Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:03:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQcoin.org Official Thread  (Read 18562 times)
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:20:37 AM

he claimed it was because of a dead pixel on his monitor, but those obviously don't show up in screenshots haha

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:31:52 AM

stratum pool up @ stratum+tcp://multipool.in:3338

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:35:15 AM

Does BBQcoin have proof of steak?
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:43:51 AM

I have not been dishonest. I setup bbqcoin.org as I genuinely like the coin.

For three months I lost money with the web server costs when bbqcoin was worth nothing.

Yes I have 100,000 BQC but I am not about to dump them, as I like them.

I am honest with everything that I do, if people do not believe that, then its not a problem, its just the way I am.

I do have other projects other than BBQcoin but this one I get enjoyment out of and the community is great too.
Limie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 12:44:57 AM

Mmm sooooo good.

XRP- rJZrZTkMYrqe94c1V6KS1gbYpcaJRQqcd8
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:35:18 AM

For three months I lost money with the web server costs when bbqcoin was worth nothing.

I am honest with everything that I do, if people do not believe that, then its not a problem, its just the way I am.

I do have other projects other than BBQcoin but this one I get enjoyment out of and the community is great too.

+1 the feathercoiners and bitbar shills can learn a great lesson from this man Wink

Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:43:05 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 02:14:27 AM by Vycid

What, did BBQCoin compliment you on your shoes or something?

If you said you'd purchased $4000 worth of Congolese Francs "because you like them", people would think you were crazy.

No. It's a currency, and you didn't purchase 0.6% of the money supply because "you liked it". You purchased it because you believed it was undervalued, and you are doing things like this website in the hope that people will begin to agree with you. And if they do, then you will have made a profit.

Why is that so hard to admit?

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 01:51:19 AM

I don't have a problem with that - if you have a hand in its success, you should share in the reward - but we shouldn't pretend like the motivations are entirely selfless. That's pretty dishonest.

Why in the world do people have to psychoanalyze themselves and their motivations in public for the benefit of others?  Can't people just own their own feelings if they wish?  Must they be called disrespectful names if their analysis doesn't agree with yours?

Didn't realize this was a therapy forum.

Jakewell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:07:50 AM

Hey, someguy mined and sold 380,000 china coins in one night, and nobody told him nothing... that was really a scam, same with feathercoin.
This coin BBQ got adopted in first place because its funny and because its not premined. almost nobody owns lots of BQC coins today.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:19:00 AM

Hey, someguy mined and sold 380,000 china coins in one night, and nobody told him nothing... that was really a scam, same with feathercoin.
This coin BBQ got adopted in first place because its funny and because its not premined. almost nobody owns lots of BQC coins today.

Rubbish, there were no Feathercoin blocks mined before the client became publicly available. Look at the time stamp of the first block and when the client was uploaded.

Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:20:49 AM

Im selling 500 BQC, give offers.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 02:21:22 AM

Almost 3 million feathercoins were mined in the first 24 hours. Same effect as a pre-mine.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:24:38 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 03:14:32 AM by erk

Almost 3 million feathercoins were mined in the first 24 hours. Same effect as a pre-mine.

Except it's nothing like it. Firstly Feathercoins are 200 per block, that's 4 time LTC with the same 2.5min block rate.

Check the payout addresses of the first days blocks, they go to lots of different wallets not just a few like a pre-mine would have.

Nice conspiracy theory though, keep it up you might eventually convince some noobs.

Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:25:43 AM

I don't have a problem with that - if you have a hand in its success, you should share in the reward - but we shouldn't pretend like the motivations are entirely selfless. That's pretty dishonest.

Why in the world do people have to psychoanalyze themselves and their motivations in public for the benefit of others?  Can't people just own their own feelings if they wish?  Must they be called disrespectful names if their analysis doesn't agree with yours?

It's not. But we're talking about money here, so it's very important we disclose our motives.

A stock analyst is required by law to disclose if he has a position in any security for which he offers public advice.

Obviously we're in the Wild West here, so no such laws exist for Bitcoin (and certainly not for the altcoins), but that doesn't change the morality behind those laws.

Bottom line: It's fine to seek profit via altcoins. But if you are attempting to influence public opinion with a significant position in the related coin, there's a conflict of interest. That should be addressed.

CaptChadd was forthright about the number of coins he owns, which I appreciate. But if we're genuinely building an open, honest community, we shouldn't try to hide the fact that a primary motivation - if not the primary motivation - is profit.

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:28:41 AM

Wow, went out for a drink with friends, BBQcoin goes up 20%
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:30:57 AM

I want to sell 500 BQC, give offers. I want to sell if for BTC, CNC o LTC.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 02:32:19 AM

It's not. But we're talking about money here, so it's very important we disclose our motives.

A stock analyst is required by law to disclose if he has a position in any security for which he offers public advice.

Obviously we're in the Wild West here, so no such laws exist for Bitcoin (and certainly not for the altcoins), but that doesn't change the morality behind those laws.

Bottom line: It's fine to seek profit via altcoins. But if you are attempting to influence public opinion with a significant position in the related coin, there's a conflict of interest. That should be addressed.

CaptChadd was forthright about the number of coins he owns, which I appreciate. But if we're genuinely building an open, honest community, we shouldn't try to hide the fact that a primary motivation - if not the primary motivation - is profit.

Plonk.

baus

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:37:55 AM

CaptChadd I noticed you used one of my icon mockups on the site for a little bit. Would you like me to spend some time in creating a more polished version? I think a nicer icon is what this coin needs.
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:57:35 AM

I put up a fee free p2pool here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198623.0
It's a small pool and I'd like to reliability test it, have been trying to get the p2pool running for ages as you know.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:05:25 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 08:13:16 AM by markm

Except it's nothing like it.

Check the payout addresses of the first days blocks, they go to lots of different wallets not just a few like a pre-mine would have.

Nice conspiracy theory though, keep it up you might eventually convince some noobs.

The reference client generates a new address each block it mines. So a different address each block is normal even though all those addresses are in the same wallet. The wallet gets big if you mine a lot of blocks because each block mined has its own private key.

p2pool sends your share of the block reward to your single address that it knows you by, so if you want all the blocks you mine to go to the same address I guess you could use a private copy of p2pool that does not network with other people's nodes of p2pool so that you can solo mine blocks all to the same address.

But normally, you get a new address for each block.

So every one of those blocks you are looking at that you are imagining are going to different wallets could all be going to the same wallet.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: