Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:59:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term argument for bitcoin  (Read 5896 times)
Forester78

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:14:06 AM

Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

I compared them and approximatevily the same assets!
The only difference is that bitcoin was the first, is it that important?

Well they're probably the same and good for long term holdings but personally i haven't researched much about litecoin yet so i'm nit yet too confident in holding fir long term. Btc has been here for quir a while now and a lot of people are interested in it already as well as some countries so as of the moment i thnk btc is more stable and secure.

Many analysts say that some alternative coins are very promising now. I, too, would prefer to invest in young coins, which have not yet risen significantly. But I know that this is a risk. And if you invest in bitcoin, the risk is not so strong

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:27:57 PM

Most alt coins are unknown, some may even possess better characteristics compared to bitcoin but due to low adoption and usage by the public they may just die off. Bitcoin has done the hard part by dragging itself from obscurity. The rest are only riding it's waves. A few like monero,  eth, dash will break through.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:42:40 PM

Do you know who was the second person to put his step on the moon? Well, you will take a paus before telling the answer or may be you don't even know the answer. So what makes up this question? Well Neil Armstrong was the first and his name is on your toung because he was the FIRST. Yes it matters a lot in the race of coins. Bitcoin has went all over the head of people and it has given them freedom to choose and profit to them. Lite coin is secondary to everyone and they won't believe in it so easily as long as it gives back big trust in the form of profits, gains etc.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:52:47 PM

Most alt coins are unknown, some may even possess better characteristics compared to bitcoin but due to low adoption and usage by the public they may just die off. Bitcoin has done the hard part by dragging itself from obscurity. The rest are only riding it's waves. A few like monero,  eth, dash will break through.

I feel these few listed altcoins only dangerous for bitcoin due to high growth rate from the past few months. Especially Etherum has been emerging as project (smart contracts), cost wise and usage.
If we wish bitcoin live longer we need to stay away from any altcoins that we reduce the demand of any altcoins and bitcoin's demand will increase to moon level.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:32:51 PM

The reason that we know that bitcoin will be ok long term is due to the nature of the code that is publically available.

We know that every certain amount of years the bitcoin block reward goes in half. The reason this happens is because it provides a deflationary currency that people know what will happen. The USD for example goes down in value because we continually print more money and go into huge debts. BTC isn't in huge debt and the amount of BTC created is steady and knowable. The reason the USD is worth less and less each year is because it is random and always too much. BTCi is just the right amount and we know what it will be = far less risk.

Beyond BTC being secure and all that, we know how many BTC will exist 10 or 20 years from now. Making it a sure thing. That is why it holds value and will continue to do so. More and more people are switching to online payments and online ordering and this will only help further the btc usebase.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:36:45 PM

Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

The answer is plain and simple and a big yes. It is the first and it already has build its reputation while the other altcoins are still trying to build their own. It also took a couple of years for bitcoin to stay where it is so don't question or argue why people chose bitcoin and are confident with bitcoin for long term investment than those other altcoins, you wouldn't be here in this forum if not for bitcoin too.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:44:33 PM

I think it's not so important to be the first. There are many coins which are more developed in technical sense than bitcoin. But keep in mid that bitcoin started it's "career" almost 10 years ago and LTC and ETH are kids if to compare them with BTC. I am sure one or even some of altcoins may replace bitcoin one day and get even more success, but I can't tell you now when exactly it will happen.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:25:13 PM

The possibility for that to exist, because there are some coins that have a performance system and have good progress for the future, either as an investment or trading altcoin.
But bitcoin as it remains will be king of all altcoin circulating in cryptocurrency
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:54:07 PM

Hello,

Usually because bitcoin is still the number one cryptocurrency. People still believe it can never be replaced even buy a new and better alt-in.

Bitcoin being the first and the most trusted crytocurrenc which are some of the greatest contribution to the cryptocurrency world, and in fact even to the world itself. Bitcoins's blockchain is something really revolutionary.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 06:15:01 PM

Hello,

Many altcoins are pretty much Bitcoin copycats

So Bitcoin has an obvious advantage of being the first comer. But it is not only that. There are quite a few coins which might be considered a lot better than Bitcoin in certain aspects (e.g. anonymity, cheap fees, fast confirmation times). But these features don't significantly increase the popularity of these coins and the reason for that is quite simple. Bitcoin is primarily a tool for speculation, and its use as a vehicle for profiteering by far outpaces its other uses. And you can easily see that all these advantages that many altcoins have are completely inconsequential to this use (i.e. speculation)

jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:22:21 PM

Hello,

It is a matter of trust.

Yes, there are many altcoins out there that has the same feature as Bitcoin that is good for long-term investments. However, if it is not trusted by the people then you might get profit very slow or will not profit at all. Since Bitcoin was around before these alts came to existence, Bitcoin is trusted by the most people so they prefer Bitcoin over others. Having the same potential as long-term investment does not mean the have the same ROI within a specific span of time.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:22:59 PM

I think it's not so important to be the first. There are many coins which are more developed in technical sense than bitcoin. But keep in mid that bitcoin started it's "career" almost 10 years ago and LTC and ETH are kids if to compare them with BTC. I am sure one or even some of altcoins may replace bitcoin one day and get even more success, but I can't tell you now when exactly it will happen.
i do not think that there is any reason that compare bitcoin to nay other altcion. bitcoin is in fact the mother of all the coins, and all the people are revolving around bitcoin, even those people who are investing their money in altcoin for trading purpose but still they are using bitcoin for trading altcoin therefore bitcoin is the number one crypto currency and will remain as number one for ever.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:56:14 PM

Bitcoin is the pioneer of crypto currencies, it has been around longer than any coin, the popularity of this coin is already high the trust level on this coin is also high, but the main reason people choosing bitcoin is because bitcoin has proven to survive multiple obstacles and it always survive and become stronger and bitcoin got a huge supporters

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
youngagethinker

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:21:01 AM

Hello,

The scenario is that, when someone heard about cryptocurrencies for example he heard about etherium and thought curiosity of course he will know about Bitcoin too, and because Bitcoin has the most users and has the highest value then he will fall in love with btc and will research more about it and if he has money, he will invest it. Being first is always has a difference in the second, of course there are some cases that the newest version is always the best but btc gained trust and been the major cryptocurrency through the years, it is possible to beat that but it will be tough.
I'll be storing more btc.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:45:06 AM

With that being said, bitcoin kind of happened before the banks were aware of it, it crept up on everyone. Bitcoin is a goverment/bank nightmare; funds whizzing around not attached to socials, capital flight, and citizens hiding assets. In other words, hard to regulate. ETH and XRP are mutable in that regard.

Bitcoin is the oldest and most generally trusted blockchain; that's why it will always be here. But it won't necessarily be the most popular blockchain forever, that will be a corporate sponsored blockchain, and most likely Ethereum.

If Google makes a coin, ID drop bitcoin like a bad habit. Because Google and it's coffers simply wouldn't let that coin die.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:47:42 AM

Hello,

You are right about some altcoins having the same features about bitcoin. In fact, there are some that have better features when compared to bitcoin but people are more confident with the long term for bitcoin just because it has built it's trust and bitcoin has proven multiple times already that even if price goes down, it will go up again someday and other altcoins are only bitcoin copycats or just a hyped coin. Even if you compare bitcoin and other altcoins, bitcoin would still prevail at least for now. There is still a possibility that someday a new altcoin will dethrone bitcoin. That being said, I don't think it would be litecoin because it only got segwit implemented, nothing more and many altcoins are better than litecoin too.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 10:20:39 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 03:27:32 PM by deisik

i do not think that there is any reason that compare bitcoin to nay other altcion. bitcoin is in fact the mother of all the coins, and all the people are revolving around bitcoin, even those people who are investing their money in altcoin for trading purpose but still they are using bitcoin for trading altcoin therefore bitcoin is the number one crypto currency and will remain as number one for ever

Being the mother (or father) doesn't mean that it will always be at the top

As I said above, many altcoins are technically better than Bitcoin, but this alone doesn't guarantee their popularity since Bitcoin is popular not because of its technical edge (there is none), but simply because it happens to be the most popular coin as a means of speculation. And in this regard specifically, the first comer is the first to receive most of popularity and success (that basically explains why Bitcoin is still No. 1 even if it is technically inferior to some coins). But this cuts both ways, apparently, i.e. if Bitcoin loses its appeal as a speculative asset, for example, it starts bringing constant losses while some other coin gradually rises in price despite Bitcoin going down, Bitcoin will quickly lose its popularity. This is the real thing which every Bitcoin user should remember

calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:59:13 PM

Hello,

I think being the first has its perks and others is just an alternative. Some may have copied bitcoin design and improved it a lot but bitcoin has already established and became the dominant crypto's ever. Of course, people will also go for the original and not the copy cat or shall we shall fake. And now the prices is so high that not even one single copy cat coin can ever matched it. Well some have tried, but the flippening did not happen.
exactly, people always looking for the original and original always better than the copy cat, that's the reason why people prefer to choose bitcoin as a long term investment instead of investing on litecoin. litecoin might be better than bitcoin if it can offering something different feature that community need like other altcoins did, now litecoin is a good alternative for sending small amount since bitcoin isn't suited for small transaction.
actually I think also so we get something original then it will be better and good impact anyway. bitcoin is great for long-term investment because of the bitcoin very profitable. but for the litecoin, but also great for litecoin very nice for a small transaction compared with bitcoin. for now litecoin is indeed great for particular communities but one day maybe bitcoin will be very useful to the wider community with a large transaction.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:55:08 PM

i do not think that there is any reason that compare bitcoin to nay other altcion. bitcoin is in fact the mother of all the coins, and all the people are revolving around bitcoin, even those people who are investing their money in altcoin for trading purpose but still they are using bitcoin for trading altcoin therefore bitcoin is the number one crypto currency and will remain as number one for ever

Being the mother (or father) doesn't mean that it will always be at the top

As I said above, many altcoins are technically better than Bitcoin, but this alone doesn't guarantee their popularity since Bitcoin is popular not because of its technical edge (there is none), but simply because it happens to be the most popular coin as a means of speculation. And in this regard specifically, the first comer is the first to receive most of popularity and success (that basically explains why Bitcoin is still No. 1 even if it is technically inferior to some coins). But this cuts both ways, apparently, i.e. if Bitcoin loses its appeal as a speculative asset, for example, it starts bringing constant losses while some other coin gradually rises in price despite Bitcoin going down, Bitcoin will quickly lose its popularity. This is the real thing which every Bitcoin user should remember
The answer still : first one become more popular and trusted than others, because its decentralized system even though there are a lot of altcoins copied this idea. And yes, if bitcoin start to fall down, altcoins will follow to decline as well, because people see it as the standard of cryptocurrencies. Altcoins could exceed bitcoin if the price could reach Bitcoin level, like $2500 right now, but that's hard to achieved due to people trade altcoins to get bitcoin in the end, simply because bitcoin more popular and worth more than others.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:13:48 PM

If we look Bitcoin history since it was created it's worthing on long term even more and the AltCoins pattern is the same since it was created too (always in second plan while Bitcoin rules). Bitcoin have built reputation, smart investors, developers are interested on it, maybe because when they started having interest in Crypto-Currency, they chose Bitcoin as it was the first Crypto-Currency and all the rest was like a copy of it.

I see Bitcoin like Coca Cola and all the AltCoins like the another sodas. They are all soda, but Coke has something special, Bitcoin the same.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: