Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:07:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy more bitcoin or wait for August 1st?  (Read 20383 times)
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:30:35 PM

I think that this is not the right time to buy bitcoins , because as per my experience it will go down as the whale will try to dump it as well as miners also, so we can buy bitcoins around $2k around price.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:28:54 PM

My advice would be to wait until August 1. You already have significant holdings of Bitcoin and it makes no sense to purchase anymore at this point of time. It is difficult to predict what will happen on August 1. Experts have made all sorts of predictions, with each one wildly differing from the other. It seems to me that even they are not sure about their predictions.
This, the truth is we do not know what it is going to happen until it does and depending on that, the price will do different things so the most sensible thing to do is to wait, however if you feel confident you can buy but if you feel doubtful about what may happen then sell or wait.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:30:27 PM

I'm of the opinion with all the hullabaloo over this for the last several months that the expectations are already baked into the price so I don't expect much of a move either way on Aug 1st. Could be wrong I guess but that's my take on it.
The uncertainty is still there,let us assume that we could not see any rally before that and i am sure that everyone will agree with me on that,the only possibility is that the price could go down,so is the reason i am going to wait till August.
It stands to reason to expect a drop in price as August 1st approach, as a number of persons would like sell off their coins, which in turn would bring about some drop in price. However, the low price would be short lived and there is possibility price would recover with a spike and re-entering might turn out more expensive.

I think people should learn to manage risks instead of running for cover, because it has been proven overtime that (calculated) risk taking, is one of the keys to success.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:33:22 PM

I think that this is not the right time to buy bitcoins , because as per my experience it will go down as the whale will try to dump it as well as miners also, so we can buy bitcoins around $2k around price.
Why do you think that the price of Bitcoin is going to dump? Most Whales already know that the price of Bitcoin is going to get more expensive in a matter of time. I would just purchase little bits of Bitcoin from time to time with a low buy order in case the coin dumps just so I wouldn’t miss anything.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mamaya

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:40:45 PM

I'm of the opinion with all the hullabaloo over this for the last several months that the expectations are already baked into the price so I don't expect much of a move either way on Aug 1st. Could be wrong I guess but that's my take on it.
The uncertainty is still there,let us assume that we could not see any rally before that and i am sure that everyone will agree with me on that,the only possibility is that the price could go down,so is the reason i am going to wait till August.
It stands to reason to expect a drop in price as August 1st approach, as a number of persons would like sell off their coins, which in turn would bring about some drop in price. However, the low price would be short lived and there is possibility price would recover with a spike and re-entering might turn out more expensive.

I think people should learn to manage risks instead of running for cover, because it has been proven overtime that (calculated) risk taking, is one of the keys to success.

I see it the other way around, as people realize the risk of hardfork is going away they will pump the price as August approaches. There is much more consensus in bitcoin now than there was just a month ago.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:54:53 AM

It has never been a bad idea to buy more Bitcoin up to now. It is probably safe to buy more Bitcoin both now and after August 1st. Enjoy.

Agreed, but right now when the price is still hovering around $2,500 is a better time for buying than in August 1. No guarantee that staying this low will last long. Don't forget that these days the bitcoin adoption is rising like crazy.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:42:32 AM

So my initial plan was to invest more into bitcoin on a weekly basis but with the possibility of a split on August 1st I figured I'd wait a little. If there would be a split, there would certainly be a drop in price so maybe a good opportunity to pick some more up rather than doing it now. Normally I tend to make these kind of decisions for myself but since I don't fully understand what will happen August 1st I figured this would be the best place to ask.

Many are already confused as to what to do in preparation to what will happen on August 1. Some had already converted their bitcoin into dollars and wait for what will happen. Some are just holding their btc since they believe that after August 1 the value of btc will spike. Others are thinking that they should have more bitcoin in their wallet since if a split will happen they believe that they will have a free coin since aside from xbt they will have also xby. For me I do not know what is true but just to be sure I placed some of my portfolio in btc and half of it in dollar just to be safe.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Inmydomain

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:45:25 AM

I'm certainly going to wait, I can only see it going one way in August and that is down, and when it does I will be snapping up more coins

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:00:31 AM

I'm certainly going to wait, I can only see it going one way in August and that is down, and when it does I will be snapping up more coins
If you are so sure of your prediction then you need to go for it, if I knew that a coin was going to go down I would sell all my holdings of that coin and then when the price got lower I will buy again at that lower price and get some easy profits along the way.
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:40:12 AM

if you feel insecure don't reckless and just wait until it is safe also means that everything that is done but it is the safety

Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:46:08 AM

So my initial plan was to invest more into bitcoin on a weekly basis but with the possibility of a split on August 1st I figured I'd wait a little. If there would be a split, there would certainly be a drop in price so maybe a good opportunity to pick some more up rather than doing it now. Normally I tend to make these kind of decisions for myself but since I don't fully understand what will happen August 1st I figured this would be the best place to ask.

If you made a plan, then stick to it.

The fork can be good, it's not as negative as people sometimes exaggerate. If it goes all according to plan it'll actually mean that transactions become way cheaper than it is right now, thus making the price of bitcoin increase.

Say a chain split happens, the worst that is going to happen is your existing bitcoins become two different versions of bitcoins and you get an equal amount on both chains. So really, you're not losing out at all. Stick to buying x amount of dollars worth of bitcoin per week, thats your best bet.

shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:49:55 AM

Just wait until August 1 and I believe that on August 1 there would be a big dump of bitcoin. Might fall to $500 per bitcoin due to the split. But it will make transaction on system better and investors will be so much happy when btc drops at that price and after that I am expecting for a bitcoin pump $10000 at third quarter please? Hehe

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:30:31 AM

On 1st August there will be a User activated soft fork occurring, you can go into more detail at http://www.uasf.co/.

It is rumoured though that a bunch of companies will try to initiate hard forks of bitcoin as well. I believe bitmain says that it's going to go about mining its own coin after the UASF if it is successful(correct me if i'm wrong), and bitcoin unlimited has majority miner support but a lot less nodes signalling support.

If i were you i would probably sell half my stash right now and then buy back when the panic sets in on or before 1st August. It's probably overhyped at the moment, and i'm sure a lot of people will panic and don't know what to do. Then, you can buy some cheap coins Smiley
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:03:46 AM

On 1st August there will be a User activated soft fork occurring, you can go into more detail at http://www.uasf.co/.

It is rumoured though that a bunch of companies will try to initiate hard forks of bitcoin as well. I believe bitmain says that it's going to go about mining its own coin after the UASF if it is successful(correct me if i'm wrong), and bitcoin unlimited has majority miner support but a lot less nodes signalling support.

If i were you i would probably sell half my stash right now and then buy back when the panic sets in on or before 1st August. It's probably overhyped at the moment, and i'm sure a lot of people will panic and don't know what to do. Then, you can buy some cheap coins Smiley

in either way I hope people have some fun ...

Patent1number: ****-****
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:36:20 AM

It is normal to be concerned, in case of a chain split, there is a chance that your bitcoin will lose some of its value. However, it is not certain that the price will dip. The opposite could be the case and you would have missed out on buying at a cheaper rate.
cardoyasilad

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:26:07 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 11:06:12 PM by cardoyasilad

Nobody knows whether the bitcoin price will dump or pump after august 1, you should take a risk on that thing but remember if you want to buy btc before or after august 1 store it on wallet which you have the private keys.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:41:37 AM

From some information most the predicted bitcoin will experience a decline in value, my opinion to buy after August 1 may be able to reduce the value of bitcoin, and holding bitcoin which probably did not take long after the chain split to go to the moon

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:44:50 AM

if you feel insecure don't reckless and just wait until it is safe also means that everything that is done but it is the safety

If the OP does not want to purchase Bitcoin then it’s on him. If the price of Bitcoin goes up then he shouldn’t have to post that he regretted not purchasing the coin since the price of Bitcoin will climb much further than people expected.

Putting money into Bitcoin means that the investor will have to hold the coin long term if not then then he/she will lose the opportunity to get more money from Bitcoin if the price goes up.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:44:47 PM

I am waiting because i am a bit lost this days, and a lot more pessimist. so i will see what do after, or maybe sold everthing before Embarrassed
Do not sell your bitcoins before or even for a few years because selling will not help you to become rich and it will just cut the connection of you and also the opportunity of getting rich. Just hold on and keep dreaming for a higher price because it is better than worrying about the price and also for selling bitcoin, there is no better than patience because it always pays off.
lecongnhan123

Activity: 288

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:18:46 PM

It depends on how you think about this time but in my opinion, I think Bitocin price will grow up so that we should buy Bitcoin before August and this moment is a good chance to buy Bitcoin as its price is so low now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: