Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:30:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Machine  (Read 1002 times)
skhan855 (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:37:15 PM

Hi,
I am a newbie, have read several post and confused in buying my first machine.

I am looking to buy a machine. I have 1100-1500 Watt available. My plan is to go up-to 30,000 watts in near future.
Which machine I should go for?

There are many in list.

Valuable suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards
Salman
skhan855 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:52:54 PM

Hi
So I am going for Antminer S9. Is it a good decission?

vh

Activity: 699
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:22:34 PM

Hi

If it arrives functional from the start and works perfectly for 6 months, then it's not a bad choice.

http://mining.tipsternet.com/miner.html

realproject

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:34:19 PM

Hi

have pm for you.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:46:52 PM

Hi

Miner s9 is i think the best choice than the other mining hardware. they are some  other miner like avalon or Spondoolies but its not profitable to choose them unless if you have a free electricity you can choose those hardware for alternative and cheap price..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:58:23 AM

Hi

it's really depend on your cost of electricity, but for now it's not  abad investment the price of bitcoin is very high, your roi should be fast enough, at worst you can sell it after 3 months get back your money

skhan855 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:06:53 PM

Hi,
Suppliers in China says it needs to be pre-ordered for July / Aug shipment !!!!!!

Any idea why is it so?

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:07:29 PM

There are (as of last time I checked) a total of 3 foundries that make "current node" chips at the 14/16nm state of the art for production ICs.

Global Foundries, due to long-term contracts set up when it was created, has most of it's capacity tied up by AMD and IBM.
 TSMC has a lot or most of it's capacity tied up by NVidia and some of the smartphone makers (but not Samsung).
 Samsung has most of it's capasity tied up by internal usage + some Nvidia work (GTX 1050/1050 ti GPUs are made there).

This means that SMALL chip "makers" like Bitmain have to work with the "leftovers", which greatly limits how many chips they CAN get made.

There is also a lead time between when an order is accepted and when the chips are delivered, commonly measured in weeks or MONTHS - this seems to be noticeably longer on the "current node" due at least in part to the capacity being maxed out.

Bitmain sells and delivers batches WHEN IT CAN GET THE CHIPS - and sells pre-orders in-between those times for the "next batch".

IMO the T9 is a better choice than the S9 - seems to be more reliable, since they're not trying to push the chip to it's limits nearly as hard.
 Tradeoff is that it's less efficient - but it seems to still be more efficient than any non-Bitmain solution to date, abet not by a lot.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: