Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:03:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Schumer: It’s time to go after the 3-D printable guns  (Read 4354 times)
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:32:14 PM

I just want a printer that can print more printers.

It's like having unlimited wishes, except you have to pay for the materials involved Tongue

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:57:39 AM

It's like having unlimited wishes, except you have to pay for the materials involved Tongue
Actually, a large number of the parts can be replicated, then you buy some stuff that ought to be bought rather than made, and put one together. 

For example, highly polished stainless steel rods and brass sintered bearings ought to be bought, instead of inferior substitutes made.  The stepper motors, threaded rods, limit sensors, sd card reader, and the little computer are going to be bought, not made.  There isn't anything complicated about the plastic extruder style 3d printers.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:49:50 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2013, 07:16:42 AM by manfred

Schumer....is that Italian?

Feinstein is I think....
Last name origins & meanings:

German: unexplained.
North German (Schümer): nickname from Middle Low German schumer ‘good-for-nothing’, ‘vagabond’.

http://genealogy.familyeducation.com/surname-origin/schumer
http://genealogy.familyeducation.com/surname-origin/feinstein
Lgetty17

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:28:30 AM

Feinstein is I think....

Wow.... no. Absolutely not. Schumer is likely German, Dutch, etc. And I would bet money Feinstein is German. And Jewish.

Seriously? Italian? You've got to be fucking kidding. Peroni... Albergati... Martinelli.. Bressan..Da Vinci.. Medici... Corleone.. that is what an Italian name sounds like
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:57:59 AM

Feinstein is I think....

It's Jewish.  They're Jews.  That's why all they ever do is oppose freedom, sell America out to foreigners and give tax money to banks and insurance companies.

Jews are behind gun control.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:07:02 AM

Home made handguns are boring. They are not that much more effective than a knife or an axe. But handguns are only the beginning.

When people start to print armed helicopter drones, things are going to get interesting.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:29:29 PM

In a rare moment of sanity, DHS released a statement yesterday saying that it would be difficult to regulate 3d weapon printing or 3d printing in general.  I noticed that this news has not appeared on most "news" websites.  Use this search at Google and pick a website to see more: DHS cannot regulate 3d printing

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:57:54 PM

Home made handguns are boring. They are not that much more effective than a knife or an axe. But handguns are only the beginning.

When people start to print armed helicopter drones, things are going to get interesting.

No way, that could never happen!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36752

wait....
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:02:40 PM

Feinstein is I think....

It's Jewish.  They're Jews.  That's why all they ever do is oppose freedom, sell America out to foreigners and give tax money to banks and insurance companies.

Jews are behind gun control.

Darn!  Those evil jooooooeeess!  They hate guns!  They want to take guns away!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01546/bikini-gun-girl_1546417a.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4425657/Israeli-soldier-on-the-beach-in-a-bikini-holding-a-gun.html&h=592&w=532&sz=78&tbnid=CkL3ksBIeftFYM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=81&zoom=1&usg=__YZGs5ic7Xwo1HZdXfYgQBYGPIa8=&docid=0jx_D1EHQCC9FM&sa=X&ei=5ICfUarLN4n_qwG92YGAAQ&ved=0CDMQ9QEwAA&dur=4918

Wait...
JimCGSavings

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:30:53 PM

IMHO, the U.S. government is concerned that trying to "control" the distribution of 3D printers or plans is more of a 1rst amendment problem than a 2nd. They will do what they always do. Try to regulate the distribution of materials supplied in the 3D printer "ink cartridges."
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:28:56 PM

Yep, they want to take your gun whilst keeping there own
JimCGSavings

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:18:55 PM

I'm not a good shot. Personally, I think before any home invaders get past our two English Mastiffs we keep inside because they are our other "kids," the police will have responded to our call and the operator will be on the phone asking us to put the dogs up so the officers can take an incident report. I will stipulate that the care and feeding of the "kids" is probably more expensive than handgun practice and maintenance. Hey! 3D printed dog food! hmm...(grin)
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 01:47:08 AM

http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page

Of course it only makes some of its own parts, but that is a start.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:00:59 AM

I'm not a good shot. Personally, I think before any home invaders get past our two English Mastiffs we keep inside because they are our other "kids," the police will have responded to our call and the operator will be on the phone asking us to put the dogs up so the officers can take an incident report. I will stipulate that the care and feeding of the "kids" is probably more expensive than handgun practice and maintenance. Hey! 3D printed dog food! hmm...(grin)
Why go half way. 

Don't be timid. 

It's ookay.

3D PRINTED DOGS! 

Hell, yeah!!!
JimCGSavings

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:31:13 AM

...3D PRINTED DOGS!  Hell, yeah!!!
I can't find the pattern for that. Besides, only if it prints puppies. Can you imagine the cost of printing full grown English Mastiffs? (grin)
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:41:38 AM

I can't find the pattern for that. Besides, only if it prints puppies. Can you imagine the cost of printing full grown English Mastiffs? (grin)
They are the best.  I seriously started to buy a couple, but then didn't.  Got to worrying about how to fit the couches in by the TV.  And also, how to get them to a vet if they got sick or old and it was necessary to carry them.  Looked like a job for about four guys and a pickup.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:44:50 AM

They are the best.  I seriously started to buy a couple, but then didn't.  Got to worrying about how to fit the couches in by the TV.  And also, how to get them to a vet if they got sick or old and it was necessary to carry them.  Looked like a job for about four guys and a pickup.

What you could seriously print would be dog toys....have to check on plastics compatibility with dog digestion, of course.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 06:15:01 PM

What you could seriously print would be dog toys....have to check on plastics compatibility with dog digestion, of course.

One of the 3D printer plastic "ink" choices available is corn starch based biodegradable plastic. It's a bit more expensive though.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:55:03 PM

One of the 3D printer plastic "ink" choices available is corn starch based biodegradable plastic. It's a bit more expensive though.

If you refer to PLA, please don't use that for animal toys, the material is very brittle and if chewed on, chips will break off and will end up in the digestive track causing all sorts of problems.

ABS (which having toxic fumes that cause cancer) is a better choice.
JimCGSavings

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:27:12 PM

Actually I think 3D printers are another very disruptive technology, especially the medical applications.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: