Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:45:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Governments Shutdown the Internet?  (Read 7220 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:27:33 AM

There is no way that the government will shutdown the internet because if they do that, the people will got mad and there will be a big protest and people will against the government. The government will collapse
internet nowadays are part of people primary needs , just like clothes, eat and any other primary things. could you imagine what happened when government decide to ban people to eat? to wear clothes? , it's same thing when op throw his thoughts about shutting down internet , it's a strange thought lol.
Yes, I believe yes the internet now is an essential part of the life such as food clothes and shelter. The internet is playing a high role in running almost all the activities of daily life, for example if you want to deposit some balance into your bank account you need the internet for it or making a police complain is online, if you want some rescue services you can use both the phone and the online application and also most of the government departments are linked with the internet so there is no such option with the government to shutdown internet.
I am agree with you guys, such an optoin that the governments will shut the Internet down will not happen because the governments are still needing the Internet to do a lot of things related.
Not only the government can make the internet goes shutdown because there are some scenarios that can shutdown the internet and one of them is a big war, especially world war, it will shutdown the internet because of the damage that has been done by the different chaotic activities but overall, if we will just base in government then it is completely impossible for them to just shutdown the internet.
highlandknight

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:42:19 AM

I feel that governments have no rights to shutdown the internet. School going children to old people depends upon the internet for real life things. If shutdowns, people will call to government ban.
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:50:35 AM

no way it will happen , its impossible to shutdown the whole internet what are you talking ? even government need internet sometimes , basically internet its almost 50% of what people needed right now , if internet disappear whole things will be changed such a park will crowded again lol

radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:01:11 AM

I feel that governments have no rights to shutdown the internet. School going children to old people depends upon the internet for real life things. If shutdowns, people will call to government ban.
With the internet all countries can be developed and developed if the government wants to turn off the internet is not unusual in the modern era as now because many countries feel the progress with the internet, with the internet all activities at this time can be done inside without having to bother like the era previous.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:07:03 AM

Dude nobody will shutdown the internet in the whole world. Every people who governs depends on the internet connection we're having. And it is not good for them to shut it down. People will get angry when they do that, and those people might shut them down also.
AiWanChu

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:34:22 AM

internet cannot be shut down, need a total apocalypse for that to happen  Grin
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:41:33 AM

I think that government would not go to that extent of shutting down internet to ban bitcoin.It would be a foolish act to do so and if government does it,then it would also affect all the digital transactions carried out in banks and other offices.So,internet could not be banned and hence bitcoin could not be banned.
Renji Abarai

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:42:25 AM

How? Government can not shutdown the net unless it is a global effort or there is a catastrophe happened. Almost all businesses are dependent of internet in their operations. If this happened, I am sure there is a worldwide protest anywhere on the planet.  Wink

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ JOIN WHITELIST ]
▬        ICO  >  May 5th - June 4th        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
ZzV1Finn

Activity: 345

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:43:52 AM

The Internet can not be completely blocked, there will still be opportunities for some sort of detour. In addition, I think that many politicians themselves use bitcoin and it is not profitable for them to block it.

v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:46:35 AM

There is no way that the government will shutdown the internet because if they do that, the people will got mad and there will be a big protest and people will against the government. The government will collapse
internet nowadays are part of people primary needs , just like clothes, eat and any other primary things. could you imagine what happened when government decide to ban people to eat? to wear clothes? , it's same thing when op throw his thoughts about shutting down internet , it's a strange thought lol.
Yes I agree with your opinion, the government closed the internet access? I think it is impossible because this time all require internet access no matter who it is, even the internet has become a daily necessity for many people, and now all its things We all do need internet access such as transactions, trade or other, I think if the country is indeed close the access it will have a bad impact on the country itself
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:21:53 PM

Nope I think the government could just shutdown the internet. The government has any control over their country. But see the centrality of the internet as a key requirement for every country's current population. So it seems the government will never do that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: