Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:09:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Better ICO" seeking basic (and advanced) info re: smart contracts.  (Read 155 times)
sock_info.doNOT.send.$ (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 10:24:36 PM

Hi, thanks for a moment of your time.
"Better ICO" == Give investors a better deal long-term.

``````````````````
``````````````````
Large Bounties, see below
``````````````````

"...seeking basic (and advanced) info re: smart contracts."
I am extremely familiar with how great this forum/community (BCT) used to be, & also have both eyes on a bit_better future.
In the here and now, I would, please like some info re: smart contracts, ICO's, etc.

Please do not feel a need to answer every point, (for example, you could choose one or two topics that need a "reality check", thanks)

``````````````````
1)
Is there any "known limit" to how many people can be paid by a single smart contract?
(For example) Social bounties, translators, "sock puppet" sigs, early seed discounts, "Our Team", etc, etc. == So many people looking to rush straight to payday.

Does the average "company/CEO" get directly involved in creating the smart contract, or do they tend to outsource the task(s) to local experts here at BCT?

``````````````````
2)
Can smart contracts be designed to "handle almost anything"? (for example)
If/else:
If a "standards committee" has formed and done ____ ,  _____, & defined ____, then funds can be released to a related "open source project",

else,

The funds are held waiting for "the community members/ investors" to respond.

``````````````````
3)
Has anyone ever before "changed the time frame" regarding the rush to payday?
(For example)
Standard ICO credits == The expectation of a quick rush to payday, ASAP, like you have now.

"Golden ICO" credits == Build "something better" prior to the fast dash to big money, giving investors a better chance long-term.
^^^
Has anyone ever seen that type of idea, prior to ~three weeks ago? (for example)

```````````````````
4)
The current conditions seem to favor "companies" who are able to produce a "slick" presentation with a professional video, and are looking to raise $5M, $10M, even $35M in a short period of time.

Is there still room for local, community-first, "unprofessional" Devs to create projects and have their voice be heard? How?
```````````````````
5)
I understand (almost everything) prior to the Big Payday (except for, as mentioned above, some details re: the creation of smart contracts), but do not understand what the "last investors" are thinking (i.e the people who pay/ buy in after the early seeds)

Do people really expect an almost non-stop series of "companies" to form and create profits enough to sustain literally 1000's of endless tokens? Please, help explain what is really going on here?

(For example, no offense intended to anyone) [ANN] > Launch sock puppets "screaming everywhere" with various bounties to pay them > 1st seed > 2nd seed (maybe pay off some people here) > Big Payday! > 'Company' funded > Token #344,657 sent to trade on the exchanges > "Company" issues a positive update re: the project > Oops, two weeks later we have unexpected delays >more delays > last update == We are partying on a beach, thanks for the funding suckers!
^^^
Does a single person really believe at least some of the "companies" do not end up this way?

```````````````````
6a) Has anyone ever suggested "Golden ICO standards" or (similar), which would help evaluate businesses plans to help protect investors.

``
6b) Do you actually like the current conditions, or would you potentially like to experiment with creating a bit_better system?

There does not need to be a single certification effort, but several competing to establish the best reputation.
```````````````````
7) The USA version of an SEC only affects American projects (for example), but at some point, "this place" is going to need expert lawyers to turn "ETH bubble land" into something more sustainable, long-term. I didn't say "I love lawyers", but sometimes they are needed to make things work in the real world.

Do you see a "screaming need", for eventual legal help around here, yes or no?

```````````````````
Thank you for your time, please answer at least one or two sections, and qualify to compete for "over ONE MILLION DOLLARS" in Golden ICO credits!
Seriously, not a joke....  Cheesy   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: