Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:13:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Suisse a scam?  (Read 1311 times)
Ilsk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 833
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:44:49 AM

Bitcoin Suisse was originally a Bitcoin atm company, but recently started to offer a service where they let you participate to ICOs' pre-sales using their platform, paying a fixed fee of 100chf.

I recently used their service to join the Bancor ICO, and soon I realized they were not competent for such a delicate job. To join the pre-sale they sent me an email where they asked me to sent ETH to their address. Due to security concerns I asked they message with the eth address to be sign with PGP or some equivalent authentication method, but I received no reply at all.
When the pre-sale period was soon to be over, I decided to send the ether anyway and hope for the best.

Now that the Bancor tokens have been released, Bitcoin Suisse just disappeared. I sent to the so called "head of ICO" Nicolai Oster the ETH address where I wish to receive the tokens (PGP signed) but received no reply. I asked on twitter if they were going to give the tokens to the owners but no reply. I sent another email putting in cc everyone working in the company asking if I should consider myself scammed and still received no reply.

At this point I think Bitcoin Suisse is either extremely incompetent or just  a bunch of scammer. Even if they will eventually send the tokens, I don't recommend anyone to use their service, they don't understand what it means to handle other people money and they are not qualified for the job.

Is there anybody out there who had similar experiences?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1572

精神分析的爸

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:55:25 PM

Thanks for the heads-up.
I was considering to use them as BTC-Fiat exchanger, but after reading about your experience with them I think I'll look further.

BenR

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:33:36 AM

I"m also looking for their contact info - they haven't responded to emails, their twitter has been inactive since July, and even some of their employees seem to be off social networks very suddenly.
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:44:18 AM

I think it's just a Scam, why didn't you just wait for the ico? It would be safer.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:03:07 PM

these idiots BTC SUISSE starting PRE-ICO with ambrosium https://www.bitcoinsuisse.ch/ambrosus/

BE WARE= FUCKING IDIOT SCAMMERS

StreamSpace

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 03:19:44 PM

I have spoken with them on the phone. Their model has changed due to recent changes in the industry. However, they do offer some services. They cannot offer escrow for US sales. They do offer consulting which aligns you with prominent players in the industry. They also offer banking. I don't think it is a scam. I believe they are just overwhelmed with an influx of traffic. But, sorry to hear about your experience nonetheless.

BenR

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:52:26 AM

Update: I received a reply that they're receiving hundreds of requests per day and they're swamped.

I don't think they're a scam, they just can't handle the ICO craze by themselves.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:18:35 PM

No, if they'd be a scam, being in Switzerland they already would be in jail Smiley
But they are totally unprofessional. Before Bancor's ICO people filled applications, sent them applications, and were left in the darkness, never got an answer, many missed the ICO because they didn't buy Ether when it was cheap waiting for Bitcoin Swiss to do it. No email to anyone. They should at least have answered: Sorry, we are busy, we cannot help you, forget us. They could have set email auto-responders. Nothing. Totally amateurish and non responsible.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:34:56 PM

Update: I received a reply that they're receiving hundreds of requests per day and they're swamped.

I don't think they're a scam, they just can't handle the ICO craze by themselves.
They are not scam and i ve used their service at the time of the omisego crowdsale and they deliver my coin and i already received my omg. They are trusted service and their service has used by a lot of people. And millions dollar already throw to the bitcoin suisse.
doothewop

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 10:43:09 PM

They are not scam and i ve used their service at the time of the omisego crowdsale and they deliver my coin and i already received my omg. They are trusted service and their service has used by a lot of people. And millions dollar already throw to the bitcoin suisse.

If they can't do what you're paying them to do, in what way is it not a scam?

Granted, OP shouldn't have sent money without hearing from them. But if you
say you can do something and you can't, you deserve as much scorn and shame
as people can heap on you.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:32:47 PM

I think they enjoy so much credit because they are based in Switzerland which is a serious country. And I guess they are honest, in the sense they they would not rip you off. They are simply just unprofessional...

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
sandler425

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:54:22 PM

I've heard of people simply not being paid out by them so it is possible.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:20:00 PM

i checked who owns this AG.

https://www.moneyhouse.ch/de/company/bitcoin-suisse-ag-6079729041

Management (4)
Verwaltungsrat
Niels Niklas Bang Nikolajsen
https://www.moneyhouse.ch/de/person/nikolajsen-niels-niklas-bang-36899811701
Status: aktiv (besitzt aktuelle Mandate) in Baar aus Dänemark

Zeichnungsberechtigte
Andrej Francisco Majcen, Fabian Dimitri Jakob Hediger, Johannes Michael Schweifer

at least they are not unknown.
Jonashe

Activity: 194

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 02:53:01 PM

No good news here, I hope your ETH are safe :/

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:00:00 AM

Are there now good alternatives to bitcoin suisse for investment that are reliable and with proven track record?
Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:47:37 AM

Any coin that have "Bitcoin *something*" as a name is a obvious trash and useless. The only one 50/50 adequate coin is Bitcoin Cash but it's scam too, still can earn some profit with trading for a while
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: