Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:40:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantasy vs Reality  (Read 2695 times)
mozartopfer

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:03:53 AM

You answered your own question with the first quotation. Our real world as we think of it is a mere fantasy of ours which form is pretty much influenced by our culture and surroundings. You never perceive real world as it is, it always has a bit of your imagination so to say. Your culture can and does influence what you see and feel. As for imagination as a process of coming up with certain ideas that you do not really perceive them it is also a mix of reality (which is not reality as I mentioned before) and your own process of combining things you perceived before. Otherworldly, you will never imagine something that doesn't have its ground in your previous experience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sp564

Activity: 86
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:40:40 AM

In psychological studies, it's generally been found that people have a fantastical image of themselves and of many potential dangers. For example, 90% of drivers think they are above average; similar figures apply for teachers and other employees/professionals and also for looks and other desirable traits (Lake Wobegon effect)

In fact, depressed people are more likely to accurately predict the likelihood of danger and evaluate themselves on desirable traits than are non-depressed people.

Fantasies help keep goals in mind and allow us to pursue tasks that otherwise would seem hopeless because they are so far off in time and effort.

JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:19:57 AM

Imagination is what distinguishes us from other animals, which too have imagination but very contingent and limited to immediate action plans. We have almost no limits in what we can imagine and doing that is one of the big pleasures of life - and it can also be very useful from a practical use, if you imagine a new business or product or book to write. The only risk of imagination is if you lose the track of the boundaries between fantasy and reality - then you may become a mythomaniac or worse.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
snowwyjonny

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:28:39 AM

I do fantasize a lot, about  education, my dream job, world peace, love life and much more. Sometimes it affects my decisions in reality because my fantasies are what I want in reality. So sometimes it guided me on my decision making.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:36:51 AM

Hay Dave one day see those paintings they will move ..
Oh piss off Barry your fantasising again Roll Eyes   you remind me of some guy i once knew called badecker..

Next you be saying they will be a little box that everyone watches with real people inside it we all watch..
I tell you what dave you don't half come up with some fantasies you do..
inlovewith

Activity: 257
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:32:10 PM

I think most people run on fantasy because it makes much easier to live. This actually not a good thing though, because it prevents them from accurately judging a situation.
overnight03

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:42:28 PM

Fantasy is really useful for us . It help us achieve success faster  .
Thanks to fantasy , many miracles have occurred . You should read book '' think rich and grow rich '' , it will help you bettter  .

wRexz

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 04:02:45 PM

Fantasy - something that is produced by the imagination, often fun and help us to experience in our imaginations what we can not immediately access in our environment and often perfect because we play all the characters in a fantasy. Everyone does exactly what we want, we get the outcome we want. We are in control in a fantasy and none of the participants can do anything we dislike. That’s why it’s a fantasy. It’s all about us.

Reality - the act of imagining something. The storied life that we lead.

Dreams move us from the imagination of fantasies into a world of possibilities. The dream is the wish that needs fleshing out. Dreams are at least based in part on reality and they connect our imagination to the world of doing. When we dream we put ourselves in the world of what could possibly happen. We have to take responsibility for our dreams and turn them into reality. The steps are: dream, choose, plan, execute and overcome the obstacles.
constructivistd

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:55:32 PM

You answered your own question with the first quotation. Our real world as we think of it is a mere fantasy of ours which form is pretty much influenced by our culture and surroundings. You never perceive real world as it is, it always has a bit of your imagination so to say. Your culture can and does influence what you see and feel. As for imagination as a process of coming up with certain ideas that you do not really perceive them it is also a mix of reality (which is not reality as I mentioned before) and your own process of combining things you perceived before. Otherworldly, you will never imagine something that doesn't have its ground in your previous experience.

Exactly. Reality is just local phantasy.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:45:35 PM

We are an creative and imaginative beings by nature. We fantasize about things which we cannot act upon in reality. Let's split the question.

1. What''s the difference between fantasy and reality in your opinion, do not tell me you have never fantasized about anything?

2. Does your imagination/or your fantasy influence your decisions in reality?

3. What do you think, is holding on to your fantasy would make you successful or embracing the reality and surrendering to it is the way of success?

I would have used dream instead of fantasy, but dreaming is a subconscious process which we do not have much control upon, but fantasizing is a conscious process where we purposefully/deliberately think that this thing could have been like this rather than that.

Another thing, fantasy here is not in the NSFW sense, it is more like reality vs your thought process or what you think should be real.

These quotes would be more helpful.

We need fantasy to survive because reality is too difficult

Pleasure may come from illusion, but happiness can come only of reality.

There's a difference between the perception of reality and fantacy. Fantacy is our imaginations. It can be just a part of our dreams, the things the we wanted to do and we wanted to have. Through it, we can go wherever we want. Reality is our present state, it is the fact of our being. In reality, we can't have the things we wanted to have if we don't work for it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
kylekyle2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:46:51 PM

Reality are the things that are tangible, can be seen, smelled, touched. It is anything that we can consider true as it appeals to our senses. Fantasies on the other hand are the things we might wish but exists only on our imagination and not in the real world.

Blockshipping  ───────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ███████████████             Twitter     Facebook         
The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread  
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:06:14 PM

this is a very important topic, because many people who can't get what they want in reality can go completely into their fantasies...this is observed in the modern world and it's sad that people don't make efforts to become happy
dumbfounded22

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:11:27 PM

There are people who know how to fantasize, generate ideas and there are implementers, practitioners,
and only their union creates something new. We perceive reality through
their properties. Changing them  we can see a completely different world.
Laboico

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:14:14 PM

I've seen controlled dreams after using nootropics
shiki3226

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:35:36 AM

Reality is anything that is considered and was proven be true. While fantasy on the other hand is something that just might be a product of our imagination but may or may not happen as reality.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:15:43 AM

Obviously Fantasy is not real but with fantasy we can do whatever we wanted, we can create things with our mind. Reality is real and in real life, life is too unfair sometimes but we need to accept all the possibilities that it can happen in life.
charmaine08

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:40:43 AM

Fantasies help to forget something bad and improve the mood. It's like diving for a while in a fairy tale of cruel reality.

Yes that's true .You can do also anything that you want in fantasies life .you can think that you are a very well-known person and a billionaire .you can think also that you are a princess that have a handsome prince .But in real life you are poor and have a miserable life 😢😢.
CryptoKyddie

Activity: 182
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:06:00 AM

Sometimes the difference between fantasy and reality can be blurred. Shouldn't be blurred too often. However, a break from the regular old hum drum life is important for all people. When we are kids, we are raised to believe that anything in life is possible, but as we get older we have to pay taxes and realise that it's often harder to meet many of our dreams and expectations. Today I had a break from reality at the cinema and watched Paddington Bear 2. Was enjoyable escape for 1.5 hours.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: