Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Commercial Mining Hardware  (Read 2408 times)
kritment (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:48:36 AM

Hey Guys,
I need some help, we are bunch of investors interested in setting up a commercial mining setup. We have a lot of prime land available and enough expertise to get a data center, networks, security etc to get this up and running. We are looking to invest close to 2 mil into this venture. There is however one thing I need some guidance on, so any help will he high appreciated.
We need to help in procuring or talking to companies/people that sell commercial mining equipment. I am not talking about about the Antminers, Dominators etc, stuff that we can buy in server rack forms so we can scale up well and quickly.
Any pointers thanks, happy to even hire someone as a consultant who has a previous background with commercial mining.
thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:53:34 AM

Email Bitfury...they only deal with BIG BIG customers  Wink

Fly over to Russia, throw some cash around & act REALLY rich!!!! You'll be mining in no time  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 01:15:05 PM

Actually Bitfury is located in Georgia.

They do have some good large-scale solutions to offer.

Blockbox IC (immersion cooling)
http://bitfury.com/products#container-datacenter

Blockbox AC (air cooling)
http://bitfury.com/products#blockbox-ac

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:47:34 PM

Bitfury's miners are pretty damn expensive, though, and nobody really knows if they have even built any yet to sell. The traditional approach is to go to Bitmain and ask for a quantity discount and buy from them, but you can also see what Btifury has to offer.

(In response to Unacceptable) You're probably thinking about Hotmine and their blades that they sell.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:37:46 PM

More likely OP was thinking of Spondoolies, but they died - very few other folks around that made rack-mount miners EVER, and I'm pretty sure BitFury is the last one standing.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
kritment (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:11:02 PM

Thanks Gents, Unacceptable, HagssFIN, leowonderful and QuintLeo
Much appreciate your replies... Bitfury it is sounds like it..
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:13:34 PM

Thanks Gents, Unacceptable, HagssFIN, leowonderful and QuintLeo
Much appreciate your replies... Bitfury it is sounds like it..

Let us know how it goes!!  Wink  Curious as to what their newest miners are,maybe a pic or two at least  Wink

You may have to sign a NDA so if we don't hear back we will understand  Sad

Stay clear of Bitmain,unless you get in writing that they will repair free of charge or something to that effect,their miners are now bottom barrel kinda  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
GiuBit

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:16:12 PM

I asked bitfury information to have a quantity of 500 chips at 16 nm, but they replied that the minimum order quantity is $ 500,000 !!!!!

Is absurd!  Angry Angry Cheesy
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:55:52 PM

I asked bitfury information to have a quantity of 500 chips at 16 nm, but they replied that the minimum order quantity is $ 500,000 !!!!!

Is absurd!  Angry Angry Cheesy

Why exactly is it absurd that a private company sells what they want to whom they want for whatever price they want?

Simple supply and demand at work here. 
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:22:04 AM

Does Bitfury even have a power competitive solutions these days?

I notice their network share has dropped from ~10 at the start of the month to around 2% today.  That doesn't look healthy.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:17:14 PM

I notice their network share has dropped from ~10 at the start of the month to around 2% today.  That doesn't look healthy.

They demoed a current-gen competative chip BEFORE Bitmain announced the S9 - but they've been very slow getting it to market for some reason.
 It's likely they've been doing big deals behind the scenes to their long-running BIG FARM partners like MegaBigPower AKA Gigawatt, and some Bitfury-based 3'd party miners HAVE started showing up recently.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:54:25 PM

They demoed a current-gen competative chip BEFORE Bitmain announced the S9 - but they've been very slow getting it to market for some reason.
 It's likely they've been doing big deals behind the scenes to their long-running BIG FARM partners like MegaBigPower AKA Gigawatt, and some Bitfury-based 3'd party miners HAVE started showing up recently.

Interesting.  Do you have any idea why their pool share has dropped off so dramatically?

Everything I can find suggest the their current chip is ~35% less power efficient than Bitmain's gear.  Unless their cost per Th/s is significantly lower that isn't even in the game at this stage.  It really sucks because it seems that we are back to a monopoly situation on hardware.  I wish Intel would sell the hardware they built a few years ago.  Or one of the other players would step in.  It seems there is a nearly $1B market out there now.  Somebody should be in the game.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:50:40 AM

Anything Intel built a few years ago would NOT be competative in the current market.

The BitFury *chip* was demoed to be capable of being more efficient than the BitMain *chip* - but at a very low hashrate.
 I suspect BitFury has been selling them to large farms as opposed to using the things themselves, or they are using them but have limits on how many they CAN use due to power limits at their farm(s).

BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:37:06 PM

Hey Guys,
I need some help, we are bunch of investors interested in setting up a commercial mining setup. We have a lot of prime land available and enough expertise to get a data center, networks, security etc to get this up and running. We are looking to invest close to 2 mil into this venture. There is however one thing I need some guidance on, so any help will he high appreciated.
We need to help in procuring or talking to companies/people that sell commercial mining equipment. I am not talking about about the Antminers, Dominators etc, stuff that we can buy in server rack forms so we can scale up well and quickly.
Any pointers thanks, happy to even hire someone as a consultant who has a previous background with commercial mining.
thanks

Welcome to the new High Tech Global Arms race. Currently ASIC hardware is sold out with all three of the reputable manufacturers and Pre-Order is the only option. It is seemingly impossible to buy 8-10 of the newest rigs let alone $1m worth. Very frustrating. In all likelihood, once the manufacturers have spooled up to meet demand, difficulty rates will change the game board dramatically. There is one seller on Amazon, ( reputable being the critical phrase here ) who is selling the L3+ for $6,000.00!! He'll probably sell those out to.....

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
fanatic26

Merit: 560

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:22:31 PM

I am not talking about about the Antminers, Dominators etc, stuff that we can buy in server rack forms so we can scale up well and quickly.
thanks

I think you are lacking a basic understanding of the current state of hardware, mining datacenter layout, and mining in general. The devices you mentioned ARE commercial mining equipment. A mining datacenter has little if nothing to do with a traditional datacenter build/layout. There are no current generation miners being mass produced that are rack mountable. There are people on this forum selling custom rack mount boxes you can place the miners inside of but that will greatly add to your cost and most likely cause cooling problems unless you are using air conditioning. If you are planning on using air conditioning you should just stop with this idea right now as you will quickly bankrupt yourself building the wrong kind of datacenter for what you are trying to accomplish. If you are serious about this and would like to discuss a path forward feel free to reach out to me via PM. I have more commercial mining experience than most everyone on this site.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: