Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:58:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SegWit2x will get activated for sure?  (Read 3836 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:29:55 PM

Nice discussion. The NYA most probably composed majority of bitcoin miners and stake holders. I am more concerned on its price. Grin I wonder what will be the world's reaction on bitcoin if NYA really takes over its blockchain.

I can tell these guys will not takeover Bitcoin and they will also fail to steal the brand!!
Miners and some dummy CEOs with big egos have absolutely nothing to say!!
They will fail pretty big and learn another very hard lesson.
At least the miners should know that they have no power, whatever what type of shenanigens they are doing.
UASF showed those guys twice (first Litecoin, then with Bitcoin) that without the agreement by the users, you won't go anywhere with your "upgrade"!!!
Because when users aren't willing to install and run your crappy and buggy programmed software, well you're the one who looks stupid.
And political plays doesn't work here in that space! This is the reason why we all came here!!! Because we're fed up with the existing system and their lies and empty promises.

I still could imagine the fork getting cancelled in the last minute.
And if not, fine! Let them fork. The market will prove them how wrong they are.
The price may take a hit for a while, but that doesn't really matter. Next year we will see 5 digits anyways. I can wait!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:38:12 PM

I'm checking Coin.dance since yesterday and I see a really decent increase on the mining power.

It seems like It's going to get activated at 80% If I got things right and there is nothing we could do about it, this will also cancel UASF activation. The agreement they made a few weeks ago include most of the mining power so It seems unlikely to me that they would fail to do this.
Is this our way to centralization? I mean this could make the core developers unemployed, right?

yes i heard this november bitcoin will again do hardfork and if the amount of bitcoin has hard fork amounted to 3x and it produces a new coin which is very profitable for those who have a bitcoin balance can get free hardfork coin.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:20:39 PM

The thread is a little bit old but since you brought it up, I thought I should let you know that 38% of companies who signed NYA already withdrew their support. I expect more to join in the upcoming days left.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:03:06 PM

The thread is a little bit old but since you brought it up, I thought I should let you know that 38% of companies who signed NYA already withdrew their support. I expect more to join in the upcoming days left.

SegWit2x cancelled, altcoins on the rise !

Unfortunately, it is clear that we have not built sufficient consensus for
a clean blocksize upgrade at this time. Continuing on the current path
could divide the community and be a setback to Bitcoin’s growth. This was
never the goal of Segwit2x.

As fees rise on the blockchain, we believe it will eventually become
obvious that on-chain capacity increases are necessary. When that happens,
we hope the community will come together and find a solution, possibly with
a blocksize increase. Until then, we are suspending our plans for the
upcoming 2MB upgrade.

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-segwit2x/2017-November/000685.html
Hanablue

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:29:44 PM

Well for now it has been cancelled yet again. and it give a good dip to bitcoin prices.
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:49:29 PM

The SegWit2x team failed to implement replay protection, so until they figure that out, it's dead in the water.
CryptoLex

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:09:21 AM

Well i hope it stays dead in the water
DroidR17A

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:36:37 AM

Looks like SegWit2x may happen after all, albeit as a mostly unsupported fork if these asshats have anything to do with it: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/mysterious-group-bitpico-threatens-to-execute-segwit2x-hard-fork/
roddy5

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:50:08 AM

Looks like SegWit2x may happen after all, albeit as a mostly unsupported fork if these asshats have anything to do with it: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/mysterious-group-bitpico-threatens-to-execute-segwit2x-hard-fork/

With only 30% of supporters from the original numbers? I don't think that it will be that successful
and this 30% are just releasing statement just to hype the people and for them to at least lessen their loss.
Theses people are those who really wants to get free money from the fork.
Da2ja3

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:01:33 AM

What i believe is that, with all this haggling back and forth, we might see a compromise to the decentralization of Bitcoin on the long run, sine there cant be a consensus among the main players in the crpto world.
Delarock

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:17:36 AM

The most probably composed majority of bitcoin miners and stake holders. I am more concerned on its price. Grin I wonder what will be the world's reaction on bitcoin if NYA really takes over its blockchain
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:57:50 AM

The most probably composed majority of bitcoin miners and stake holders. I am more concerned on its price. Grin I wonder what will be the world's reaction on bitcoin if NYA really takes over its blockchain

Segwit2x will continue but a weaker version which cannot be able to overthrow Bitcoin Core. This means Bitcoin holders will still get free money.  Grin Anyway I am not against this. Let SW2x  work their own version and see if they are really capable of launching a better version of Bitcoin.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:09:33 AM

Canceling segwit2x its a temporary phenomenon. in the future we seen step bt step new trying do BTC "better".
I am hope bitcoin core anounce something new, which can be increase network speed, and can compete with siblings forks

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:35:09 AM

With only 30% of supporters from the original numbers? I don't think that it will be that successful
and this 30% are just releasing statement just to hype the people and for them to at least lessen their loss.

I basically agree with your stance

I also think that this is no more than hype and deliberate fraud or trickery to get rid of B2X futures which have almost lost their value in a frenzied, last-ditch effort to sell a pig in a poke to bag holders. On the other hand, Bitcoin Cash when it was fist launched in early August had even less support, if I'm not mistaken, and right now it seems to be a competitor for cryptomarket domination (at least, we are made to believe so). Anyway, we have to wait just another two days to actually see how it all pans out in the end

DroidR17A

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:09:23 AM

I basically agree with your stance

I also think that this is no more than hype and deliberate fraud or trickery to get rid of B2X futures which have almost lost their value in a frenzied, last-ditch effort to sell a pig in a poke to bag holders. On the other hand, Bitcoin Cash when it was fist launched in early August had even less support, if I'm not mistaken, and right now it seems to be a competitor for cryptomarket domination (at least, we are made to believe so). Anyway, we have to wait just another two days to actually see how it all pans out in the end

The clock it ticking. We'll see how it pans out in a few hours. In the meantime, Coinbase is locking down transfers, and buy/sell functions. See Coinbase blog for details: https://blog.coinbase.com/bitcoin-segwit2x-update-b69a1c1e5ece
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 06:23:47 AM

Segwit2x will continue but a weaker version which cannot be able to overthrow Bitcoin Core. This means Bitcoin holders will still get free money.  Grin Anyway I am not against this. Let SW2x  work their own version and see if they are really capable of launching a better version of Bitcoin.

It is obviously not about Bitcoin Core anymore

SegWit2x, even unborn, had been competing with Bitcoin Cash, and the pump the latter received recently had been intended for it. If it nevertheless comes about, it will be a competition between it and Bitcoin Cash all over again. Given that Bitcoin Cash has 8M blocks while SegWit2x only 2M blocks, I don't really think it has any chance to succeed, but it is for the market to decide, of course. I'm curious whether and how soon it will be listed at major exchanges (say, Bitfinex), so I could get rid of these coins as soon as possible

The clock it ticking

Where could we see the countdown clock?

DroidR17A

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:48:00 AM

Segwit2x will continue but a weaker version which cannot be able to overthrow Bitcoin Core. This means Bitcoin holders will still get free money.  Grin Anyway I am not against this. Let SW2x  work their own version and see if they are really capable of launching a better version of Bitcoin.

SegWit2x, even unborn, had been competing with Bitcoin Cash, and the pump the latter received recently had been intended for it. If it nevertheless comes about, it will be a competition between it and Bitcoin Cash all over again. Given that Bitcoin Cash has 8M blocks while SegWit2x only 2M blocks, I don't really think it has any chance to succeed, but it is for the market to decide, of course. I'm curious whether and how soon it will be listed at major exchanges (say, Bitfinex), so I could get rid of these coins as soon as possible

The clock it ticking

No countdown timers to my knowledge, the group behind it (BitPico) is virtually unknown, have no website, a scarce Twitter profile, yet claim to hold 30% of the mining power. According the Coinbase blog, it's supposed to happen at 6am to 8am tomorrow (morning of the 17th).
Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:31:23 AM

Segwit2x will continue but a weaker version which cannot be able to overthrow Bitcoin Core. This means Bitcoin holders will still get free money.  Grin Anyway I am not against this. Let SW2x  work their own version and see if they are really capable of launching a better version of Bitcoin.

The clock it ticking

No countdown timers to my knowledge, the group behind it (BitPico) is virtually unknown, have no website, a scarce Twitter profile, yet claim to hold 30% of the mining power. According the Coinbase blog, it's supposed to happen at 6am to 8am tomorrow (morning of the 17th).

morning, according to what time zone?
DroidR17A

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:13:24 PM

Their blog post didn't specify, but I'd assume East Coast. Should be done by now. Now we'll just have to wait and see if it has support.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: