Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:28:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We can't buy something with Bitcoin quickly  (Read 5988 times)
zeta1

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:52:28 AM

It will be based on the type of the product, which you are interested in buying and also merchant type. It takes time but, cant't wait you for long time.
snowcrashed

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:00:29 PM

For exemple, I go to a coffee shop, I buy a coffee, then I pay with Bitcoin, we have to wait for a confirmation, no? or the merchant will just trust me if I show my wallet?
How can we be sure that it's not a double spent transaction or something else?
It was a problem which existed earlier due to high transaction fee.But now things have started changing.Transactions are now confirmed very fast with even very low fees.Situations would change more if segwit is activated on august 1st.We could then be able to buy anything quickly.
Yeah I think when they start to accept Bitcoin as a payment method, they will ask buyer to send Bitcoin with a medium fee so that they can make sure that the amount of Bitcoin will arrive in their wallets.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 5956

Meh.

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:03:54 PM

One thing everyone has to realize as well is that Bitcoin was not created solely for micro transactions. There is so much more to this tech and that is one of the reasons I believe that BTC will be for savings and pairing/conifrming value and worth whereas some alt coins has it's place for being the cash of the internet serving these micro transactions.

Right now though, there's no issues at all on my end purchasing stuff with BTC. Done it quite a lot for a wide range of items, physical and digital.

Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:57:55 PM

For exemple, I go to a coffee shop, I buy a coffee, then I pay with Bitcoin, we have to wait for a confirmation, no? or the merchant will just trust me if I show my wallet?

In our technology today, there bitcoin can make transaction faster like those wallets who make fast transaction when you buy something that the problem is that they charge you with fees and the fees are very high for anyone just to waste of money in just to buy a coffee for example and the fees are so high. It doesn't really make sense, to make the fees high but they are also making money into it. I'm sure in the future it will happen and hopefully it will. Cryptocurrency will be the next big thing and it will replace our cash money what we have right now. Bitcoin has still many flows and I know someone or somewhat it can happen.
CrewKitten

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:59:10 PM

You can. Bitcoin payment is instantaneous. The problem is double-spend. But in the future it will become less of a problem.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:12:49 AM

then that's a serious problem , it wouldn't work for a merchants like a supermarket and any other similar merchants where people come and go , transaction based on trust would never be a good thing in the real world . people would feel bitcoin wasn't useful at all. someone have to take care about this , yeah a stakeholder.
There are some bitcoin scaling proposals that might help bitcoin achieve faster transactions. In August 1, one of the said proposal will be implemented and will be chosen based on how many miners/pools are signalling it. After implementing the changes, we might be able to buy something with bitcoin quickly because transactions getting a confirmation might get fast again and might solve the problem of not being able to buy something quickly with bitcoin.
but still there's no guarantee that proposal would fully approved by most miners/pools right? i mean the bitcoin blockchain could possibly splitted and it would just make another problem , instead solve it. and these issues what make people confused and a little bit doubt on bitcoin. 1 August are really a decisive moment for future of bitcoin to have a faster confirmation or to lost people interest.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
AiWanChu

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:37:10 AM

I bought some steam games with BTC.. took 15 minutes, but they only need 1 confirmation
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:57:20 AM

Just we have to wait till august 1st until segwit is activated.Then,more retailers would come forward to accept bitcoin payments since transactions would be confirmed soon.Then we would be buy any thing quickly.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:53:04 AM

Bitcoin transaction may based on trust if you want to do quick transaction but other else , you need put huge fee for high priority if they insist .
As I know bitcoin may be slower to get confirm so for who want to accept bitcoin as their transaction may think twice
Yeah right now I think 2 times if I want to use bitcoin as payment option. In addition to higher fees, as well as the confinement of bitcoin transactions slowed down. See what will happen to the future. Moreover, on August 1, something will happen to bitcoin.
BitcoinzB

Activity: 210

💰💰💰💰

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:11:01 AM

Just we have to wait till august 1st until segwit is activated.Then,more retailers would come forward to accept bitcoin payments since transactions would be confirmed soon.Then we would be buy any thing quickly.
That's not something to be assured about. segwit activation might have many different outcomes; good and bad.
But yes, if all goes well we can expect to see lower fees and faster transactions.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:24:50 AM

That's not something to be assured about. segwit activation might have many different outcomes; good and bad.
But yes, if all goes well we can expect to see lower fees and faster transactions.
Still, the SegWit is the best scaling solution we could have given the circumstances. This is the most thought over and reliable solution.
Of course, there is a possibility that something will go wrong even with the best possible code but I am much calmer knowing that SegWit and not Bugcoin Unlimited won the scaling war.
Furthermore, I want to remark that bitcoin users are always more pessimistic about everything, paranoia runs deep within bitcoin holders. Let it go.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

Yeah waiting to till August 1st is very important to us ,because after segwit bitcoin will goes to very advance currency and many people will come in bitcoin market and accept it. I am also sure after segwit people will use bitcoin very easily and many shop accept it as a payment.

btcwonder1

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 11:47:29 AM

Yes, this IS an issue with Bitcoin. The transactions are slow which can be pretty annoying especially when we need to make a quick purchase. All we can do is pray that the block size increases so that we can achieve faster transactions.

There is always more to learn about Bitcoin at www.btcwonder.com
BitcoinzB

Activity: 210

💰💰💰💰

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:52:45 AM

Still, the SegWit is the best scaling solution we could have given the circumstances. This is the most thought over and reliable solution.
Of course, there is a possibility that something will go wrong even with the best possible code but I am much calmer knowing that SegWit and not Bugcoin Unlimited won the scaling war.
Furthermore, I want to remark that bitcoin users are always more pessimistic about everything, paranoia runs deep within bitcoin holders. Let it go.
Fluctuation, paranoia and panic is what marks the bitcoin community. I've always said it, if you have heart problems better stay away from here ahah
I try not to be pessimistic but everything seems to be really unpredictable when it comes to bitcoin.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:54:55 AM

1. internet service
2. gambling
3. indian freelancers
more.....

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:55:48 AM

Yeah waiting to till August 1st is very important to us ,because after segwit bitcoin will goes to very advance currency and many people will come in bitcoin market and accept it. I am also sure after segwit people will use bitcoin very easily and many shop accept it as a payment.

Confirmation time is OK, but what will be with fees? Do you think you will pay for coffee 2 $ and fee for sending bitcoins also 2 $, that sounds like if you are buying coffee with bitcoins you will pay double price.
I don't like all the drama about 1 August, we are all talking about it, we have big hopes and dreams about activation of segwit, but how many of us really know whst will happen. Yes we have big dreams and hopes but that can disappear in a second, the more close the activation is, I'm more afraid, and except many argues on this forum about segwit, bu, and in last days anticipation of 1 August I didn't saw nothing solid to hold on, closer it is I'm more convinced that we can't say much before it happens.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:35:03 PM

So I think when they start using Bitcoin for their payments, they  will ask their customers to use a high fees to make sure that their payment will be received. What do you think?
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:05:30 PM

I have never used bitcoin in real life, but I imagine most want to wait for a confirmation, but who wants to wait 30 min or more? That's why I've never understood how people are using bitcoin in real life.

I think waiting for 30 minutes or more is really a big deal.  But thank God I never experienced it.  Five minutes transaction time is already long for me.  I think the factor there is the internet connection.  I do not know if the blockchain would be responsible for that.  I actually buying phone reload and even paying bills through it.  As long as I have clicked the payment button I will just wait for the confirmation.  Do not need to worry.
Same experience here! Whenever I use my bitcoin to buy steam points or load for my phone, I just need to wait for let's say about 10 seconds or maybe less. It really does not take that long to precess your transactions.

That's why I've never understood how people are using bitcoin in real life.

You should try to use your bitcoin once in a while so that you will somehow understand that thought of yours. Experiencing something is the fastest way to learn about it.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:05:01 PM

If you really can't use the Bitcoin as practical way method of payment. This is because the wait time is the confirmation of transactions that can take hours and even days, as well as the increased transaction costs. With these issues, Bitcoin not classified as efficient mode of payment. However, in the near future, we will see some major improvements in technology Bitcoin. We will see almost instant transactions at a lower cost. . then it can't use bitcoin before waiting for confirmation Smiley
At the moment it seem the spam on the network has diminished or has stopped completely because even the smallest fee you can pay to the miners will get to you on average a confirmation time at the moment of 4 hours which is not bad at all, but that will improve with segwit.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:11:07 PM

If you really can't use the Bitcoin as practical way method of payment. This is because the wait time is the confirmation of transactions that can take hours and even days, as well as the increased transaction costs. With these issues, Bitcoin not classified as efficient mode of payment. However, in the near future, we will see some major improvements in technology Bitcoin. We will see almost instant transactions at a lower cost. . then it can't use bitcoin before waiting for confirmation Smiley
At the moment it seem the spam on the network has diminished or has stopped completely because even the smallest fee you can pay to the miners will get to you on average a confirmation time at the moment of 4 hours which is not bad at all, but that will improve with segwit.

Yes. the spam attack has somewhat subsided and the network are now free of it resulting to fee going down a little and transaction times become quicker. I hope the attack will truly stop so that we can enjoy the faster confirmation time. With Segwit2x activation the confirmation time will be cut down to maybe minutes now so I guess those complaining that bitcoin is not suited for micro transaction will used it for online payment then because of the improvement.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: