Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:45:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Profitability  (Read 3301 times)
Valgard19 (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:42:16 PM

Hello, guys what do you think about the profitability in the near future. Like two, three months. mining on RX 5xx and 4xx will be still profitable? what about Rx vega how much it can change market? what witch epoch ?? the hashrate will drop so hard. what when the ethereum proof of stake. the miners will change the Currencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:05:20 PM

The future can't be predicted but if you asking for opinions, mine is that within 3 months revenue will be down to between $1 and $2 per card per day.  How much of that is profit (if any) will depend on your electric cost.  Difficulty will almost certainly continue to increase and prices I think will not rise significantly.  I wouldn't worry about POS - the good times will be a distant memory by the time that happens.

But that's just my opinion.  Other people may well think very differently.  It's a gamble or a hobby but IMHO I wouldn't call it an investment at this stage.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:01:01 PM

It's a gamble if you are putting lots of money into the mining game today.

But you have to consider a few things. 

The market has gone into a bear market and all coins are taking a big shit, eth down 20%, difficulty keeps rising, the eth difficulty bomb artificially rising difficulty at increasing rates and hardware prices at all times high. 

In 2-3 months those memory's of making 5 bucks a day per gpu will be remembered as the good days, right there with litecoin.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:17:11 PM

Will ne good i think because more investire will join the party and the value will increase even more, there is no risk in mining because the gpu csn always be resold without  much problem

dandreark1

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:19:48 PM

Obviously rising difficulty returns will slow down through the end of the year..Everyone has their own opinion. However I have read about something called the Ethereum Ice Age protocol, i'd look into it.. but there will always be a coin to mine IMHO. Just has to be worth it to you, financially.

I invested a substantial amount of money, well atleast for myself ha.. but the investment building multiple set-ups i'll never regret ha. And well, they're doing great and on track with my projected returns, and considering the long term variable cost of Eth and it's potential. I'm not concerned..

ZEC being a privacy protocol coin affiliated with btc, which if i'm not mistaken will be PoW, always. I think it's a huge safety for miners with the eth PoS issue on mind..

I think ETH will hold it's own as the dominant cryptocurrency, but if btc stays alive for a considerable amount of time, longer then when the ETH ice age protocol hits .. I think zcash will still be there, as an extremely profitable coin to mine..

For example today with ETH taking a dive and the past couple of days for that matter, I'm much better off changing all my rigs to mine zec vs eth at the moment..

Lastly, which kind of gave me the push into mining..I feel if you're purchasing high end tech hardware, re-sell is phenomenal with GPU shortages along with everything else disappearing.. if crypto crashes and mining becomes unprofitable.. Next most profitable coin or a yard sale should be able to cover any 'losses' and then some. I don't believe in losses when it comes to this though.. At the point the difficulty exceeds profitability I'll already have returned on my investment.. but again, everyone has their own opinion.
Pennywis3

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:22:19 PM

Will ne good i think because more investire will join the party and the value will increase even more, there is no risk in mining because the gpu csn always be resold without  much problem

Not realy.
There will be tons of other miners selling them so they will go dirt cheap, not really gonna help ROI Smiley
f5alcon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:23:23 PM

Hello, guys what do you think about the profitability in the near future. Like two, three months. mining on RX 5xx and 4xx will be still profitable? what about Rx vega how much it can change market? what witch epoch ?? the hashrate will drop so hard. what when the ethereum proof of stake. the miners will change the Currencies.
In the last two weeks my profitability has gone from $32 a day to $24. Added almost 2 months to my breakeven.  
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:30:38 PM

By the end of this month your 5 months return of investment will become 5 years hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
dandreark1

out here

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:37:31 PM

Not realy.
There will be tons of other miners selling them so they will go dirt cheap, not really gonna help ROI Smiley

There will definitely be a point where GPU resell will be substantial.. I mean i bought 12 x rx580's for 250.00 per...

I could unload next year for close to the same price IMO. My 1080ti's i'm very confident in resell value as well. Again, just my 2 cents.
newtybar

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:42:14 PM

I think everyone is overestimating resale value.

Majority of current price is driven by miners who are looking to jump in the craze.  However, what do you think will happen once this becomes unprofitable again? 

Market will be flooded with people trying to sell their equipment about 3-5 months from now. 

ccccccc7

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:45:58 PM

Crypto has been bearish for a good few days now and there will be a lot of shaky hands around.

Mining can not remain this profitable unless new money keeps flowing into crypto due to the massive amount of hardware entering the ecosystem.

All these new miners are looking for ROI and money will keep pouring out.

Global events, however, do play a massive part.

A large global recession or currency collapse will cause investors to flood to precious metals and more than likely digital gold (crypto).

IMO
Plumbus

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:48:01 PM

Majority of current price is driven by miners who are looking to jump in the craze.  However, what do you think will happen once this becomes unprofitable again? 

Market will be flooded with people trying to sell their equipment about 3-5 months from now. 

When mining becomes unprofitable again you'll be lucky to sell used [4,5]xx cards for the cost of shipping
Pennywis3

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:49:30 PM

Not realy.

There will definitely be a point where GPU resell will be substantial.. I mean i bought 12 x rx580's for 250.00 per...

I could unload next year for close to the same price IMO. My 1080ti's i'm very confident in resell value as well. Again, just my 2 cents.

Yeah, the 1080ti is a flagship and will hold its price for a long time, at least until Volta arrives.

Vega i hear someone shouting in the back? 1080ti will crush Vega  Grin
Pennywis3

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:51:55 PM

3-5 months?

Dude, if coin values keep dropping like they are now, this is gonna happen in less than a month.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:52:41 PM

By the end of this month your 5 months return of investment will become 5 years hehe
that's the possibility with mining difficulty so while its still doing it keep trying and enjoy the ride and be wise invest only with your money that really spare and never invest all in even in mining equipment since a lots of miners and newbies who loves to mine that will be a possible competitors inside this investment so be very careful.
thesmokingman

Activity: 212

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:54:04 PM

Block times for ETH are going to increase to 20 seconds in a few weeks and then to 30 second in two months. This will drive up the difficulty on its own as it reduces the amount of ETH that's mined per day. When this happens the MILLIONs of GPUs mining ETH will move into other coins crashing any profit and skyrocket the difficulty. People can forget about ROIing on their gear this year as their biggest choice will be if they're willing to mine at a loss or close to it or take the loss and sell their gear. Those who went about this smartly will prosper as sadly it will be the new people who will suffer the most...

https://blog.ethereum.org/2017/05/24/roundup-round-iii/

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
Jmattes

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:56:04 PM

These are the same conversations I saw 3 years ago..
After the hype, the mining market crashes.. which is why I only bought (2) 1080tis..
I got into the game late.. So this way I at least have a monster gaming rig at the end of this.

However, maybe we will get lucky and it won't take 3 years for another hype and today's mining equipment will still be valid.
dandreark1

out here

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:58:42 PM

3-5 months?

Dude, if coin values keep dropping like they are now, this is gonna happen in less than a month.

Miners are not the primary driving force for the price of ethereum.. I think you need to look at the bigger picture..Not sure if you think everyone's dumping their equipment in 3-5 months because of PoS, some may, but people with a plan when this started, won.. If you're privvy to whats going on with Casper protocol, ethereum ice age protocol, have a backup plan for a coin to mine, and a fire sale plan for your hardware. It's tough to take a hard loss. Research and plan.
Pennywis3

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:00:58 PM

I really hope, that coin prices start rising, so we can all enjoy profits a bit longer.

dandreark1

out here

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:01:47 PM

Does anyone else see zcash as an extremely solid PoW coin when Eth Ice Age hits or Casper is implemented?
Or am I alone here..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: