and you don't take on the high risk of a crypto bear market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:14:51 AM

I'm thinking about adjusting my portfolio for the eventual bear market (if that comes in the next few days/week/months who knows).

My portfolio contains 30 % BTC, 15% ETH and the remainder in alts.

How would you adjust the portfolio to maintain maximum value and capitalize on the financial opportunities of a bear market?

My own thoughts are that BTC is less overbought than ETC and the altcoin market and so would lose less of its value in a crash.

So perhaps moving to BTC to consolidate my position would be a good idea? Or even convert to  then to USDT and buy BTC after the crash.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Actually "Bitcoin is less overbought" and as such the wisest thing to do incase of downward price or bearish market is to covert 80% of my portfolios to Bitcoin and 20% to new ICO. Ethereum is overbought and litecoin and dogecoin are very unpredictable.
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 05:17:24 PM

my strategy has always been to trade bitcoin when its future is clear, like when it is easier to speculate a big rise or a big fall and then stay away (meaning to transfer all my bitcoin to cold storage) when i can't speculate it.
Like now - it's looking like scaling will be implemented, so it's a big buy (unless the code is buggy as hell, which it could be).
Quote from: BrewMaster
as for altcoins, holding them in my opinion is a dumb move. they are easily manipulated and their dumps are hard and irreversible. and there isn't really a bear market in altcoins there is only pump and dumps and there is always at least one pump going on that you can take advantage of.
Unfair generalisation.  Some altcoins were relatively stable until just a few months ago when this crazy bull market/arguably bubble started (even ETH, for example).  Furthermore, some altcoins grow in a reasonably way - Byteball for example is distributing to Bitcoin holders and to existing Byteball holders, which makes the value of people's holdings increase as more Bitcoin holders get involved.

Furthermore, the majority of altcoins are traded against Bitcoin, and many of the major altcoins' charts have run nearly parallel to Bitcoin recently due to the overall bull market and trading against BTC.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:07:52 PM

I have been through a massive bear market already. I took advantage of the price that just wouldn't go over the $300 level back in 2015. I remember how certain people were speculating about the price to fall below the $200 level again, just in order to push others towards selling their coins. Cheesy It's exactly the same sort of fud/trolling that we experience right now, but then at such insanely low levels.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:38:39 PM

I never bother about bear markets because I am not holding any altcoins in my long term portfolio. I am having big faith on bitcoins and also so far bitcoin is bouncing back more quickly regardless of how heavily it did get dumped. So, I am not worrying any time to adjust my investments plans according to sudden market condition changes.

I guess only altcoin investors must need to sell off quickly before bear markets starts otherwise they may need to wait for longer periods to recover their capital.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:02:28 AM

I never bother about bear markets because I am not holding any altcoins in my long term portfolio. I am having big faith on bitcoins and also so far bitcoin is bouncing back more quickly regardless of how heavily it did get dumped. So, I am not worrying any time to adjust my investments plans according to sudden market condition changes.

I guess only altcoin investors must need to sell off quickly before bear markets starts otherwise they may need to wait for longer periods to recover their capital.
Your plans are seeming very good but I just want to know what you have been doing when bitcoin prices falling from ~$900 in 2014 and 2015 to $200 price levels ? If you were into bitcoin trading at those times, I guess as per your above statement, you must be holding your bitcoins for years so that you will be recovering over losses slowly.

I mean to say that adjusting portfolio is always good. Somethings those adjusting portfolio might help us to prevent holding and waiting to recover losses. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: