Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN [DENT] Dent: Tokenizing and Liberating the World's Mobile Data  (Read 98920 times)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 03:21:07 PM

There are billions of users on mobile data than desktop laptops combined, I think having the total max supply of 100 Billion is not a problem.  The value may be lesser per token but if you have about 500K of these, its going to be a fun adventure for you.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 08:48:39 PM

I wish the OP can explain more how does mobile data become commodity. Sorry.

slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:54:54 PM

Who doesn't have unlimited data in 2017?

The roaming is very expensive for data transfer.
Roaming is a one among the major factor that the mobile industry right now focus to make a good earning through it. On international roaming a single minute gets an deduction of mare than $3 which is quite a big value and this needs to be eliminated providing zero roaming international.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:58:39 PM

It would be very helpful for potential investors if dev could give us few examples of real life use cases of these "mobile data" that will be connected to a Dent token.

Cryptoby

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 05:30:06 AM

It would be very helpful for potential investors if dev could give us few examples of real life use cases of these "mobile data" that will be connected to a Dent token.

I agree to that ... and another question: how will you make it possible to transfer mobile data from one person to another? I think it isn't that easy, because you are working against a established industry. They have no benefit from this data transfer from one person to another, so they won't provide it. They will do all to make it difficult for you, I think ... By the way: Your idea of liberatingthe world's mobile data is interesting ... but I think it's not easy to achive that goal ... but it would be great if it's somehow possible ...

SKYWAY New Generation of world transport system
Over 400 Billion $ estimated value of intellectual property | At 10th stage of development | 1000% and more possible
Website | Video | Businessplan | Broschure | Register | Sign up & Invest now
timmyzhl

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:33:08 AM

The total amount of your market is too big
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:38:28 AM

I am not memorized by the many ICO projects, good luck for this project. Wink
icerose

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:30:45 AM

This sounds interesting for international travellers to avoid roaming charges, I know personally I always turn off my data usage when I go abroad. For the domestic market however it seems like it will be of limited use.
milonite

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:41:41 AM

agree to that
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:08:23 AM

DENT ICO added - ICOTRACKER.NET  https://icotracker.net/project/dent  Twit: https://twitter.com/Kaznachej123/status/880002568952225792

DENTCOIN

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 11:34:46 AM

Who doesn't have unlimited data in 2017?

Hi, thanks for the comment.

It would be great if everyone had as much data as needed at an affordable price - in fact this is our vision.
However, reality is that today data is expensive to most users - domestically and most pronounced in case of international roaming, and also in the future data will not come for free. The reason is that data capacity  is a limited resource, which can be expanded by more spectrum or denser telco network - both of which comes at a price.

What DENT wants to achieve is a better utilization of the limited resource mobile data, by making data prices fully transparent to all users, and by allowing to trade data between users. With DENT therefore the market imbalance today - where operators determine the price - will shift to a fully balanced and transparent market, where users determine data market prices purely based on supply and demand.

Cheers,

- Mikko
Co-Founder DENT Wireless
DENTCOIN

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 11:58:12 AM

No github code either lol, just a shitty idea written on paper. Don't give value to whitepaper, give value to code. No code for a project that lets you sell your data when everyone already has unlimited data. Expect more and more people come trying to abuse the ICO market.

Hi, appreciate your opinion,
agree, that everyone should be careful with ICOs as there is risk of low quality and scam, people should do proper background checks before buying any tokens.
However, DENT is a high quality and high ambition project, the team has proven track record of delivering code at scale, and has deep experience how to partner and integrate with telcos. See the team here: https://www.dentcoin.com/aboutus
Data is (unfortunately) not unlimited - see #57

Best, Mikko
DENTCOIN

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 12:16:48 PM

Hi, so I've made a blogpost about DENT and am getting a few questions I need the answers to. Could you help out?

1) Wouldn't the telcos have to agree to this? What is their incentive? ... Would some of the profits go to the telcos? --- well obviously profits would go to the Telcos. But I guess he's asking, how do you get Telcos to offer mobile data to you, which you then distribute on the DENT network?

2) How many telcos do you have on board so far?

3) Are you going to start up an MVNO where people can spend their tokens for data?

Thank you!

Hi, very relevant questions, thanks!

Here quick answers:

Yes, we prefer of course to work together with the telcos, and we are already in conversations with multiple ones. If that takes too long, we always have the option of  launching on our own MVNO with the DENT features.  In the first phase, DENT is attractive to “attacker” telcos who want to lead the market with a customer friendly proposition, i.e. to offer customers to sell, buy or donate mobile data across all DENT users and better roaming etc. DENT is also attractive to existing telcos who want to launch the “data liberalization” proposition anyways, but want to save time and money to build their own platform.

DENT Exchange is a marketplace which makes buying and selling of mobile data easy and dynamic. By making mobile data buying easy, (just like Amazon and ebay made buying and selling of goods easy), we will extend the market of the telcos, and also modernize their business model, buy for example enabling autimatic data buying for iOT devides. Nobody will run with SIM cards any more in the near future. Telcos can not do this fast, since they are competitors, so there needs to be a 3rd party that will do that marketplace.

To drive the pressure on, we will be gathering a growing growing number of DENT users, on who’s behalf we will negotiate with telcos. Remember, every user in the eyes of a telco represents a value of ion average 460 EUR . So 2 million users of 1 telco represents 920 Million Dollar revenue for them. Every telco will listen to that.

We are not worried about fighting against a big industry. I am also Co-Founder of DOVECOT, the IMAP Server, and with that product we are fighting against Oracle, Microsoft and Google, and with actually quite good succes: growing the IMAP market share of Dovecot from 49% to 72% in the last 3 years, having today over 4 million Dovecot servers live. Reference: http://www.openemailsurvey.org

Look back what happened to NOKIA and Blackberry, they just vanished in a few years by not having the product that the users wanted. Therefore telcos should not feel too secure in the monopolistic and silo-like mindset. The users are not happy at the moment, and mobile data is one of the most important commodities in our time.

Thanks for your support!

-Mikko, Co-Founder of DENT Wireless

DENTCOIN

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 12:23:52 PM

I don't understand, how can you sell your mobile data? Is it even possible?
I checked whitepaper but didn't understand how to use this token to sell my mobile data in real life.

Hi,

The notion “buying data” is nothing else than getting the right from your telco to send and receive bytes from and to your phone via the telco’s network. The issue DENT solves is, that - unlike fuel - you don’t really own the data you bought, for example you cannot just give it to someone else, or - even worse - you lose the data you bought at the end of the month if not fully used up.
So selling mobile data is therefore nothing else than handing over the right to use the telco’s network from you to someone else, for the specified number of bytes. Technically, this is realized by removing the amount of bytes from your telco account, and adding it to the other person’s telco account.

This already works inside the telco network by some telcos you can for example move data allowance between family members, so why not also inside and outside the network?

Cheers, Mikko
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

TonUp.io | 🔥Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:33:18 PM

I don't understand, how can you sell your mobile data? Is it even possible?
I checked whitepaper but didn't understand how to use this token to sell my mobile data in real life.

Hi,

The notion “buying data” is nothing else than getting the right from your telco to send and receive bytes from and to your phone via the telco’s network. The issue DENT solves is, that - unlike fuel - you don’t really own the data you bought, for example you cannot just give it to someone else, or - even worse - you lose the data you bought at the end of the month if not fully used up.
So selling mobile data is therefore nothing else than handing over the right to use the telco’s network from you to someone else, for the specified number of bytes. Technically, this is realized by removing the amount of bytes from your telco account, and adding it to the other person’s telco account.

This already works inside the telco network by some telcos you can for example move data allowance between family members, so why not also inside and outside the network?

Cheers, Mikko
Yes I still do not understand how to sell our data unused
What I know is only the balance to call alone that can be sold while cellular data can not be sold

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
serkand93

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:55:20 PM

I do not get the working principle behing this project

Don't you have to make deal with all telcos in the world ?
golfhuso

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:57:34 PM

Sound like VPN to me  Huh  I'll pass. Wish dev success.

▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
            ▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
[]▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 10:28:46 PM

I do not get the working principle behing this project

Don't you have to make deal with all telcos in the world ?

Yes, how will you make telcos participate in the data market?

barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:29:01 PM

What is the project listed of DENT?

DENT must be listed in liqui.io

To be a step for listed  and traded  in bittrex

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 04:54:59 AM

Many people may think that 100 Billion tokens of DENT will be too much but I am Chinese and Chinese they like lots of tokens as we are a big population. MOBILE INDUSTRY now is very big especially in emerging countries. This is unique tech and may catch on very well.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: