Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:07:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ NMR ] Numeraire - What do you think about?  (Read 10357 times)
Melissa95

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:42:32 AM

Holding NMR has an obvious benefit (to both data scientists and traders/investors):
Data scientists have a stronger incentive to hold it as it represents a pay-out from the success of the Numer.ai fund i.e. given that the data scientists presume the fund will be profitable, then the cashing out NMR has a severe opportunity cost: forgone future returns. Analogous to receiving shares in a company you work for as a year-end bonus: yes you can cash them out now for money, but if you believe the company will grow then it's optimal to hold onto the shares. Early sellers may simply misunderstand the economic incentive model. If one assumes that the collective insight of 12000 data scientists can be successful – then the logical decision would be to hold NMR.
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:27:37 PM

Is there an official thread for this? Very interesting project and I recently bought some before the latest small pump but really unsure where to get latest news for this project.
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:28:41 PM

I liked Numerai but they have a new competitor.
Price is lower. We will see  Smiley

No Signature right now...
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:24:28 PM

All those of you who though it was a good idea to buy few days back, you were right Tongue Numeraire just got pumped for 90% Smiley

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
BitScreener

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 06:42:37 PM

Numeraire price alert on web, working with Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

https://bitscreener.com/coins/numeraire/price_alert
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:58:04 PM

very low supply is it pos or pow  Huh Huh
NickCrypto

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:38:59 AM

Great Chart Gallery of Numeraire on BitScreener: https://bitscreener.com/coins/numeraire/chart_gallery

Tomohisa

Activity: 360

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:14:44 AM

I think it good with the current price, maybe down a bit more because of BTC but still a good coin.
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:52:50 PM

I have read something about this altcoin. The Numerai project creates a hedge fund in which network effects and artificial intelligence technologies are designed to fundamentally change the way assets are managed. Suppose their alt will be stable and even has all the chances to go up.
justgonnalook

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:14:22 PM

If you are a smart, successful, skilled data scientist why would you use your skills here instead of getting hired by a company. On the other hand, if you are a young, inexperienced but smart person you might be able to show your chops here and elevate yourself. Especially folks in developing countries.
lesnik_utsa

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:28:24 PM

If you are a smart, successful, skilled data scientist why would you use your skills here instead of getting hired by a company. On the other hand, if you are a young, inexperienced but smart person you might be able to show your chops here and elevate yourself. Especially folks in developing countries.
long coin on the bottom is the project not interesting? why so quiet?
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:51:38 AM

long coin on the bottom is the project not interesting? why so quiet?

It is flying under the rador. This is not a hyped coin and will gain value as it proves it's worth.
Lakeluke_again

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:41:07 AM

Any know if there is a telegram group for NMR? or a group which also focuses on NMR?
MrSunshine

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:30:14 AM

Any know if there is a telegram group for NMR? or a group which also focuses on NMR?

Not that I know of. There are a couple reddit forums; they are not to active, but more active than here.
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:57:45 PM

The best way to follow Numerai project is to join the community here

https://community.numer.ai/channel/announcements

Where all the announcements and discussions are happening. Unlike a lot of Token Telegram groups, the community forum is more for Data Scientists to discuss ideas and staking strategy rather than for discussing general trading news.

The other way is to follow founder Richard Craib's twitter account or Numerai's twitter account, most of the announcements are there.

Numerai is one of the exciting projects that combining blockchain and AI. In the current tournament format, if the AI model does prove successful, Numerai might take on more assets to manage and reward pool might increase as well, in which case the NMR price is expected to increase too.

konigilya

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:07:49 PM

Doesn't seem alive here at bitcointalk. Interesting price increases.
merc1969

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:34:06 AM

I stumbled upon this old thread ..and was interested to know if the above posters were still holding on to their NMRs. ( Now that 1 NMR=$14 today )

By the way - Here's an update on the NMR front -
Numer.ai is giving away $1 million in airdrops ( but only for those who have a kaggle account - a data science platform by google.)
i.e 5NMR right away + 1 NMR per week. ( If you are above 'novice' (on kaggle) and have a numer.ai account ) and can put your profile url to that of your numer.ai url.

Link here : https://numer.ai/airdrops

Confession: I still hold considerable amounts of NMR . ( After many ups and downs and value erosion.)
MrSunshine

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:33:41 PM

I stumbled upon this old thread ..and was interested to know if the above posters were still holding on to their NMRs. ( Now that 1 NMR=$14 today )

By the way - Here's an update on the NMR front -
Numer.ai is giving away $1 million in airdrops ( but only for those who have a kaggle account - a data science platform by google.)
i.e 5NMR right away + 1 NMR per week. ( If you are above 'novice' (on kaggle) and have a numer.ai account ) and can put your profile url to that of your numer.ai url.

Link here : https://numer.ai/airdrops

Confession: I still hold considerable amounts of NMR . ( After many ups and downs and value erosion.)

No I dumped all my NMR for AGI recently, which appears to have a much better vision that will reward investors in the long term.
cointopper

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:48:17 AM

Hello Numeraire believers,

Our aim is to add value to the whole crypto community by giving the best user experience to analyse cryptocurrencies.

It would be really great help from your side if you can spend 60 seconds of your time and give us your valuable feedback for our two recent updates 1) Snapshot and 2) Colourful interface of Numeraire at: https://cointopper.com/coin/numeraire

Constructive criticisms are always welcome at CoinTopper.  Thank you!!
Quarkico

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:11:24 AM

They are bunch of analysts who want to make stock trading and basically whole Wallstreet being transparent so that we could all together work out the solution for perfect investment and strategies based on many investors that will from now on do it transparently with all the data being available for scientists and economists to looks at. It's a brave hope but there is no way for it to succeed. Too much of an thought of utopian society of people working together for higher profits and scientific and analytical developments.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: