Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:45:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Spectiv: DECENTRALIZED VIRTUAL REALITY (OLD THREAD)  (Read 87327 times)
csmcc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:15:47 PM

Hello, signature bounty manager, I have got prompted to senior member and I have updated my signature, I hope you can update my rank and give me the correct stakes when next post count.
Don't request bounty program in ANN thread, if you want manager update your rank, please write this request in Bounty Spectiv thread or PM manager, but I suggest should comment in bounty thread.

Bounty Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1975288

Having read this entire thread (to try and get some idea of technical details or a business plan) I would say 70%-80% is bounty hunter shitposts.

Doesn't do the thread any favours for those looking for detail....

*EDIT*

Just like the one directly above this.

It adds nothing. Pointless shitposts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:21:26 PM

Hello, signature bounty manager, I have got prompted to senior member and I have updated my signature, I hope you can update my rank and give me the correct stakes when next post count.
Don't request bounty program in ANN thread, if you want manager update your rank, please write this request in Bounty Spectiv thread or PM manager, but I suggest should comment in bounty thread.

Bounty Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1975288

Having read this entire thread (to try and get some idea of technical details or a business plan) I would say 70%-80% is bounty hunter shitposts.

Doesn't do the thread any favours for those looking for detail....

*EDIT*

Just like the one directly above this.

It adds nothing. Pointless shitposts.
Why would you read the whole thread to get some technical details. Go to the site or read the white paper in order to get some idea.

csmcc

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:39:05 PM

Why would you read the whole thread to get some technical details. Go to the site or read the white paper in order to get some idea.

You think I didn't?

The white paper is vague and confusing. And contains some ludicrous numbers (such as people paying $100k for an ad on their site).

The website gives you nothing extra.

So in desperation, I waded through 40 pages of this thread. Which is why I know it contains so much shitposting.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:43:27 PM

How do investors make money by investing in this ICO? Can anyone give some suggestions..
I was told there will be a filter to block certain content. Is that correct?
Are you know what is ICOs crowdsale? If you not know can read more in: https://www.smithandcrown.com/what-is-an-ico/

It as a new type IPO and you will buy a token with cheap price + bonus program if investing pre-crowdsale, then waiting listed exchange and you can earning profit with high price than the price you bought from crowdsale. This is a simple define.

I think he means what the value of a token will be, and how the value of a token can increase over time.

Yes he does.

I asked much the same thing.

Where is the revenue coming from?  Where is the value coming from? How is anyone going to make a good return on this?

I'm not seeing it. If the only (hoped for) revenue then simple ROI will be years off. If ever.

Increase of Signal Tokens value will be tied to platform growth (and whole VR industry). If the platform userbase will grow the demand for SIGs will also rise along with its value.

You think I didn't?

The white paper is vague and confusing. And contains some ludicrous numbers (such as people paying $100k for an ad on their site).

The website gives you nothing extra.

So in desperation, I waded through 40 pages of this thread. Which is why I know it contains so much shitposting.

Unfortunately that is what happen when there is big bounty campaign.
csmcc

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:02:09 PM

Increase of Signal Tokens value will be tied to platform growth (and whole VR industry).

This is why I asked the team to respond. Not a bounty hunter.

Why?

Why are they going to increase in value? Where is the revenue going to come from?

Adverts. That's it.

That's the answer the CEO gave in the YouTube interview I watched. (and linked to a couple of pages back)

And when the site launches, how many advertisers will it have? Zero. So, in effect, it will be worthless.

So, besides ignorant speculation (such as with Numeraire), where is value going to be added to the token without any money going into the business?

As I keep saying, I'm a VR enthusiast and early adopter. I actually WANT to like this project. But as a business venture, it leaves a lot to be desired.

The token itself has little to do with VR. And could be applied to other sites/ventures. (Again, straight from the CEO interview. His words, not mine.)
sud

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:16:28 PM

Increase of Signal Tokens value will be tied to platform growth (and whole VR industry).

This is why I asked the team to respond. Not a bounty hunter.

Why?

Why are they going to increase in value? Where is the revenue going to come from?

Adverts. That's it.

That's the answer the CEO gave in the YouTube interview I watched. (and linked to a couple of pages back)

And when the site launches, how many advertisers will it have? Zero. So, in effect, it will be worthless.

So, besides ignorant speculation (such as with Numeraire), where is value going to be added to the token without any money going into the business?

As I keep saying, I'm a VR enthusiast and early adopter. I actually WANT to like this project. But as a business venture, it leaves a lot to be desired.

The token itself has little to do with VR. And could be applied to other sites/ventures. (Again, straight from the CEO interview. His words, not mine.)

I was refering to value of coin - more users = more curators want to use SIGs = more demand = more value. Revenue of the platform is whole another topic and I can agree with you that it's just plans for now. It needs time and userbase (again), so everthing comes to a point if people will be wanting to join and use the platform.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:12:58 PM

I have seen on your twitter,example of advert created in VR tech,will you provide service like that,or will you partnership with company what will  exept create advert in VR exept Immersv what is connecting advertisers with vr platforms

Advert in VR tech looks really nice,it may be hot.hot

I guess VR will play mportant role in next US presidential campaigne

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:36:33 PM

Can you add rewards to signature participants?
Because signatures are too risky, and we can not follow other campaigns, unlike translators, social media, blogpost, they can do it on any project, but we can not do it, and even if the project fails we get nothing, but others can get Gift from another project, I hope you consider this
agree, it seems  the ico has been delayed for too much time, and we get nothing in the sxtra time but have to do 12 posts a week

wow guys you ask much for doing almost nothing ...

What do you mean by doing almost nothing? We will keep making 12 posts very week for more than a month. BTW, I am not asking much more, I just hope this project can be  known by more and more people.

Seriously 12 posts a week is that hard? Most ppl do it even without sig campaigns by just participating in discussions.

BTW You can delete you sig if you already have made 50 posts and still be rewarded for your stakes. So if you are here only for reward, nothing stops you from changing signature to another project.

Not really, at least according to their rules, which are still standing on the front page:

"- Participants are not allowed to change their signature until the crowdsale officially closes."

I think the team should change this rule since it's not fair. It's not a matter of the bounty hunters being interested either in the project or in the reward, it's a matter of not changing the rules in the mid of the play or - if you have to change them - then doing all what it is necessary not to end up screwing anyone. Some bounty hunter could have decided to promote this project for a certain time, having in mind some other use for their signature after a certain date, or others just wouldn't like to put all their eggs in one basket - which is what you'd do if you support a single project for a very long time - if that project would fail, you'd have lost months of other opportunities, while working on many short projects means diversifying risks and opportunities.
So if the rules have been changed the team should give the chance to anyone to leave without losing their little stake which they have earned till that moment. Of course, it's also advisable that the team raises the bounties proportionally with the rise of the campaign duration, since the value of the ICO doesn't necessarily increase by happening later. If people would wear the signature for twice the time declared initially and then get the same reward of a shorter campaign, they would simply have been given half of the promised money - which basically would be cheating.
I am really intrigued by this project and I see all its potential, and I'm totally into futuristic visions too, so I'm not saying that I will necessarily leave this campaign. But the choice must be given to everyone since what people have agreed on is apparently not any more valid in the same original terms.
sud

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:39:13 AM

Because signatures are too risky, and we can not follow other campaigns, unlike translators, social media, blogpost, they can do it on any project, but we can not do it, and even if the project fails we get nothing, but others can get Gift from another project, I hope you consider this
agree, it seems  the ico has been delayed for too much time, and we get nothing in the sxtra time but have to do 12 posts a week

What do you mean by doing almost nothing? We will keep making 12 posts very week for more than a month. BTW, I am not asking much more, I just hope this project can be  known by more and more people.

Seriously 12 posts a week is that hard? Most ppl do it even without sig campaigns by just participating in discussions.

BTW You can delete you sig if you already have made 50 posts and still be rewarded for your stakes. So if you are here only for reward, nothing stops you from changing signature to another project.

Not really, at least according to their rules, which are still standing on the front page:

"- Participants are not allowed to change their signature until the crowdsale officially closes."

See here:

Please take a minute to read the announcement posts in the OP, and read the past few pages of the thread. Basically we will be increasing the Bounty Token Supply though.

"Please note that we will also be increasing the Bounty token allocation significantly though. We plan to increase the % of tokens from either 2% to 3 or 4%. The delay is not 60 days by the way, it is only expected to be a 30 day delay. We do have 60 days worth of work to do, but that is starting now, so that will be finished in mi September. We think that by doubling our token allocation to 4% for the bounty, it is still worth it for you to maintain your signature. If you choose not to, then as long as you have 50 posts with the signature, you will still earn your stakes."
aimer1488

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:16:33 AM

I waited until the interview to decide and decided now that I won't be participating in the ICO.

Here are the problems I have:

-Users are going to have to buy VR headgear to use your software.  I personally would not go out to buy VR gear just to use this platform even if the VR gear only cost $20.  This also creates another barrier for someone to use your website.

-You talked too much about youtube/twitch.. and the way you answered questions sounded like it is a dream than you actually having an actionable plan.

-Your token and coin point system is too confusing and seems unnecessary.

-I don't believe you are going to be able to draw viewers to your website.  People also are not going to magically start using your website even if your successfully pull everything off.  You cannot suddenly steal viewers from twitch and youtube and I think your USP is too weak to succeed.

-This one was the deal breaker for me. Your max cap is way too high.  Sure there have been ICOs before you with nothing built and getting a lot of funding, but things are changing and asking for $40m with just a mockup on your website is just insane.  To me it sounds like you are asking for $40m to start a fun school project of yours.

Lastly, VR is always going to be interesting, but from keeping up with the thread and also watching the interview.. I just don't believe you are going to be able to execute.

Also you should have practiced not saying 'like' 'like' before the interview.

I think this is a very subjective opinion. I think if you read the whitepaper all at once will clear up
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:51:26 AM

If you guys have postponed the ICO launch date, maybe you can update the start date in the signature code.

I Think they mentioned before only, this week they are going to update will the required information about the ICO or Pre-sale.
May be they are very busy in partnership with the legalizing company which runs ICO without any damage.
It takes hard work and maturity in acting, this project is making a decision to be more perfect

Without transparency, we cannot move forward in this industry. The more transparency from the admin will leads to get some good community support to spectiv. Already there are many people supporting this spectiv and i think it is going to be exicitng days for spectiv and to the community.
ben_btctalk

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:34:13 PM

If you guys have postponed the ICO launch date, maybe you can update the start date in the signature code.

I Think they mentioned before only, this week they are going to update will the required information about the ICO or Pre-sale.
May be they are very busy in partnership with the legalizing company which runs ICO without any damage.
It takes hard work and maturity in acting, this project is making a decision to be more perfect

Without transparency, we cannot move forward in this industry. The more transparency from the admin will leads to get some good community support to spectiv. Already there are many people supporting this spectiv and i think it is going to be exicitng days for spectiv and to the community.
+1

As we mentioned, we will update the dates and everything at the end of this week. We are working on the legal structuring of this crowdsale, and cannot guarantee a date just yet. This is why we don't want to announce it just yet. Once we have the dates finalized, we will update the posts and website. Trust us for now though. We will reward our community and our bounty participants.

The ico postponed because of legal issues or is there other concerns too?
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:58:02 PM

After 50 posts if we remove the sig the bounty would be the same? can make sense to have a higher bounty for those who keep until the end of campaign imo
csmcc

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:57:26 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 11:41:11 PM by mprep

2. Token Value
In regards to how we plan to grow the value of Signal Tokens, that is not based on whether or not Spectiv is profitable, but based on whether or not content curation is profitable. Consider this, as VR grows and the Spectiv platform grows, curators will be able to drive more traffic to the Spectiv platform. The more traffic that a curator drives, the more money that they earn for generating a signal.

For example, let's say that during year 1 of operation a good content curator is able to profit $1 for every $.50 that they spends on generating signals. During that first year, the curator triples his fan base and in return now makes $3 for every $.50 that he spends on generating signals. Now the cost of generating a signal is significantly lower than the potential revenue for doing it, so the potential value of a signal token is theoretically higher. The market will naturally adjust to this new defined value of a Signal Token and over time, a Signal Token will grow in value until the potential profit and the cost are in a reasonable equilibrium.

There are a couple other points that will factor into the value of Signal Tokens, such as the number of curators that are on the platform and the "minimum" threshold of followers a curator needs to have in order to profitably generate signals. I won't get into that right now because it is all theoretical at this point, but at the end of day, the value of Signal tokens will naturally adjust to be in line with the potential revenue of generating a signal.

Thank you for the reply.

I appreciate that there will be little to no ad revenue initially. And going forward? Who knows. No-one can say. Including you guys. You can make estimates, sure. But this is online advertising we're talking about here. Income from this is far from a given. And uptake may be slow. As in, years slow. You can't assume the number of people using the internet, or playing consoles, just now will automatically translate to the same numbers for the VR market. Sure, it will grow I believe. But how big and how fast? I suspect our estimates there may be slighly different.

Which again takes me back to the value of SIGS. As this is what ICO investors are actually buying.

Sale price - $0.50.

Used solely by creators to propogate content via personalised links.

OK.

Like I say. I work for a tech company. We make EPoS. Biggest in my country. With some presence in the USA. We run loyalty programs. Loyalty programs are a similar system to your signals. At the end of day, they are personalised links to promote content (in my case - offers, in yours - VR videos). In my case, the companies we service use them for mailshots, sale-point discount, repeat buyer discounts, etc etc. Some of these loyalty campaigns contain millions of (uniquely identified) users. My role in all this to stress test the entire setup. The company I work for employs several hundred people. Has it's own dedicated data centres. I work with both dev, test and infrastructure teams. I have to in order to understand what they're doing so I can stress the correct parts of the system.

And we don't have to store and stream VR standard videos! That is a MUCH higher server demand than anything we host. (And we host a lot. Not just loyalty stuff.)

I'm just making the point that this is a BIG technical undertaking you're going for here. Snopes (the fake news website) has estimated running costs (they have an ongoing legal battle going on at the moment so have financial problems) are estimated at $100k per month. I can see costs for a VR streaming site of any sort of size being considerably higher than that. And thats an established site. Without additional revenue, I can see the ICO money getting burnt through pretty fast just on setup, never mind running it.

So where does the value in the token come from?

You sell them at $0.50 during the crowdsale. A curator uses them to "curate" (advertise, whatever ..... they share a specialised link generated through using the token). OK so far. This is where I start losing the track. The white paper then goes on to say that they earn "interest" based on the uptake generated through their signal posts. Right? So where does that interest come from? I see part of the ICO fund being held to pay early curators (again, in the white paper). Personally, I don't like that model. As it means ICO money could end up being used to pay people for uploading and spamming rubbish. (Moderation of interest is mentioned. Not sure how you plan to do that though. I reckon I could pretty easily set up an automated system, that switched exit nodes via a VPN or something so it looked like unique users, and create a whole bunch of fake interest from my own link ...)

But new users also get a 30 SIG bonus on sign up. And a free google cardboard.

So far, all payments to anyone, be they new users, curators, or whatever, appears to be coming out of the ICO money. On top of all your other setup and running costs.

Lots of costs. But little guaranteed revenue post-ICO.

But the white paper also states that "The interest that users earn on Sigs they deploy is distributed as a share of the ad revenue generated from the content they signaled."

Although, you said (in your reply I have partially quoted) that SIGS do not have to rely on the site being profitable to make money.

The statement above (from your white paper) implies the exact opposite. If the site is not generating ad revenue. Then once the money from the ICO is burned through, how do you pay them if the ad revenue is still low?

And I still don't see how any of this causes the token itself to gain value? Besides, as I mentioned earlier, ignorant market speculation. Thats hardly a stable base to build a business on.

Why does a SIG gain value? If, after the ICO money is gone, the only revenue to SIG users will be through (hopefully) ad revenue?

Also, if the SIG token does gain a LOT of value (although we're still not sure if they'll end up on an exchange - this detail isn't nailed down yet either), will this not prevent new "curators" from staking them? Why risk a $100 (for the sake of example - I'm not saying they'll ever hit $100) to promote a link you may get very little return on. You'd be better off selling it on an exchange. But, conversely, as a buyer of token as the ICO stage, I want them to go up in value. Problem is, I'm still failing to see why they will! I mean, if they DON'T end up on exhanges, why would they ever be worth more than the $0.50 ICO price? In fact, why does it need to be a cryptocurrency at all? The SPEC token isn't. As you say it needs to be a controlled price. As a curator using the SIG token, I would rather not be at the mercy of the insanity of crypto markets to determine whether it costs me $0.50 or $50 to promote a link. Why not make that one controlled as well? Except then your sole link to crypto, and investment money - which you'll need to run the thing, is gone.

Apologies for seemlingly asking the same question constantly. But that's only because I've yet to see an answer that tells me where the value comes from. And, unlike a lot of people buying crypto (the "crypto = lambo" idiot crowd), I actually do my research. I'm an analyst by trade. I'd rather not throw my hard earned cash away!

As it stands, as a VR user:

1. Would I try your site? - Yes.
2. Would I continue to use it? - Maybe. Impossible to say without seeing at least some sort of demo. But VR video is low on my use list. Even if I did continue to use it, it would not get much of a proportion of my VR time. The whole point of VR, for me and most of the people I know who are into it, is INTERACTIVE immersion. VR video is immersive. But not interactive. I see it a bit like Oculus before it got Touch. Half the system was missing. It's the main reason I stuck with the Vive over it (I had both at one point). Even with Touch now in place, their tracking system is not quite so good so I'm still happy with my decision to back the Vive. Although, the Oculus closed market system is fucking stupid and the LAST thing a small emergent market like VR needs. But thats what happens when you let Facebook pull the strings.
3. Would I invest in your token? - At the moment, no. See above.

(PS - the other potential problem I see for this is bandwidth. From the user end. You're talking about starting out with users offering live VR feeds yes? How many people do you think have the upload bandwidth to upstream decent quality VR video? I would burn through my mobile allowance in minutes. To do it live, requires a live data connection. So unless we want to watch some guy sat in his VR room, that data connection needs to be mobile. Or else you're into record and playback/stream at home territory. Not live. Look at the feeds on Periscope. Their quality is massively variable with lots of dropout, freezing, bad connections, etc. And VR will have way higher upstream requirements ...)

Guys, you need to stop posting bounty questions in here, post them in the bounty thread.

THIS!!!

ABSOLUTELY THIS!!!

Without all the bounty shitposts, I reckon this ANN would be about 10 pages at most.  Angry
alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:11:53 PM

Will there be another ICO for the Specs token or we will only be able to buy them on the Spectiv platform?

Pfizer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:13:49 PM

Will there be another ICO for the Specs token or we will only be able to buy them on the Spectiv platform?

What do you mean another ico? The ico has not started yet, and it will be possibly on mid september 2017 as far as I know. We will buy tokens during spectiv VR ico.
csmcc

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:21:47 PM

From the white paper: "The total number of Sigs created will depend on how many are sold during the crowdsale period."

So, to me, I read that as none will be created after the ICO. If they are, I don't see the methodology behind it in the white paper anywhere. The cap on the crowdsale is $40m. So with a fixed price of $0.50 per SIG, I assume the maximum that can ever exist is 80m. Less if the crowdsale does not reach it's cap.
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:35:35 PM

What do you mean another ico? The ico has not started yet, and it will be possibly on mid september 2017 as far as I know. We will buy tokens during spectiv VR ico.

There is no other ICO or retail related to Spectiv. As informed above, the next month should start tokensale. Then after ICO will be listed where it will be available for purchase
alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:38:14 PM

From the white paper: "The total number of Sigs created will depend on how many are sold during the crowdsale period."

So, to me, I read that as none will be created after the ICO. If they are, I don't see the methodology behind it in the white paper anywhere. The cap on the crowdsale is $40m. So with a fixed price of $0.50 per SIG, I assume the maximum that can ever exist is 80m. Less if the crowdsale does not reach it's cap.

Nah I meant that they have two set of tokens one is the Signal token: Sigs and another is Spectiv Tokens: Specs if you see the website you can see it under tokens section.

csmcc

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:48:32 PM

Nah I meant that they have two set of tokens one is the Signal token: Sigs and another is Spectiv Tokens: Specs if you see the website you can see it under tokens section.

Specs are not a crypto currency. They're not part of the crowdsale. It's in the white paper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: