Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:28:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin to be released soon.  (Read 36609 times)
robotrebellion

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:08:33 PM

I really hope this works out.
Equality

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:08:32 PM

perhaps after you finish the coin you should make an announcement that you will be releasing it in a week or two weeks from that day. and give a certain date and time.
NickCoin

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:19:10 PM

If this project is for real, at last my power costs will go to some good course, beyond heating our apartment atm (it's winter here in the Southern hemisphere!)
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:59:23 PM

Why such a hate? Of course if you really make it happen for a good purpose I will hand it over. No problem.

The OP is a really hateful anti-social individual. Quite sad as this could have been quite interesting. I hope this comes to nothing and someone that's actually remotely likable takes over (so don't hand over the domain).

What makes me a really hateful person for wanting to make a FAIR release of a coin that is designed to support finding cures for deadly painful diseases???

wachtwoord, you will have to try to understand that i had no idea you are only owning 1 6000 series card. with the questions you were asking and the amount of posts you have, i figured you must have a room full of computers ready to instamine. Can we call a truce on this? Obviously a person with only one card is not going to destroy my coin. You have to understand, there is a line of people waiting for every coin with the bad intention of pump and dump style coin destruction. I made the mistake of guessing you were one of those high power miners.

I think you confuse where my hate lies. I hate drug companies for ripping us off. I hate the actions of most world governments. I also highly dislike pump n dump coins.

I especially hate that I know if this coin is not released properly, it will be raped like the rest of them.. so starting difficulty is going to end up being quite high. And absolutely no early adopter bonuses.

On another note, Im making some progress, and will be in contact with some experts in this field to make sure this launch is fair, stable, and trustworthy.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 07:01:19 PM

Nice!!

Will it be possible to mine this sustainably on a dual core laptop? Now that would be cool  Cool

Yes, CPU's do a pretty nice job of folding.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:03:20 PM

Is this going to be related to folding@home or boinc? Or it will be a standalone project?
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 07:18:43 PM

Is this going to be related to folding@home or boinc? Or it will be a standalone project?

Initially I was going to focus on Folding@home. I was planning to add Bionc eventually anyways. Folding@home is dedicated to only finding cures, so I'd prefer to launch with just folding@home, and add bionc later after we make an impact on folding@home.

r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:21:26 PM

Very interesting and I hope to your support project. Smiley
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:14:49 PM

Initially I was going to focus on Folding@home. I was planning to add Bionc eventually anyways. Folding@home is dedicated to only finding cures, so I'd prefer to launch with just folding@home, and add bionc later after we make an impact on folding@home.

Then have in mind what I said in my previous post.
anti-scam

Activity: 476

COINECT

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:16:09 PM

I have some questions.

1. Will this coin have decentralization comparable to Bitcoin, Litecoin, and such?

2. Will the protein folding actually contribute in some way to the security of the network as proof-of-work, or will it solely be the hashers securing the network and "subsidizing" the folders?

3. Can your approach be adapted not only to Folding@Home, but a generalized distributed computing scheme?

4. What is the economic model of this coin? Will it be inflationary, deflationary, or attempt price stability?

5. Do you plan on introducing features beyond the protein folding in this coin?

6. Do you intend this to be used as general currency, or something more specific?

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 03:00:12 AM

I have some questions.

1. Will this coin have decentralization comparable to Bitcoin, Litecoin, and such?

2. Will the protein folding actually contribute in some way to the security of the network as proof-of-work, or will it solely be the hashers securing the network and "subsidizing" the folders?

3. Can your approach be adapted not only to Folding@Home, but a generalized distributed computing scheme?

4. What is the economic model of this coin? Will it be inflationary, deflationary, or attempt price stability?

5. Do you plan on introducing features beyond the protein folding in this coin?

6. Do you intend this to be used as general currency, or something more specific?

1. Since work units are distributed through universities, or eventually any other distributed research network, there is no way around some level centralization.

2. Protien folding will not effect the blockchain. hashers will secure the blockchain (confirm in previous post). Hashers will be sharing a portion measured by bench marking hardware of similar value.

3. Yes, the popular demand for Bionc (and others) added to this might not be far away.

4. I think what you asking is about : difficulty rises will be similar to other coins, but not as extreme, and the starting difficulty and retargets designed to prevent huge swings in difficulty. If this isnt what your after , sorry, i try to study many fields but economics bores the hell out of me. Thats why im listening closely to the economists giving me advice about this.

5. Yes, Bionc and others are a future plan, but its much easier to start with one and see how well it works.

6. If it is used as currency i think is up to the people that hold them, just like other crypto coins. Remember, even bitcoin was only supposed to an experiment but now has a value of ~ 100 +.

This of course is not the typical coin many of you would think ideal, but it is for a purpose. It is likely the coins will hold some value. Being able to get rewarded with crypto coins instead of just points should be enough for people to try it. Im sure some people will stick to completely decentralized crypto, but as we have seen, a lot of people are waiting for a chance to mine coins that encourage the advancement of hopefully finding cures.

Just like the original bitcoin, this is of course experimental, so know one really knows how it will turn out. The only way to find out is to try. If it is a flop, the we hopefully figure out what went wrong, and make curecoin 2.0

Im contacted medical students at 3 universities to spread the word about the project, in about 2 days ill have a dedicated website where i hope to see many med students, bitcoin enthusiasts and maybe some professors join the discussion of curecoin.

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 03:21:15 AM

Watching this thread, its a great idea and something that i would be proud to mine.  Grin

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 04:41:28 AM

Forum for curecoin
http://curecoin.info/index.php

I set it up quickly and just put in some necessary bot protection. If you have an issue joining let me know.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 06:52:11 AM

BOINC = open source

F@H = closed client

Also, this^^^

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:15:38 AM

I am sure this was asked, but...

When about is this going to be launched? I don't need exact time, but maybe weeks, months?

BTC: 16MZAq1ogFoMskBXgvDkCFdACsXaGiRPfM LTC: LUVnnG5DJY3bs4h7o1SThZVyjurUTuaa23
PPC: P9K354LGkHaZioQfwn6yhg81K5LhBzpPwC FTC: 729uZ2hAY11nZz81eafvnQpvZknxky7Lbt
PWC: pAKN6fJXGErJ7KqWgSfrdpuw6cYpjdM5rk
anti-scam

Activity: 476

COINECT

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:27:18 PM

1. Since work units are distributed through universities, or eventually any other distributed research network, there is no way around some level centralization.

Will this centralization only extend to the provisioning of the work units, or will the management of accounts and balances also be centralized? How are the rewards for folding handled from a technical perspective? Is it simply one private key held by whoever controls the folding that has the ability to inject an arbitrary amount of coins into the system as a reward? Will there be a trust-fee way for users to verify from a global perspective that coins are only being rewarded specifically for folding and not simply being created out of thin air?

2. Protien folding will not effect the blockchain. hashers will secure the blockchain (confirm in previous post). Hashers will be sharing a portion measured by bench marking hardware of similar value.

What incentive is there for hashers to not just eventually kick the folders out of the blockchain? They don't do anything to secure it but do take away rewards that could go to the hashers. It sounds like you have an incentive problem.

Since the system is already fairly centralized, do you even need a blockchain?

3. Yes, the popular demand for Bionc (and others) added to this might not be far away.

Assuming the system is opened up to general distributed computation, will anybody be able to send out work units to be used for generating CureCoins or will you have to register with a centralized entity to do so? How do you intend on keeping the varied participants in this scheme honest?

4. I think what you asking is about : difficulty rises will be similar to other coins, but not as extreme, and the starting difficulty and retargets designed to prevent huge swings in difficulty. If this isnt what your after , sorry, i try to study many fields but economics bores the hell out of me. Thats why im listening closely to the economists giving me advice about this.

What I was asking is how many CureCoins will there be, and how quickly will they be generated?

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
clownengineering

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:53:57 PM

Will this centralization only extend to the provisioning of the work units, or will the management of accounts and balances also be centralized? How are the rewards for folding handled from a technical perspective? Is it simply one private key held by whoever controls the folding that has the ability to inject an arbitrary amount of coins into the system as a reward? Will there be a trust-fee way for users to verify from a global perspective that coins are only being rewarded specifically for folding and not simply being created out of thin air?

What incentive is there for hashers to not just eventually kick the folders out of the blockchain? They don't do anything to secure it but do take away rewards that could go to the hashers. It sounds like you have an incentive problem.

Since the system is already fairly centralized, do you even need a blockchain?

Assuming the system is opened up to general distributed computation, will anybody be able to send out work units to be used for generating CureCoins or will you have to register with a centralized entity to do so? How do you intend on keeping the varied participants in this scheme honest?

What I was asking is how many CureCoins will there be, and how quickly will they be generated?

You're pretending like CureCoin is anything but a half-baked and poorly-thought-through idea that borders on scam territory. I don't think the OP has any idea about your questions. None of the idea, as written in the first post, makes any sense.
heatgsm

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:47:15 AM

I`ll tell you what`s the cure for cancer and other stuff that bothers humanity today, and I quote "You are what you eat" . Already billions of dollars have been thrown at the situation for decades and nothing; do you thing Big Pharma is there to make you better!? Think again ...  
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:40:47 AM

Eliminate the excessive need for high power mining by using some of that power to fold proteins.

-Scrypt Algo

Seems a contradiction here.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:36:50 PM

OP ignored all my questions in the thread.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀