Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:17:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS THE BEST WALLET TO MINE DIRECTLY TO please and thank you kindly  (Read 5088 times)
johndoe784r (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

Text goes here

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:15:33 AM

Hi All,

This hasn't really been explored in depth from what I can see after spending the last few hours sifting through many posts in various sections of this great forum. Needless to say I spend 99% of my time reading and 1% posting - so I thank everyone in advance for their contribution to what I feel is a much needed topic of discussion.

I would like to please get some comments/dialogue on the following queries:

1. What is the 'best' wallet to mine directly to? I'm talking about an address that doesn't change that you can point your workers to or get pool payouts sent to **Loaded question with no definitive answer I know but there are so freaking many it's insane to have to choose from all of them there must at least be a top ten list somewhere that has been thoroughly thought out and explored from every angle**. So for a top ten list I'd like to explore hardware based, app based, desktop based, online hot wallets, exchanges, just leaving the coins in the pool itself for a long period of time, others?

2. The highest level of security and most stable/long lived wallet to mine to? Two factor authentication, seeds, backing up private key to an encrypted text file, cold storage detached from the internet, etc. Obviously there has to be good security. How can you mine to a hardware wallet like the ledger or trezor without leaving it plugged in all the time? What about the issue of micro payments screwing everything up?

3. Some wallets can't handle more than one currency and others only deal with a few - so now we have to split choices depending on what exactly is being mined...  Huh I don't want to have a different wallet for every different coin I mine I want one wallet to mine a bunch of different coins to to reduce the already confusing overhead...

It seems like there are new ones coming out all the time - everyone has their favourite - there isn't one wallet that can do everything - and wallets of choice frequently come and go... Security issues pop up and then there's the whole ETH pow->pos issue coming up...

Can this community please help me out and then I will finally be able to get some sleep? These things all keep me wide awake at night...

Thanks in advance for everyone's contribution,

-jd
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:42:37 AM

I use jaxx android app, very nice.
johndoe784r (OP)

Text goes here

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:54:27 AM

https://decentral.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/227313008-Can-I-point-my-mining-rig-payouts-to-Jaxx-

Can I point my mining rig payouts to Jaxx?
Decentral   Jaxx Knowledge Base   FAQ
No, Jaxx is a lightweight wallet that is not designed to receive mining payouts. We do not recommend pointing any mining rig payouts to Jaxx as it may cause issues on your end as well as potentially causing issues on our end. One transaction sent from your pool is actually composed of several "micro-transactions" that may cause complications.If you click on the transaction ID of one of your payouts, you'll see that there's several inputs as well as outputs so it's not a simple send / receive transaction that Jaxx is designed for. Please redirect your mining payouts as soon as possible and wait for a new update to rectify this issue.

johndoe784r (OP)

Text goes here

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:56:27 AM

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@steemitguide/jaxx-security-and-exploit-allows-easy-extraction-of-the-jaxx-s-wallet-12-word-backup-phrase

"Jaxx Developers say they are ‘Very Comfortable’ with how their Wallet works, regardless of this Security Flaw"

Unauthorized access to your Device Allows Hackers to retrieve your 12-word backup phrase, Vx Labs continued, they can easily recover your wallet and steal your money

“With the 12 word backup phrase, they can later restore your wallet, including all of your private keys, on their own computers, and then proceed to transfer away all of your cryptocurrency.”
car1999

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:50:14 AM

thanks for your reminder, I'll check it.
johndoe784r (OP)

Text goes here

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:29:16 AM

hmm.. yes I like the wallet as it supports a lot of coins but wondering as well:

does anyone else regularly mine bitcoin to their jaxx account?

also, perhaps this is an easier question: what is the deal with HD wallets? The ones that automatically change their address after each transaction? Does the original address (ie. the one you point the miner to) stay the same even though the wallet shows a new receiving wallet address?

thanks in advance,

-jd
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:07:18 AM

I switched to Exodus from jaxx very nice wallet but only single addresses.

No problems with mining payments.

Your wallet is protected by password unlike jaxx that uses a pin that becomes void if you have the seed.

Btw that excuse jaxx gave is just dumb, the wallet could give 2 shits about a specific transaction, all it cares about is what is on your specific address.  Besides even IF it was true then transferring funds from an exchange would completely screw it up as those withdraws are made up of sometimes hundreds of transactions.  I think it has to do with people getting tons of payouts.

Too many excuses out of Jaxx to trust them with my money.
johndoe784r (OP)

Text goes here

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:14:07 AM

Fair enough Tmdz
 Cool
Excellent advice and thank you for the tip about exodus and one address - I will look into it right now!
fcaldas

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:04:28 AM

I lose or break my phones all the time. I would never use a phone wallet. But that's just me.

I just broke my Samsung S8+ with just 2 weeks of use Smiley
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:27:32 AM

The best advice I will give is to use secure wallets like desktop wallets (which uses your disk space to store data - secure enough) and hard wallets like ledger Nano S.
I personally use Exodus, Jaxx and many other wallets to keep my multi currency coin secure. It's not such a hassle but secure over vulnerable. Right? You don't wanna have a good night's sleep and the next day you wake up and see your coins lost for some -effin reason.
car1999

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:44:37 AM

Exodus is cool, but it doesn't support ZEC and DBG which I always mine.
I also tried Coinomi, supports lots of coins and works well too.
johndoe784r (OP)

Text goes here

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:47:15 AM

Does having a HD multi-address matter? I wouldn't want to change the pool payout addy every time - would every old address in any HD wallet work?

What about how some wallets (like Jaxx) specifically say to not mine to them?  Huh

Coinomi I must surely explore as it seems like the only reasonable multi currency option at this point with so s many coins to choose from - trying to leverage my overall portfolio and diversify :-D def more than exodus as far as options go but doesn't look as slick I wonder about the reliability and safety when comparing these two in particular?  Undecided
car1999

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:51:13 AM

Does having a HD multi-address matter? I wouldn't want to change the pool payout addy every time - would every old address in any HD wallet work?

What about how some wallets (like Jaxx) specifically say to not mine to them?  Huh

Coinomi I must surely explore as it seems like the only reasonable multi currency option at this point with so s many coins to choose from - trying to leverage my overall portfolio and diversify :-D def more than exodus as far as options go but doesn't look as slick I wonder about the reliability and safety when comparing these two in particular?  Undecided

Don't worry the multi-address, I've mined 10 days, never changed the address in my  pool setting and received coins everyday, even if the address in jaxx and Coinomi were changed multi times.
johndoe784r (OP)

Text goes here

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:53:36 AM

Great  Smiley I remember reading something about a '100 address limit' I wonder how this affects everything?
MA3A

Activity: 241

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 03:48:38 AM

Exodus is nice and its pretty well rated on various wallet reviews, not just because of a cool look but because of a security. Drawback as you mentioned is very limited number of coins.

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
johndoe784r (OP)

Text goes here

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:22:24 PM

but because of a security.

Do you know if this is strictly related to it's status as a desktop wallet meaning more control over private keys, or because of other reasons leading to high security?

I know there are some that prefer open source but then in the case of wallets half of people want open source to review the code but the other half say closed source is fine it's better if it is not open source because it may lead to people finding new attack vectors into the wallet

Thanks in advance,

-jd
MA3A

Activity: 241

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 04:38:17 AM

Exodus just added DEC in their new version, so now they support 8 coins.

- yes, because you generate AND control your private key. I am not in to a coding that much, but you can find a lot of info their website, also their support is cool.
- you are right about open source or close source, but i see no problem, as majority of problems come from users, not the code.

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
Palcinko

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:24:59 PM

Hello John Doe,

what is the conclusion of this topic. Which wallet did you choose and what do you recommend. I am facing exactly the same issue as I am going to mine with my friend and need to choose wallet for as many different coins as possible with great security.

I wanted to message you but, you are not receiving messages from newbies.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:54:42 PM

If you want to mine ETH,LTC,BCH,BTC you can use a GDAX (owned by Coinbase) wallet address. From there you trade to BTC or USD/EUR and transfer the funds to Coinbase for free, which also has cold storage available for free and all digital currency that Coinbase holds is insured. You can transfer USD to your bank account for a fee or get a Shift debit Visa card connected to your Coinbase wallet to spend the BTC with no fees.

The minimum BTC, BCH, ETH, or LTC deposit amount is 0.01 and GDAX only charges 0.30% fee on the taker of the trade. Transfers from a GDAX wallet to a Coinbase wallet are free and instant. Cash back transactions with the Shift card and purchases are also free or you can do an ATM cash withdrawal for a $2 fee + the ATM fee.
Palcinko

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:44:24 PM

If you want to mine ETH,LTC,BCH,BTC you can use a GDAX (owned by Coinbase) wallet address. From there you trade to BTC or USD/EUR and transfer the funds to Coinbase for free, which also has cold storage available for free and all digital currency that Coinbase holds is insured. You can transfer USD to your bank account for a fee or get a Shift debit Visa card connected to your Coinbase wallet to spend the BTC with no fees.

The minimum BTC, BCH, ETH, or LTC deposit amount is 0.01 and GDAX only charges 0.30% fee on the taker of the trade. Transfers from a GDAX wallet to a Coinbase wallet are free and instant. Cash back transactions with the Shift card and purchases are also free or you can do an ATM cash withdrawal for a $2 fee + the ATM fee.

Thank you for your help!

May I ask you how does it work if I want to mine different altcoin. I mean no ETH or BTC or BCH, but something like IOTA, Zcash or VeChain. If I successfully mine, do I need special crypto wallet to send it to? I don't understand how does it work with other altcoins.

Thank you for answer!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: