Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:15:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL 6 May 2013 ASIC Update  (Read 23286 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:33:13 PM

Another useful BFL thread ruined by trolls.
Are there no mods?

I am use to a forum with over 10,000 active members, where mods would have deleted half the posts in this thread in seconds as off topic or abusive.

I have most of them ignored, what gets me is the retards who quote them.

going by your name you might be happy to ignore everyone!!  Tongue

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:20:46 AM

I think this Project is and was for BFL too much ...

Orderded tons of "minirigs" boxes without any protoyp
ordered much boards without Chips ...
ordered Chips without knowing how it works and lost 5000 Chips ( 5 Wafer )

and now they get results to hot ... = new boards ... = new Boxes ... = new Design ... = new Price ...= New Boxes again .... =

This is indeed the very scary part for all of us preorder customers. With ASIC Miner starting to ship consumer units, and Avalon firing up the next batch, BFL needs to get their shit in order very soon, or they risk collapse from bad PR and complete loss of faith and confidence.

We're facing the possible reality that all our money will be lost not because BFL was a ponzi scheme, but because they were just that incompetent at pulling this ASIC project off, and ran out of money before they were able to resolve their problems and regain confidence from the community.

The people that lose their money if that happens is their own fault. I've said it myself over a dozen times to get refunds from BFL months and months ago. If the pre-order customer didn't request it and they lost their money they were so warned.

Oh man... you are such a WIZARD and obviously WAY smarter than about 99% of the people... IN THE WORLD.  

now that I am done with the sarcasm, I'd say "No shit Sherlock".  I am someone with a Sept 1st order.. and I'll still be keeping my order.  Anyone who ordered that early took a gamble.  If people are so stupid that they need someone like YOU to tell them that then this community is full of idiots.  Unless a company has stock in hand, and is known to be shipping the product with no issues, and you ORDER from said company, you are taking a gamble.  People who ordered batch 1 of Avalon, were taking just as big of a gamble.  You choose your horse, then you ride it out.  Avalon won.. and those people picked the right horse, but people shouldn't be such pompous jerks to say "BFL is a scam.. get a refund!".  You don't have to say anything a DOZEN times.. that's 11 too many.  Just say what you want once, then let it play out.  The second that BFL's shops close down, don't return money, and all the people responsible move to South America... you can say "I told you so."  You have to be a supertroll to say "I told you so" to something that hasn't happened yet.

What happens if BFL ships (In greater quantity) and people receive their devices and gain any kind of profit?  I assume people like you will just create some other reason why they were still right... right?  If we are taking bets on the future, I'd bet you won't say a word about being wrong if it ends up that BFL actually becomes some sort of success.  

..but then again.. keep talking people out of their preorders.  Hopefully that means I'll skip ahead of line by a little bit.  If they don't ship.. oh well.  It would suck, but people shouldn't be gambling with money they can't afford to lose.

Sir, a supertroll would not say what you imagine...

A SUPER Troll would say, invest MOar and Deeper into BFL. Sell yours kids stuff, their college funds, your own college tuition, your dogs vet money, your mortgage payment (hell, take out a second mortgage!), etc....then stuff it into BFL.

A SUPER Troll knows/thinks that BFL will fail to ship and will take all their customers with them. Thereby knocking them right out of the market and trapping them (the customer) in a financial limbo.

That is what a true super troll would do and say. Good thing no one here is a SUPER Troll. Please invest wisely and very carefully. Wait for news on their new packaged chips due to arrive today. *Jinx*

Maybe I should tone down my TROLLINESS? Damn you basically described me lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

poobah

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:23:11 AM

For the love of god...
Does every single BFL thread have to degenerate into a troll mud slinging free for all?

I have an early July order with BFL, and look in to see if there is any new news here, and by and large I have to wade through pages and pages of utter nonsense to find 1 or 2 meaningful messages. It is ridiculous.

And yes, it may say newbie by my name, but I have been lurking here for years... I remember when Inaba was a 'respected member of the community' and how everyone was so happy that he was going to represent us and visit BFL to verify that their FPGA product wasn't a scam...

And, quite frankly, anyone considering a BFL ASIC pre-order should have known or researched the BFL FPGA debacle. Heck, i was pretty convinced that their FPGA thing was scam back then. When I made the ASIC order, I was confident it would be late, use more power (or have some other metric missing spec), but eventually be shipped. It's a calculated risk, and it has been fairly accurate.

Yes, they have made statements that weren't accurate, yes their ASIC product missed their power estimate, yes, they still are not shipping in quantity, yes, Josh seems to be missing the customer service gene, yes they are a ridiculously horrible company.....  We know. We get it, you do NOT need to pollute every last BFL thread with Josh clown pictures.

They've had my money for 10 months, I'm not exactly excited about it, but trolling on about in the forums won't make my ASIC get here any faster.

/rant
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:33:23 AM

For the love of god...
Does every single BFL thread have to degenerate into a troll mud slinging free for all?

I have an early July order with BFL, and look in to see if there is any new news here, and by and large I have to wade through pages and pages of utter nonsense to find 1 or 2 meaningful messages. It is ridiculous.

And yes, it may say newbie by my name, but I have been lurking here for years... I remember when Inaba was a 'respected member of the community' and how everyone was so happy that he was going to represent us and visit BFL to verify that their FPGA product wasn't a scam...

And, quite frankly, anyone considering a BFL ASIC pre-order should have known or researched the BFL FPGA debacle. Heck, i was pretty convinced that their FPGA thing was scam back then. When I made the ASIC order, I was confident it would be late, use more power (or have some other metric missing spec), but eventually be shipped. It's a calculated risk, and it has been fairly accurate.

Yes, they have made statements that weren't accurate, yes their ASIC product missed their power estimate, yes, they still are not shipping in quantity, yes, Josh seems to be missing the customer service gene, yes they are a ridiculously horrible company.....  We know. We get it, you do NOT need to pollute every last BFL thread with Josh clown pictures.

They've had my money for 10 months, I'm not exactly excited about it, but trolling on about in the forums won't make my ASIC get here any faster.

/rant

I beg to differ. Anyone who doesn't know those things you listed about about BFL NEED TO KNOW. So as long as BFL has not finished shipping all queued up orders I will keep repeating myself so that those who are thinking about investing with BFL will THINK TWICE before sending a fucking dime to those scum bags.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:38:08 AM

For the love of god...

Yes, they have made statements that weren't accurate, yes their ASIC product missed their power estimate, yes, they still are not shipping in quantity, yes, Josh seems to be missing the customer service gene, yes they are a ridiculously horrible company.....  We know. We get it, you do NOT need to pollute every last BFL thread with Josh clown pictures.

/rant

Sorry, bud, you're wrong.

For every single person tired of seeing a BFL rant, maybe 5 others become informed of BFL's reputation by way of these constant shitstorms.

This is the purpose of a forum and a collective response resulting in the formation of the entity in question's reputation.

Just because you are bored reading this stuff doesn't make it any less important.  Rather than wishing to control content in these threads why not pick up a hobby or something that interests you?  Because your premise is entirely self centered.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:16:20 PM

Where are the chips they yesterday arrived ? Any news or delay again ?
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:20:29 PM

may they will only ship during their 1 year anniversary.. is only a couple of more months anyway Grin
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:22:33 PM

may they will only ship during their 1 year anniversary.. is only a couple of more months anyway Grin

sure but i want celebrate any date from BFL if they hold one....
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:22:49 PM

... but trolling on about in the forums won't make my ASIC get here any faster.

For you it's already too late.

But maybe we can save some innocent souls from pressing the "pre order now" button.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
hexed

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:34:59 PM

I am someone with a Sept 1st order.. and I'll still be keeping my order.  Anyone who ordered that early took a gamble.  If people are so stupid that they need someone like YOU to tell them that then this community is full of idiots.

Easy there Mister Twelve-Posts Newbie... I guess that makes me the biggest idiot in this thread for having two June 25th 2012 pre-orders for Single SC 60 GHs units and still having hope that I'll eventually see something arrive on my door-step.

No sir.. you are misreading my post.  You even quoted it.  I have a Sept order, and I am keeping my order.  The point of the statement was to say, that people who preordered took a gamble... or a risk.  It is still a calculated risk, just like any other gamble, but it IS a risk.  People don't need to see 1 person saying something a dozen times.   That doesn't help anyone.  In fact, when 1 person says something 12 times, it dilutes the effectiveness and makes them look like a whiney troll.  If 12 people say it one time, it seems more legit and carries weight.  People considering a preorder need to see it, but they SHOULD be doing their homework when making such a purchase.  If they do even 30 minutes of looking up BFL in this forum they will easily find the info they are looking for even without certain people repeating themselves over and over and over.  More specifically the people who act like a pompous jerk about it. Hell, one of the titles in the forum is "BFL fucks us over again." Anyone who does not do their due diligence before spending this type of money on a preorder is either an idiot, or that damn rich that they don't care about the money.

As far as me.. I still certainly have hope.  People call me and others like me an idiot, but I did my homework.  I knew when I put in my order that BFL would NEVER ship on time (October).  I certainly didn't foresee them taking a whole year but what can you do?  In fact, I feel there is a VERY good possibility we will still see our orders on our doorsteps.  Now I'd say I'm 50/50 on whether or not that will be in the next month or two.  But like I said... that is the gamble.  Put all your chips in one company and not the other is always a risk.  If I would have had the cash, I would have invested in BFL and Avalon batch#1. 

And no.. people with twelve posts aren't newbies.  They just post less.  Been reading this forum daily since I got into bitcoining which was about this time last year.
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:49:41 PM

If you bought GPUs a year ago instead of this scam stuff, and mined BTC, LTC and all the other alt coins out there you probably would have made more than a frikkin Miningrig will get you from when it is delivered until the end of time.

This is true for my case, i traded a friend some nvidias for radeon 6900s Nov of last year.

I can just about to afford their 25 ghash unit.

Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:51:02 PM

No sir.. you are misreading my post.  You even quoted it.  I have a Sept order, and I am keeping my order.  The point of the statement was to say, that people who preordered took a gamble... or a risk.  It is still a calculated risk, just like any other gamble, but it IS a risk.  People don't need to see 1 person saying something a dozen times.   That doesn't help anyone.  In fact, when 1 person says something 12 times, it dilutes the effectiveness and makes them look like a whiney troll.  If 12 people say it one time, it seems more legit and carries weight.  People considering a preorder need to see it, but they SHOULD be doing their homework when making such a purchase.  If they do even 30 minutes of looking up BFL in this forum they will easily find the info they are looking for even without certain people repeating themselves over and over and over.  More specifically the people who act like a pompous jerk about it. Hell, one of the titles in the forum is "BFL fucks us over again." Anyone who does not do their due diligence before spending this type of money on a preorder is either an idiot, or that damn rich that they don't care about the money.

As far as me.. I still certainly have hope.  People call me and others like me an idiot, but I did my homework.  I knew when I put in my order that BFL would NEVER ship on time (October).  I certainly didn't foresee them taking a whole year but what can you do?  In fact, I feel there is a VERY good possibility we will still see our orders on our doorsteps.  Now I'd say I'm 50/50 on whether or not that will be in the next month or two.  But like I said... that is the gamble.  Put all your chips in one company and not the other is always a risk.  If I would have had the cash, I would have invested in BFL and Avalon batch#1. 

And no.. people with twelve posts aren't newbies.  They just post less.  Been reading this forum daily since I got into bitcoining which was about this time last year.

I agree with this 100%
hexed

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:12:34 PM

For the love of god...

/rant

For every single person tired of seeing a BFL rant, maybe 5 others become informed of BFL's reputation by way of these constant shitstorms.

This is the purpose of a forum and a collective response resulting in the formation of the entity in question's reputation.

Just because you are bored reading this stuff doesn't make it any less important.  Rather than wishing to control content in these threads why not pick up a hobby or something that interests you?  Because your premise is entirely self centered.

Sorry, bud, you're wrong, but right at the same time somehow.

Your stats are not real stats.  For every person tired of seeing BFL rants, 5 other are now informed.. now that may be true.  but you continued to say "by way of these shitstorms" which falsifies the whole thing.  When someone rants about BFL, the newbies thinking about a preorder and doing their due diligence will see it, and will become informed.  Everyone is allowed to rant.  Hell I see no reason not to rant from time to time.  Look who is their Director of communications.  But seeing it from the same 10 people in 20 different threads (made up stats) is doing one of two things:

1.  This means a person researching this possible purchase will be bombarded with 200 rants from 10 people.  It looses its effectiveness.  Silly childish rants with silly photoshops from the same people over and over is not doing anyone any good. 

2.  It also means that the people who are "shitstorming" their BFL hate feel like they HAVE to pound it in someone's head in order for them to get the picture?  Pretty much means that they think these people not intelligent enough, and makes this forum look like shit.  This is absolutely not what you want which brings me to your next point.

Quote from: meowmeowbrowncow
"This is the purpose of a forum and a collective response resulting in the formation of the entity in question's reputation."

That is certainly 1 of the purposes of a forum and if it is to defend having an occasional rant about BFL then you are 100% right, but what is not happening is a collective response.  It is the same small handful of people over and over spouting off their absolute HATRED for BFL and passing it off as trying to be informative.  People should be spouting off their hatred of Josh first and foremost.  He is the one who has come on here and basically abused people.  The statement from smoothie right next to your post is a prime example.

Quote from: smoothie
I will keep repeating myself so that those who are thinking about investing with BFL will THINK TWICE before sending a fucking dime to those scum bags

Absolutely not the kind of statement that do any good to new people.  If this guy would have said "Until BFL fulfills all orders up to this point, I will keep letting people know what has happened in the last 10 months and how they should think twice before gambling their money away."  THAT would have sounded like a reasonable comment.  But even if he has reasonable comments, out of the 16 posts in the past 6 pages by him , he has "warned" people 14 times.  14 times.  It doesn't matter HOW reasonable your statements are, if someone has to read it 14 times it is no longer reasonable.  That is not anywhere CLOSE to "helping people out" and more on the lines of basically being EXACTLY like Josh.  Just constantly poking a stick into people and spouting off hate. 

People who do this are the self centered ones.  Even worse that they claim they are just helping the people.  Say your piece and move one. 
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:29:04 PM

you do NOT need to pollute every last BFL thread with Josh clown pictures.

I need to respectfully disagree. I would take it a step further and argue there are not enough variations of photos of Josh with a clown-nose.

The man did it entirely to himself.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:38:57 PM

you do NOT need to pollute every last BFL thread with Josh clown pictures.

I need to respectfully disagree. I would take it a step further and argue there are not enough variations of photos of Josh with a clown-nose.

The man did it entirely to himself.

+1 I am awaiting version two of Josh with clown-nose.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

poobah

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:06:57 PM

When I see a person on any forum, thread crap on multiple threads with the same saw, I instantly classify them as someone with an axe to grind. In any BFL thread there are 4 or 5 posters who are guaranteed to show up and spout off about BFL. Such behavior only makes rational people discount your opinion.

Interesting that you choose to call me names and tell me to get a hobby, rather than address this issue, which is the god awful signal-to-noise ratio in any BFL thread.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:13:33 PM

When I see a person on any forum, thread crap on multiple threads with the same saw, I instantly classify them as someone with an axe to grind. In any BFL thread there are 4 or 5 posters who are guaranteed to show up and spout off about BFL. Such behavior only makes rational people discount your opinion.

Lots of people don't like scams and scammers.  For my part, I think it hurts the ecosystem and my stake in it.

I also think it is a lot of fun to see the various comic material that people generate.  I come back to these threads for that more than anything, then sometimes cannot resist making some comment or another.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:25:42 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2013, 11:44:16 PM by smoothie

Just because you are bored reading this stuff doesn't make it any less important.  Rather than wishing to control content in these threads why not pick up a hobby or something that interests you?  Because your premise is entirely self centered.

Interesting that you choose to call me names and tell me to get a hobby, rather than address this issue, which is the god awful signal-to-noise ratio in any BFL thread.

I think anyone who just registers a forum account profile less than 30 days ago and starts defending BFL in any manner is QUESTIONABLE as a possible BFL shill or sockpuppet.

Oh and rational to you is not the same as it would be to me. But that is why we are different.

Name:   poobah
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   April 27, 2013, 11:14:14 PM

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

peetah

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:31:11 PM

Do they have shill tags for threads?
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:58:01 AM

+1 I am awaiting version two of Josh with clown-nose.

Well, I'm no pro, but this is all I got. Josh overseeing a new delivery of fans from China, to be used in the new Minirig redesigns.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: