Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:19:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The oldest sig ad campaign - get 0.3 BTC/month for free! No need to keep posting  (Read 124761 times)
BarkinTree

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:00:03 PM

Did he pay back every one already ? i dint get mine Sad

No. He's asking for Identification now to have a partial refund. Of course many do not trust him with their identification.

Seriously? That's ridiculous. If we weren't asked for identification upon depositing our coins we shouldn't be asked for identification now.

He's asking for identification so that strangers don't go and just hack everyone's email to go request coins to their own BTC address. So then the returned coins are stolen AGAIN.

Good grief people. Can't you think?

We obviously can't trust him to secure our coins, so what makes you think I'm going to provide him with my identification?

What trust does he need to have to see your identification?

1. We've had tons of forged email headers - including gmail ones that are missing the gmail authentication, but still flagged as valid. Someone even forged as admin@glados.cc.
2. We've had reports of people finding out attempted access to their email accounts. The attacker has everyone's email address and balance to know who to target.
3. We do not want to give any more coins to the attacker.

Knew it. See? I'm not siding with TradeFortress but for fuck sake people. Use your heads.

cut the condescending shit. what trust does he need? he's been accused of being involved in many scams/reneging on deals. he is being accused of orchestrating the hack and has provided no evidence otherwise. he refuses to speak to police despite losing millions of $ of his customers' money. he has gone through painstaking efforts to remain anonymous. even if he's legit, the stupid idiot couldn't even figure out how to secure our email addresses, let alone use a cold wallet. at best, our documents will be stored negligently and, like our money, will go to the hackers. at worst, he will try to steal our identities himself. our name, ID#, address, etc are just pieces of the puzzle in identity theft/fraud. he has our emails and IP logs. if he wanted to do some digging and brute forcing, some people may not have secured themselves well enough.

also, taking the word of TF is not cause to say "knew it"..... the guy is going to try to cover his ass. why would you take what he says as truth?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BarkinTree

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:07:28 PM

Quite some, you don't want a copy of your ID roaming through the net, do you?
In addition to your personal data known as early Bitcoiner that might mark you as a good target one day.

All the information on the ID is already public domain.
no it's not. that is not publicly accessible. it is not public domain.

my street address is not. my id# is not. my name is on the net, sure, but it's not linked to that street address and id#. and my birth date is conclusively tied only to my name -- not to my other pieces of identifying information.

so yes, giving ID is handing half your personal information -- which is not publicly available -- off to TradeFortress.

this guy has been accused of scamming so much -- and even ripping off faucets -- and he has been totally opaque about compensation. no one has any idea the fairness of his payouts. he let people continue depositing while letting others cash out -- himself and his friends, possibly -- for weeks after the hack. why would anyone ever want to give their ID to such a person?
BarkinTree

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:09:39 PM

Quite some, you don't want a copy of your ID roaming through the net, do you?
In addition to your personal data known as early Bitcoiner that might mark you as a good target one day.

All the information on the ID is already public domain.
Then show us your ID. Smiley

I wouldn't want my ID on the net either...
yeah, dude, that's right. ReCat, go ahead and scan us a nice, high res copy of your state ID, please. post it here, since, obviously, it's all public domain and hence you risk nothing.
rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:49:26 PM

I want to have a clear awnser: do we get something for our month of ads in our signature or not?
I am reading a bazillion things here and it confuses me!

i dont think that fortress is even reading this posts, he has a much larger problems now

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:11:19 AM

I want to have a clear awnser: do we get something for our month of ads in our signature or not?
I am reading a bazillion things here and it confuses me!

i dont think that fortress is even reading this posts, he has a much larger problems now

Yeah. These been a few posts that he hasn't read emails, messages and not replying.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:55:09 AM

Whoa, now he's collecting peoples personal IDs as a condition of refunds.  This is cute :0
druid

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:03:44 AM

Whoa, now he's collecting peoples personal IDs as a condition of refunds.  This is cute :0

have you read why? EMAILS can be faked, to be more precise, senders email address can be fake so the attacker since he have all our emails and balances can very well send emails in our name with his BTC adress, is that so hard to understand?
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:20:53 AM

Whoa, now he's collecting peoples personal IDs as a condition of refunds.  This is cute :0

have you read why? EMAILS can be faked, to be more precise, senders email address can be fake so the attacker since he have all our emails and balances can very well send emails in our name with his BTC adress, is that so hard to understand?

But passwords can't be faked... The attacker only has the hash of the password hash, so no juice there...
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 01:17:18 PM

Password is not necessary to fake an email.

You can send a faked email from anywhere.

Also. If you know where to look. You CAN find things like Street Address and places of employment just from a name. HINT: public records. They vary by state but some US states even provide these records online.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_records

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:42:33 PM

Also. If you know where to look. You CAN find things like Street Address and places of employment just from a name. HINT: public records. They vary by state but some US states even provide these records online.

You don't get it...
He can require the password instead of just a mail stating "hi send money to x" and instead of an ID.

P.S.: The US is not the world.
P.S.2: those public records aren't connected to Bitcoin use
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:45:33 PM

You don't get it...
He can require the password instead of just a mail stating "hi send money to x" and instead of an ID.

He's asking for identification were users could just:

- State current & previous passwords
- Ip's logged into the site (if not accessed from tor)

Although, I believe he is no longer returning emails, messages or replying on his threads. Although being active recently.

Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:48:40 PM

You don't get it...

Although, I believe he is no longer returning emails, messages or replying on his threads. Although being active recently.
Well, you can still find him in my thread over here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334391.0
But it's not likely he'll respond
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:00:20 PM

Has TF disappeared completely?  I wouldn't be surprised.
ReCat

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 06:26:30 PM

You don't get it...

Those details are very hard to confirm. He's probably in no place to be manually shuffling through databases to make sure the password(s), and IP addresses is(are) right... In fact most people probably don't know what IP they accessed from before.

Requesting an ID makes most sense because you can just add that to an archive, and if the requester turns out to be the theif then you have some evidence for the police and people.

It doesn't matter if the public records or ID is connected to bitcoin use or not. What matters is that by presenting an ID, hackers trying to STEAL coins will be discouraged from doing so.

Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:36:16 PM

you can find a street address, or multiple, tied to a name, but not necessarily current address or the address on ID. and not conclusive to tie name to identity, especially with more common names.

ReCat

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 08:17:41 PM

you can find a street address, or multiple, tied to a name, but not necessarily current address or the address on ID. and not conclusive to tie name to identity, especially with more common names.

My point still stands.

There's almost no way to tell apart a real, legitimate email, from a forged one. The hacker could have the password for all we know. Nothing can really be trusted in such a situation. An ID is the only failsafe way of discouraging the hacker from trying to forge an email.

Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:06:32 PM

There's almost no way to tell apart a real, legitimate email, from a forged one. The hacker could have the password for all we know. Nothing can really be trusted in such a situation. An ID is the only failsafe way of discouraging the hacker from trying to forge an email.
And what exactly is the ID proving? The hacker could also send a bunch of fake IDs, how would TF know?
He doesn't know who we are in RL.

Your point doesn't stand the slightest bit.
BarkinTree

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:45:08 PM

My point still stands.

failsafe-no. since there is no verification, i can pull a scanned ID off google images -- yes, there are some real ones mixed in with the samples -- and it provides absolutely nothing to prevent fraudulent claims.

at least password and email password are known by the user. an ID doesn't say anything at all. your point does not logically entail that customers be forced to supply ID.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:33:22 AM

Lol.  Campaign is dead.  Tf is retired living off yall's bitcoins.  But the thread keeps on going...
saif92

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:19:00 PM

Lol.  Campaign is dead.  Tf is retired living off yall's bitcoins.  But the thread keeps on going...

yea many in hope may be something happen no realizing its dead and now going to hell

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: