Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:20:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else think "long term" hodlers are idiots?  (Read 27227 times)
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:30:33 PM

I don't have anything against anyone who decides to hold for a long term and with all suggestions for everyone else to do so as well, don't get me wrong I'd be holding btc as well if I had the conditions to do to, but with the situation like that right now where most of the people who have btc are holding it, don't deny that bitcoin is turning into an investment asset.

Sadly, it's probably what will ti remain as in the future, but no, I don't think that long term holders are idiots. They've turned out to be huge winners in btc case.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
sopromat

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:30:06 PM

The only idiots in here are the ones who are not holding.. not the ones who are holding bitcoins, there is a big, big difference in there.
I dont like the people who is sooo obsessed about bitcoin, but yes, the holders are good people and of course that most of them are wealthy guys.
Real_Person

Activity: 144
Merit: 27

Smarter Contracts: "Quietly Making Noise"

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:48:37 AM

The only idiots in here are the ones who are not holding.. not the ones who are holding bitcoins, there is a big, big difference in there.
I dont like the people who is sooo obsessed about bitcoin, but yes, the holders are good people and of course that most of them are wealthy guys.

idiot 
The above word is a bit harsh, but you must know the people who sold, at least some BTC, above $19K and bought back below $15K are laughing at people like YOU!
Peace and LOVE to you this season.   Cheesy
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:58:12 AM

You know how is really laughing? Someone who sold BTC at $1100, multiplied those gains by 1000% with some other investment, instead of the funds sitting hodl limbo during crypto winter for 2 years, and THEN used those proceeds to rebuy 50 times more coins at $180.

60659 📦
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:20:11 AM

Finally someone ride the same wave with me and understand what the real meaning of those two words "long term"  Kiss
Those who holds in long term, those people are thinking their future and the future price of bitcoin of course, they think bitcoin price will increase for up to $30k, and as of now we still have almost $13-14k, it drops after it hit $18k. But those who holds in long term take advantage with that dips to invest more than they have right now.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:49:04 AM

This forum in general inspires very little confidence regarding the financial capabilities of people.

You know how is really laughing? Someone who sold BTC at $1100, multiplied those gains by 1000% with some other investment, instead of the funds sitting hodl limbo during crypto winter for 2 years, and THEN used those proceeds to rebuy 50 times more coins at $180.

Your comment has a few problems:

1) It's nigh on impossible for people to perfectly time entering and exiting the market at recent historical high/lows - if you could do this with such great accuracy on Bitcoin you would probably do better day-trading shares.

2) No non-speculative (i.e. irrationally risky) investment offers a 10x return over 2 years. At least not to the general public - there might be exceptions if you had particular knowledge in the finance industry, and had a very large investment pool to play with.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:57:00 AM

Some stocks did well in 2015 and 2016. Nintendo had some good runs. Not 10x unless you used leverage.

I remember being a Pokemon Go early adopter and seeing how big and magical it was and knowing that I should buy Nintendo shares right then. But all my money was in fucking hodl. After that Nintendo went up 100-150% in days.

60659 📦
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:51:20 AM

I don't have anything against anyone who decides to hold for a long term and with all suggestions for everyone else to do so as well, don't get me wrong I'd be holding btc as well if I had the conditions to do to, but with the situation like that right now where most of the people who have btc are holding it, don't deny that bitcoin is turning into an investment asset.

Sadly, it's probably what will ti remain as in the future, but no, I don't think that long term holders are idiots. They've turned out to be huge winners in btc case.
I believe that those long term hodlers are the ones who have benefited the most from the huge growth of bitcoin. We all know that and calling them idiots because of that is absurd. In fact, many people are envy for those who have the chance to hold as much and as long as they can and wishes that somehow they have also known bitcoin at that time. We know that because the price of bitcoin reaches a new level for this year, its popularity has also grown and for those who have their bitcoins in their wallet for a long time surely have made a fortune out of it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:46:26 PM

Funny how every time the market is in a recession and losers keep holding on to their losses they magically become "long term" holders.

God damn it, "long term" is such a stupid meme. Admit it, you wanted to get rich quick and once you realised you are too dumb to swing trade you suddenly became a "long term" loser.

Such idiocity.

You think Dan Balzerian held anything "long term"?

Long term is for losers.

We've been having this discussion since bitcoin first started trading back in 2011.

I guess it depends. Some of the early bitcoiners thought like you and when they sold the coins they bought for $2 for $32, that they were making a smart move. But the guys who held till $15,000 were smarter.

The question is, will we ever see gains like we have seen in the last 9 years. If you think the answer is No, then selling is the right thing to do. If teh answer is yes, then holding is the right thing to do.

My personal view is that while holding worked well in the past, if bitcoin can't fix it's fee problem, it will get bypassed and we've therefore seen the highs and it's downhill from here.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
ashler

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:46:51 PM

HODL = GOOD
TRADE = GOOD
GREED = BAD

Someone who bought 1,000 BTC for 1 USD each and is still holding qualifies as a greedy person. That person could cash now 14,000,000 $ (14 Million!), but if he is holding just because he expects the price to go higher still, that's greed, plain and simple.

Being greedy can be very risky, because one can see reduced his gains if BTC crashes to the half, like the current trend seems to show.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:42:02 PM

HODL = GOOD
TRADE = GOOD
GREED = BAD

Someone who bought 1,000 BTC for 1 USD each and is still holding qualifies as a greedy person. That person could cash now 14,000,000 $ (14 Million!), but if he is holding just because he expects the price to go higher still, that's greed, plain and simple.

Being greedy can be very risky, because one can see reduced his gains if BTC crashes to the half, like the current trend seems to show.

No that person has a vision and doesn't think in fiat terms, what is the dumbest thing you can do in times of massive inflation in each nation state currency!
Not everyboy is in Bitcoin just for the money!
This is not why Bitcoin was created! Hodlers who are holding for many years now and studied Bitcoin know what it is really about!
A global financial renaissance with sound money which provides you financial sovereignty and total freedom!
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:04:42 PM

only idiots will think this. Long term hodlers are always winners and short term sellers are always losers.
This trend will continue until halving around 2019
ashler

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:15:30 PM

HODL = GOOD
TRADE = GOOD
GREED = BAD

No that person has a vision and doesn't think in fiat terms, what is the dumbest thing you can do in times of massive inflation in each nation state currency!
Not everyboy is in Bitcoin just for the money!
This is not why Bitcoin was created! Hodlers who are holding for many years now and studied Bitcoin know what it is really about!
A global financial renaissance with sound money which provides you financial sovereignty and total freedom!

Not everybody is in Bitcoin just for the money! ==> Agreed.

I am talking about the holders that ARE ONLY because of the money. And they very likely outweigh in number to those that are there because of the philosophy behind bitcoin (which I really like, by the way)
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:59:13 PM

It all depends on the investor's strategy. It doesn't matter whether you do short term trading or hodling for long term investment, what matters is your own goal and strategy. Profit is still a profit. Do not let greed take over and learn from your mistakes to be a better and wiser investor/trader.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:11:32 PM

Wont give a Cent to the government as taxes, so HODL is the only option.
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:24:17 PM

Funny how every time the market is in a recession and losers keep holding on to their losses they magically become "long term" holders.

God damn it, "long term" is such a stupid meme. Admit it, you wanted to get rich quick and once you realised you are too dumb to swing trade you suddenly became a "long term" loser.

Such idiocity.

Long term is for losers.

Long term is well known not to be the most profitable strategy but for people with no skills or no interest in trading it has thus far been a very lucrative and effective strategy so I don't get the need to beat up on it.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:58:38 PM

Such idiocity.

Long term is for losers.

I was not yet in the forum when you posted this but I think you just lost a double profit there. All I can say is hahaha. Pretty sure holding is for losers when they are currently holding the same amount with thousands of dollars more in value. (  Grin respect )
When you posted this, value of BTC is about $3k. Even holding from midyear until today could give you sure good bucks.
Let's not be talking nonsense. Volality is crazy and no one can really predict a certain value. Hodl or sell value will definitely move.
CryptoCurr

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:08:27 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 01:19:46 AM by CryptoCurr

No. in fact, the long-term bitcoin holders are the smartest guys ever because the moment you cash out you lose by spending while they left their money in bitcoin for the next years to come. Imagine, the price of bitcoin in the next 5 years and where is your current bitcoin investment by that time?
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:20:29 AM

Long term is well known not to be the most profitable strategy but for people with no skills or no interest in trading it has thus far been a very lucrative and effective strategy so I don't get the need to beat up on it.
Hodling doesn't yield you anything until you sell, so in that regard it might be right to say that it isn't the most profitable thing to do, but you can also choose to combine hodling with trading to increase the number of your coins.

From that point you are taking advantage of both worlds to maximize your profits, and that's honestly the best way forward if you don't mind taking an extra bit of risk. People shouldn't underestimate how difficult trading is.

If it really was as easy as some people here say it is, then they would have upped their game and refrain from acting like complete noobs. In most cases if people talk about them trading, it's actually them guessing/gambling.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:33:28 AM

I would not think that they are the ones who do not understand about the future of the transaction so that it will definitely grow in the future. I'm very sure bitcoin will be a means of transactions in the future so I'm sure the price will surely be more than now. Therefore I will hold it until I feel this has been very profitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: