Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:03:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We can't buy something with Bitcoin quickly  (Read 5988 times)
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:05:36 PM

Bitcoin transaction may based on trust if you want to do quick transaction but other else , you need put huge fee for high priority if they insist .
As I know bitcoin may be slower to get confirm so for who want to accept bitcoin as their transaction may think twice

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:35:27 PM

In this time,bitcoin is not convenient to use for daily expense
It's like gold,you are not spend gold to buy some trivial need
Maybe in the future,after the problem of long transaction and high fees has been solved,we can use it for daily matters

Bitcoin is another type of digital currency. It would be possible that we can buy something quickly if all stores in our country accept bitcoin. But there's a solution if other stores don't accept it, you need to convert it first into fiat currency for you to be able to buy something that you want with no worries. Its nice to hear that sooner or later, all stores or even in the market would accept bitcoin. But it took some years to approve.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:45:11 PM

For exemple, I go to a coffee shop, I buy a coffee, then I pay with Bitcoin, we have to wait for a confirmation, no? or the merchant will just trust me if I show my wallet?
How can we be sure that it's not a double spent transaction or something else?

There are some ways for both of you not to wait, one of them is if you both are coinbase users, if so then when you transfer bitcoin there is no need for any confirmation as it is instant since the coins are moved inside the same company. Another way is using BitGo but don't know if this applies to clients too, in this case in a coffee shop!
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:35:39 AM

For exemple, I go to a coffee shop, I buy a coffee, then I pay with Bitcoin, we have to wait for a confirmation, no? or the merchant will just trust me if I show my wallet?

They wont need that if they really know bitcoin.
It is not like Paypal that you could take it back. Once a transaction is in process it is good to go.
If only I got that business I would offer a bitcoin payment.
And as long you paid the right price it is good to go.
I dont even need your information because nothing bad would happen.
Hm? glerand, you said as if there were not any "Double spend" happened. If real shops do accept Bitcoin without any confirmation, some people will use that to do bad things. I think there should be some rules about Bitcoin fees, some minimum fees should be asked to make sure the payments will arrive.
Not possible, even at this point where the fees have gotten lowered somewhat, the truth is the fee you need to pay for a fast confirmation is simply too high, it could be possible the fee results to be higher than whatever you are trying to buy in the first place.
3lij4hB

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:48:30 AM

The reasons businesses trust PayPal and Creadit Cards are mainly two: a. Backup/Insurance, and b. you can almost always track it back.
Both are not accepted in the culture if Bitcoin (anonymous transactions).

The solution in my opinion may be indirect by creating a wallet service (Like PayPal but for Bitcoins) which can link an ID / Alternative payment and provide a security net for businesses. This wallet needs only to confirm that it has the requested amount and assure that it will or already have sent the requested amount to the destination wallet. This will take only a few seconds.

This, however, if have a conflict with the "spirit of BTC".
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:52:43 AM

They wont need that if they really know bitcoin.
It is not like Paypal that you could take it back. Once a transaction is in process it is good to go.
If only I got that business I would offer a bitcoin payment.
And as long you paid the right price it is good to go.
I dont even need your information because nothing bad would happen.
Hm? glerand, you said as if there were not any "Double spend" happened. If real shops do accept Bitcoin without any confirmation, some people will use that to do bad things. I think there should be some rules about Bitcoin fees, some minimum fees should be asked to make sure the payments will arrive.
Not possible, even at this point where the fees have gotten lowered somewhat, the truth is the fee you need to pay for a fast confirmation is simply too high, it could be possible the fee results to be higher than whatever you are trying to buy in the first place.
As the price has increased, along with that the adoption has increased and similarly the transaction fee too increased. This becomes a big issue when more transactions get stuck on the network. So as complications increase, developers will be in search of a solution and takes a short time to rectify. Now the same is happening, the recent decrease in the transaction fee is a part of it.

sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:08:30 AM

If you really can't use the Bitcoin as practical way method of payment. This is because the wait time is the confirmation of transactions that can take hours and even days, as well as the increased transaction costs. With these issues, Bitcoin not classified as efficient mode of payment. However, in the near future, we will see some major improvements in technology Bitcoin. We will see almost instant transactions at a lower cost. . then it can't use bitcoin before waiting for confirmation Smiley
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:11:47 AM

Bitcoin transaction may based on trust if you want to do quick transaction but other else , you need put huge fee for high priority if they insist .
As I know bitcoin may be slower to get confirm so for who want to accept bitcoin as their transaction may think twice
I think every user (buyer) will not believe it with the seller especially in the world of the Internet and bitcoin where their identity is very secret. Of course they will not do the transaction with trust alone. Unless one is trusted. You can use escrow help if your bitcoin transaction wants to be safe
BCTalkaccountforsale

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:02:01 AM

At present, bitcoin has not been widely used so it is difficult to use it to pay for normal activities. Because merchants do not really trust bitcoin, they are still afraid to give us bitcoin payments.
NeilLostBitCoin

Activity: 868
Merit: 303

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 09:03:04 AM

yes at this stage. but we know that many businesses and stores are now adopting bitcoin. lets just give time for it to expand its assets. we all know that cryptocurrency is the future currency.
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:04:02 AM

I think every user (buyer) will not believe it with the seller especially in the world of the Internet and bitcoin where their identity is very secret. Of course they will not do the transaction with trust alone. Unless one is trusted. You can use escrow help if your bitcoin transaction wants to be safe

Well yeah, that's true.
It's hard if it's only based on trust.

But if we use an escrow does it mean that there'll be more fee involved, right?
yet, it's another story if the shop itself provided an escrows.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:50:28 AM

yes at this stage. but we know that many businesses and stores are now adopting bitcoin. lets just give time for it to expand its assets. we all know that cryptocurrency is the future currency.
It is the future currency but the speed of transactions are not cooperating to the current needs of a business, they need a fast and reliable currency which can execute a lot of transaction in a short period of time without encountering some of the problems that can cause for bitcoin to get degrade in trust of the users and also the business owners that accepts bitcoin.
cantika

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:04:36 AM

that's right, I agree with you. so I think real money is number one for that condition.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:18:08 AM

then that's a serious problem , it wouldn't work for a merchants like a supermarket and any other similar merchants where people come and go , transaction based on trust would never be a good thing in the real world . people would feel bitcoin wasn't useful at all. someone have to take care about this , yeah a stakeholder.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:28:46 AM

then that's a serious problem , it wouldn't work for a merchants like a supermarket and any other similar merchants where people come and go , transaction based on trust would never be a good thing in the real world . people would feel bitcoin wasn't useful at all. someone have to take care about this , yeah a stakeholder.
There are some bitcoin scaling proposals that might help bitcoin achieve faster transactions. In August 1, one of the said proposal will be implemented and will be chosen based on how many miners/pools are signalling it. After implementing the changes, we might be able to buy something with bitcoin quickly because transactions getting a confirmation might get fast again and might solve the problem of not being able to buy something quickly with bitcoin.
Celsiuss

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:33:12 AM

I have never used bitcoin in real life, but I imagine most want to wait for a confirmation, but who wants to wait 30 min or more? That's why I've never understood how people are using bitcoin in real life.

who cares
Ashbite

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:35:40 AM

In some cases we cant buy quickly with bicoins,bitcoin price is very high this is the reason,sometimes we need to spend less money for small things.i wish in future bitcoin will use in small shops also.

NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:35:47 AM

That is one of the priority concerns of bitcoin for now. The confirmation date is really an issue for bitcoin.

Well, if the coffee shop would only take your word that the btc is already sent, there would be no need to wait for confirmation really. But if not, what can we do?

This is the downside of bitcoin. What if the blockchain has a very heavy traffic at the exact time when you make payments? You will both wait until forever just for the coffee payment.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:42:35 AM

I have never used bitcoin in real life, but I imagine most want to wait for a confirmation, but who wants to wait 30 min or more? That's why I've never understood how people are using bitcoin in real life.

I think waiting for 30 minutes or more is really a big deal.  But thank God I never experienced it.  Five minutes transaction time is already long for me.  I think the factor there is the internet connection.  I do not know if the blockchain would be responsible for that.  I actually buying phone reload and even paying bills through it.  As long as I have clicked the payment button I will just wait for the confirmation.  Do not need to worry.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:43:53 AM

It was a problem which existed earlier due to high transaction fee.But now things have started changing.Transactions are now confirmed very fast with even very low fees.Situations would change more if segwit is activated on august 1st.We could then be able to buy anything quickly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: