Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 07:18:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC sudden price fall?  (Read 3539 times)
Frosten (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:50:39 PM

Hello!

Over the past days BTC has fallen quite a bit, also ETH. Any clue why? Seems to be opportunity to buy more.

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:01:20 PM

Gold is down.

Silver is down, too.

I would guess those holding gold/silver/bitcoin sold off to produce more liquidity for themselves or its a form of price manipulation.

If the two italian banks in bankruptcy held gold/silver/btc and sold off their holdings to payoff their debts, that might make sense.
Frosten (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:14:34 PM

Thanks! Yes it's a exciting time, financial crisis often happen between 7-10 years and we are soon there again.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 07:41:28 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 08:09:47 PM by deisik

Gold is down.

Silver is down, too.

I would guess those holding gold/silver/bitcoin sold off to produce more liquidity for themselves or its a form of price manipulation

Did you check how much gold went down?

It is somewhere in the range of 1-1.5%. Basically, the change is just bordering on average daily volatility of this metal (and it's already rebounded to 1,243 dollars per ounce). Regarding cryptocurrency going south, the explanation is simple, and I've been telling it for a week already. The market had been mostly undecided for the last few days, and now as the Judgment day draws nearer, people become nervous and anxious, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that they are looking to cash out. I suspect we should see extreme volatility in July

The market had been mostly undecided for the last few days, and now as the Judgment day draws nearer, people become nervous and anxious, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that they are looking to cash out. I suspect we should see extreme volatility in July

Thank you Deisik. Judgement day, do you mean Segwit?

August, 1st, yeah

Frosten (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:49:09 PM

The market had been mostly undecided for the last few days, and now as the Judgment day draws nearer, people become nervous and anxious, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that they are looking to cash out. I suspect we should see extreme volatility in July

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:57:37 PM

Hello!
Over the past days BTC has fallen quite a bit, also ETH. Any clue why? Seems to be opportunity to buy more.
If you think that the price of all the major coins are going down is a good thing so that you could accumulate more coins,good luck with that idea, i do expect this to be a regular procedure after any major rally,the market just corrected itself.You might see a rally in BTC in the coming months.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:01:44 PM

It is somewhere in the range of 1-1.5%. Basically, the change is just bordering on average daily volatility of this metal (and it's already rebounded to 1,243 dollars per ounce). Regarding cryptocurrency going south, the explanations is simple, and I've been telling it for a week already. The market had been mostly undecided for the last few days, and now as the Judgment day draws nearer, people become nervous and anxious, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that they are looking to cash out. I suspect we should see extreme volatility in July

On second thought, it could be ethereum price falling through the floor that is dragging down btc..

Bitcoin isn't a bubble.

ETH could definitely be a bubble though. Its fall could diminish btc's value as eth's bubble pops.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:06:19 PM

Hello!

Most probably some people are cashing out to avoid major casualties on their assets. Nothing to worry about since it is normal. Some also say that we are on a bear market so we will see downsides more often.

It is a great opportunity to buy Bitcoin because of the low price. As what they all say, "buy on the dips".

Yes, yes he does.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6142

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:08:15 PM

If you check coinmarketcap or any site that list the 24h changes on different coins, you will see that every coin had a huge dump except for 2 (If we exclude Tether which is supposed to have stable value of 1 USD) and bitcoin didn't really get much of a price decrease compared to others. ETH in the other hard is not doing well, It's probably caused by the ICOs selling ETH for fiat to start the development and the network issues that they are currently having.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Frosten (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:09:51 PM

If you think that the price of all the major coins are going down is a good thing so that you could accumulate more coins,good luck with that idea, i do expect this to be a regular procedure after any major rally,the market just corrected itself.You might see a rally in BTC in the coming months.

So your idea is that I should buy more coins on a high, not when it's low? That's not what I have been doing the last 4 years.

What do you mean by rally? Do you mean fluctuations in price? Why do you think it will be more tense?

When will Segwit be decided, are there a lot of drama because of it? I have been gone for a while Smiley.

Thanks
Mormyr

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:12:15 PM

Yes, yes he does.

Why, how would Segwit have any effect on the price, I mean in the downtrend ? Usually this is the inverse, as hype feeds the rises.
Frosten (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:15:31 PM

Why, how would Segwit have any effect on the price, I mean in the downtrend ? Usually this is the inverse, as hype feeds the rises.

The old hard fork battle, which caused a major vote if I remember correctly caused a lot of drama and a big drop in price, but that was some time ago now, maybe 1-2 years ago.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 08:18:14 PM

It is somewhere in the range of 1-1.5%. Basically, the change is just bordering on average daily volatility of this metal (and it's already rebounded to 1,243 dollars per ounce). Regarding cryptocurrency going south, the explanations is simple, and I've been telling it for a week already. The market had been mostly undecided for the last few days, and now as the Judgment day draws nearer, people become nervous and anxious, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that they are looking to cash out. I suspect we should see extreme volatility in July

On second thought, it could be ethereum price falling through the floor that is dragging down btc..

Bitcoin isn't a bubble.

ETH could definitely be a bubble though. Its fall could diminish btc's value as eth's bubble pops.

As to me, Ethereum is just a wrapper for scams

And if many projects linked to it scam in the end, it will be considered as that exactly. Further, Ethereum going down (for example, due to ICO's starting to fail in massive numbers) should actually contribute to Bitcoin growth since people will move their wealth from it right into Bitcoin. There is no reason to cash out just because of ICO's scamming (which is not Bitcoin's concern). The current decline of most coins has more to do with dismal expectations and increasing anxiety linked to the coming final showdown between Bitcoin developers and miners

bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:18:44 PM

Hello!
just giving opportunity to those people who were wishing to bet bitcoin in low price. so i am thinking that bitcoin is currently trading in low price but it will start increasing very soon, therefore they should hurry up and should not waste the time. because they have a very good opportunity and no one was even expected that the price will come down to such a low price of 2300$.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
singularityisnear

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:22:45 PM

I think it's all about uncertainty. It is almost certain that we will have segwit in less than two months, but people are afraid that later there might be a fork to 2 mb, six months from now. I honestly think it's very unlikely that this will happen.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:26:58 PM

Gold is down.

Silver is down, too.

I would guess those holding gold/silver/bitcoin sold off to produce more liquidity for themselves or its a form of price manipulation.

If the two italian banks in bankruptcy held gold/silver/btc and sold off their holdings to payoff their debts, that might make sense.

So bitcoin is not the only one who is in down. And for sure that there's going to be another round for this correction. But this makes the market very good and balance, ups and downs making our trades good. This is really making those holders sell and do panic selling while the true believers will just keep on holding.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:30:13 PM

Gold is down.

Silver is down, too.

So bitcoin is not the only one who is in down. And for sure that there's going to be another round for this correction. But this makes the market very good and balance, ups and downs making our trades good. This is really making those holders sell and do panic selling while the true believers will just keep on holding.
Once i was a panic seller, but never will repeat my mistake again. Now it is better to buy,look on WAVES it is cheap as hell and it would be really great crypto in future. Nice trades coming soon for all of us =)

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:31:49 PM

Even the price of bitcoin falling down I think you can buy also bitcoin because I believe it will increase again. I think why bitcoin price is fall because people panic selli.g because of the segwit in august 1. I hope it  will not big effect for us. Ethereum also dump in yesterday and I hope it will back again to their price .Buy more ethereum now and alsp bitcoin so you can make a lot of profit. Increase this two coin.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:37:09 PM

Hello!

Over the past hour, it has been something so erratic and even alarming based on the the percentage fall but every situation presents its own opportunity but buying needs to also be strategic not to buy now and price dips further it will then mean one makes more loss even without tasting any form of profit and could even be discouraging but hopefully the market will recover soon to its initial position.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:05:10 PM

Most of the coins or tokens are on ETH chain and that's why when ETH falls it triggers a domino falling and shows how the same people and

Same investors are behind all of the crypto coins, one person sitting behind a laptop or more pathetic with a smart phone dumping every thing

With a single click or tap, seriously look at these market shares negatives all -%21/-%19/-%23/-%25.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: