Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:33:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy more bitcoin or wait for August 1st?  (Read 20383 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:04:59 AM

I thinkthe best course of action if you want to be safe, is to sell half or your BTC and hold in Fiat. If BTC goes down hard you can buy back in low end(of whichever coin is the dominant one). If th eprice goes up hard you can sell your BTC later, wait a little bit until the hype dies down(price should go down slowly for a bit) and buy back in.

In case people are unsure, they could choose to liquidate a certain portion of their holdings, but seriously, 50% is way too much to sell. People just assume that the price will tank significantly, while a properly executed activation of SegWit will lead to an explosive growth, and no, this isn't a hype. Currently the only thing that is holding back Bitcoin's growth, is the lack of a proper implementation of the SegWit proposal. Once that is done, you can kiss sub $2000 levels goodbye. What you are suggesting people to do is similar to gambling -- the only thing you depend on is luck.
abdillahzidan

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:26:23 AM

If buying bitcoin now with the goal as an asset and long-term investment does not matter, because we all also do not know what will happen in august or we wait for what will happen in august later.
betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:42:31 AM

If i was you i would wait for August 1st to buy because if the price get low you can buy more bitcoin and then wait for another pump to increase your gain!!
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:27:21 AM

No, no need wait for aug1, if you are wait for aug1 bitcoin price to high Cool . At the time we can think why we are not buy bitcoin. So there is no chance to decrease the value of bitcoin . Still if u have not bitcoin now u can buy.
AiWanChu

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:50:22 AM

if bitcoin solves its drama issues.. massive pump for sure.. if not, then BTC will be just another altcoin
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:30:06 AM

this is my plan too,but only if the price go down, there are too much risky in this point, and we should also move our BTC to paper wallet in case that hard fork happen.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:42:32 AM

this is my plan too,but only if the price go down, there are too much risky in this point, and we should also move our BTC to paper wallet in case that hard fork happen.

If segwit was successful on what it is aimed for then you'll not get time to buy Bitcoins on August 1st. So it's better to buy on the dump which happens before that. But it's risky, so be sure to hold them for long time.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
livinglightning

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:50:56 AM

In my opinion, we should buy bitcoin right now, do not wait until August 1. If you can wait you will be sorry for the profit if you invest now. There will be many risks when investing, but if you do not take risks you can not get rich
tamalia01

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:33:09 AM

i think your title should "Buy more bitcoin for August 2030"
SoulEaterRR

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:06:39 PM

I do not sell my coins, but to buy new ones I would wait even closer by August 1, because because of the panic, many can sell bitcoin and the price will drop significantly.
ximply

Activity: 350
Merit: 170

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 12:11:49 PM

I do not sell my coins, but to buy new ones I would wait even closer by August 1, because because of the panic, many can sell bitcoin and the price will drop significantly.

Im looking at that as well but if all of us believe that bitcoin will rise more and more after August 1 then no one will sell and the rate will continue to rise and by that time you can no longer afford to buy at a lower price. major support right now is at 2,400 and major resistance is at 2,600. current rate is 2,553 so it close to major resistance now and once it reached the 2,600 level then it can break out. when that happen the price will already shoot up high again.

So when do you think is best to buy?
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:19:46 AM

Just buy more Bitcoin. Nothing will happen on August 1st and if you believe it is then go all in with what all the Bitcoin you have gambling and cash out into fiat. I wouldn't though. If people really believed it was the end they would he taking massive chances.
It's just another one if those small storms Bitcoin must face. It's faced many and survived and will face many more and still survive.
I do not know if the storm is going to be as small as you make it out to be, right now the market of crypto is crashing hard it has lost 15 to 20 billions and we are still far way from that date so it may be possible this crash makes  people even more worried about the future of bitcoin.
head.arrow

Activity: 112

CareerXon - PRESALE ON 4TH NOV 50% BONUS

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:28:12 AM

Buy more its great time to investment in eth and btc

steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:41:28 AM

Many people now are panicking and storing all their bitcoin in their hard wallet because of the upcoming Segwit? Lets see what will the impact of this changes next month. I am planning of storing BTC too in bitcoin core soon.

amskas

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:46:44 AM

Invest in bitcoin or invest in alt coins ? Which is the best option?  Huh
junkozane

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:16:26 AM

All are waiting for August 1 to buy bitcoins, so i'm also eagerly wait for 20 days to invest. I will be the lucky person if the bitcoin have positive market in the month of August.
RudyCenJia

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:41:55 AM

I believe that there is no need to wait on the 1st of August, this too much time can be wasted.

Not necessarily on the 1st of August it is down or up. But are very worried there is such an issue.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:50:04 AM

If segwit was successful on what it is aimed for then you'll not get time to buy Bitcoins on August 1st. So it's better to buy on the dump which happens before that. But it's risky, so be sure to hold them for long time.
Of course it is very risky because the possibility of failure will exist, now many people are selling their bitcoin because of panic what will happen after that. But if segwit it works succesfull of course people who dump or continue to hold their bitcoin will certainly benefit because the price will certainly rise from the previous
RastMan

Activity: 159
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:07:59 AM

I advise you to invest on bitcoin.
The price will go up !  By the end of the year it will raise 4000 $.
MrCrank

Activity: 1330
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:26:24 AM

I think before 1 August price will be down..
After Segwit price will be not high.
1 week later after 1 august price will be rise good higher than 3000usd.

I think no need wait 1 august. because no one don't know what may happen..
This is my opinion only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: