Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:21:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In event of your death  (Read 5978 times)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:26:43 PM

I've got a dossier for my spouse with all the keys to the wallets in the event of death.

Everyone should do this - death happens to us all, so be prepared, and make arrangements, you don't want your hard earn coins to be lost forever.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:43:25 PM

i give my big brother and my sister my private key, incase i die eventually, i also say to both of them, thats in that private key, is for my daughter, all for her..i trust my sister and big brother, i trust them they will not takes any cent of it if i did not give them,

thank god i have a very honest sister and brother
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:29:51 AM

I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?

That means you are suggesting that you don't have anyone to look after you.  Then why are you thinking about your post life just earn and enjoy. 

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:56:16 AM

I will advise you to start teaching Your children how bitcoin work so they can access it after death.  You can safe your key with bank and using your children as the next of kids. Many people are having this same fear you have and that is the reason many people are afraid  of investing in bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:42:47 AM

I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?
I haven't really made any kind of plans in regards to something like that, but I guess I might as well set up something so that the rest of my family is able to get their hands on my Bitcoin in the event that I die. I don't know if the small amount of money they would get from something like this would be worth the time since there would be far large payouts from life insurance, assuming I die from something covered by that, but you never know.

I'll probably have a usb or two with text files with a ton of different keys, with IDs like A-1 or whatever, and on my will I'll have the correct private key listed.

I also haven't been considering on what to do with my Bitcoins in the event of my death because I'm still young, but that is irrelevant because death can come to anyone at any point. I also don't have anyone I can rely to since I am also single and without any living descendant.

I guess I'd probably do the same, and leave the private keys in a usb or hard drive with some instructions for someone I can rely on or trust. Bitcoin is a hard thing to leave behind to someone who has little knowledge on bitcoin because it is quite hard to understand.
Williamscott

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:49:36 AM

I did not even think about it, because it's too early. I think when this time comes to this, we will already develop some reliable way to transfer bitcoins after death.
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:04:19 PM

In event of my death wherever and whenever it would be as long as it is according to the Lord Jesus Christ who created me I would rather accept it and I will surely appreciate those people whom I enjoyed my life with.
In case my time will come i want to be ready because it is written in the bible that for me to live is Christ and to die is gain. Everyone should be ready because we are all go with that situation.

balakang00

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:26:05 AM

I think you should have one person you trust the most to hold the key of your account for if you die he/she will manage everything.

betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:06:19 PM

Well you should always have someone completely aware of all the details about your activities whether they are legal or not , whether they're involved with money , work , people or anything your life consists of . So in case of something happening to you that trusted person will take care of things after you . That person doesn't necessarily have to be your sibling or your wife , it can be your best friend or your coworker or anybody that you trust enough to tell all your life private details and you can give him the password of your phone or Pc so he'll be able to access everything if something happens to you and you won't be able to handle your own matters (death/jail/sickness/gone missing .. ) , that person will be able to pay your bills/take care of your funds/your family/ and your house .
edynolan

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:09:39 PM

it seems your life is so sad that you are single, live alone, your parents die and even your brother does not care about it but you want your niece to get some of your profit. mmmm should you give it all because you're dead why some, if you do not trust a lawyer to go to your close friend or someone you strongly trust to keep your private key and give to your nephew sometime.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:31:02 PM

You have to let your siblings know the importance of it. Maybe they don't care about it because they don't understand but if you explain to them properly then maybe they can be convince to learn it because all your coins then would be gone if no one would be able to access it after your death. I have known some who have several copies of private key that he give to his trusted friend, other to his lawyer and the other copy to his siblings. You can have a legal agreement about it so that you can protect your funds since we all have no idea of what the future will be.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:42:01 PM

Death is one sure thing that would come but preparing for it is another key thing that one must also do because it can happen anytime whatsoever when there are over 1001 ways to die. For me, I have a diary where I wrote the whole of the passwords and pins. My sibling is already into crypto currency, all that is needed is just for him to get this details and set the ball rolling without too much difficulty whatsoever and I guess that's what everybody should put in plan right from today if you haven't.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 06:08:01 PM

Your thinking's are like old aged and even they do have some hope on their life time. Change your way of thinking. Try to think in positive way that you live for long with your dependents and let them know the value of you savings in bitcoin and utilize them in right way. At last you should believe in someone like friends are anyone to share your personal thoughts.
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:57:37 AM

I already have written a will , even if i'm still young in age and didn't really thought of what will happen if i die or something bad happens to me . I've written all important stuff on it , where's my money accounts and if i got things to clear out . I have some good folks , some friends i love so much and i'm pretty sure that they care a lot and will do good by me even if i'm not here anymore . I'd love if my money goes to an orphanage that's not too far from where i live and where i went regularly to help out .
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:13:12 AM

My wife knows what are the important detail of my wallet. So in case the time of my death come. She will know what to do with my wallet.

novhitadaloma

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:07:47 AM

Life and death of a person is in the hands of god, my advice you better introduce about bitcoin to your nephew.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:15:50 AM

I have a plan in place. It's not elaborate and very well thought out but people close to me will have access to my bitcoins and anyone else would not even know how to find them. That's the way it should be.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:59:09 AM

Just put your private keys in a secret locker (either in bank or home) and allow your nieces and nephews to access them after your death, but before everything teach them about bitcoin so that they understand it properly. BTW to get married and give access to your own children's will be the most wise decision.
mustakforum

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:38:02 AM

Your heart is too noble, may the god Almighty always protect you. Amen
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:24:34 AM

In case of death although you mentioned that your sibling doest not care about cryptocurrency just inform them. For sure if you mention how much your bitcoins and other coins are worth you will get their attention. You may also go to a bank and leave a hardware wallet and just inform them about it in case you die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: