Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:48:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Help! Bitcoin Mining Won't Connect Worker  (Read 756 times)
Tempvs Fvgit (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:03:01 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 11:14:41 AM by Tempvs Fvgit

I've just started mining for Bitcoin, and I followed all of the steps from a couple of sources.

However, when I enter in the data to get my miner to start mining, it says "Connection Problems" or it's in a constant state of "Connecting...".

For my Bitcoin Wallet, I use Bitcoin Core.

For my pool, I'm using Slush's pool.

For my mining software, I use GUIMiner.

Here's what I see on my GUIMiner worker:

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee451/kovacs22/Bitcoin%20Mining%20Snapshot_zpsiueffe9b.png

Is it that I'm using an older version of GUIMiner? It is from 2012, but that's the one I saw available.

If not, is it the Host? There's an option for "Slush's Pool" as opposed to "Other". However, "Slush's Pool" doesn't seem to work, and one workaround I read online was to use "Other" and manually enter the host info.

Or, is the Host name and/or Port info wrong?

Otherwise, is it the name / password? Based on the naming convention on the Slush's Pool website, I simply copy and pasted the name they say to use, so I believe that's correct. The password they say to use is any arbitrary text.

Thanks in advance!

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 12:34:11 PM

You are trying to mine with ancient software that only mines on CPU or GPU and a computer without mining hardware attached. The ancient software does not speak the current mining protocol and non ASIC hardware cannot meaningfully mine bitcoin. Please read bitcoin mining 101:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1944976.0
/locked

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: