Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:52:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:17:42 PM

Never tried them but this looks cool,if  the couple understand bitcoins value,i will give bitcoin as a wedding gift.

It's a good idea to give bitcoin as wedding gift but with one condition, at least one of the couple should know how to use bitcoin. Otherwise, it can be a wasting gift!

Bitcoin is very specific wedding gift. Not everyone will appreciate it. But for bitcoiners it will be the most valuable gift of all possible. I would like it  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:30:43 PM

For a bitcoin wedding gift for now is rather difficult, especially in my area that is still difficult to reach the internet network, but didn't rule out a time if bitcoin already known to the public and familiar to its use, seems can be provide a gift of bitcoin marriage.  Grin
I think it is good for you that there is an internet problem in your area. Your bitcoins are saved for the time being. I would like to receive bitcoins as my wedding gift but to give it away to someone else, no way. :p
However, I can think of it if the person who is getting married is my buddy. In that case, I will be truly generous.

Same here mate, forget about the wedding; i would never gift the bitcoins to anyone at any occasion. I will try to gift them something which would be more useful for them after the marriage. Now I am trying to collect as many as bitcoins because I really believe that there will be a huge climb in the bitcoin price.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:33:38 PM

Giving my my precious bitcoin as a wedding gift could be seen as weird but since my bitcoin is precious to me so is the celebrant in the wedding.
So in all I can give bitcoin as a wedding gift if the person is precious to me.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:40:57 PM

I answered yes but that only extends to Family or close friends.

We have a culture here where people invite others to their wedding
so that their wedding is paid for and "profits" can be made from their guests.

So unless its family or a very close friend they can have some crappy FIAT
instead of my precious Crypto  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:13:22 PM

Why bitcoin? I think bitcoin as a wedding gift is not a good idea because if the one who is receiving the gift is not interested in bitcoin i think it will just go to waste if you give a bitcoin, do you think it can help him? there's a lot of things to gift as a wedding gift besides bitcoin you can give money so they can use it in their financial needs or just give things that can help them.
What if the couple knows about bitcoins and is also interested, would you give bitcoins as a gift then? To be very honest, it is a very nice and innovative idea to give someone bitcoins as a gift but I would prefer to buy some other stuff because I am not willing to give away my precious bitcoins to anyone. Call me mean. I am Ok with it but don laid your eyes on my asset. :p

Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:09:14 AM

Why bitcoin? I think bitcoin as a wedding gift is not a good idea because if the one who is receiving the gift is not interested in bitcoin i think it will just go to waste if you give a bitcoin, do you think it can help him? there's a lot of things to gift as a wedding gift besides bitcoin you can give money so they can use it in their financial needs or just give things that can help them.
What if the couple knows about bitcoins and is also interested, would you give bitcoins as a gift then? To be very honest, it is a very nice and innovative idea to give someone bitcoins as a gift but I would prefer to buy some other stuff because I am not willing to give away my precious bitcoins to anyone. Call me mean. I am Ok with it but don laid your eyes on my asset. :p

Yeah bitcoin gift is a good idea and a good start for a married couple and I think it is  a unique gift because I don't hear any bitcoin gift before! they just gift things, money and not bitcoin.
santi_09

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:15:56 AM

Because of increasing value of bitcoin, it is really an option to give this as a gift than cash for weddings. Take note, it's the best option. Firstly, what you give now can be multiplied for years to come. Definitely, it's a good savings for newly weds. Secondly, it is tradable to any other coins and commodities. If I will the bride, I would greatly appreciate this gift!
Kabul

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:34:44 AM

Yeah bitcoin gift is a good idea and a good start for a married couple and I think it is  a unique gift because I don't hear any bitcoin gift before! they just gift things, money and not bitcoin.
That's really a good idea but the bride and groom, one of them have to know how to use it and understand how valuable is it. If they really have interest in Bitcoin, I will give them. However, like the guy writes above me, I won't give them my Bitcoins.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Soutogu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:44:07 AM

I guess it could work? Not sure how it'd be perceived though. Usually wedding gifts are for utensils you'll probably need and use on your new home on a daily basis... Could be seen as weird by some people.

And if they newly weds don't even know what it is, then its a big no... get them something else they'll enjoy!
Nazmul012

Activity: 772
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 01:51:59 AM

Really Such an amazing idea, yes i would like to gift them bitcoin as their wedding gift but only then, when bitcoin would be legal in my country. Otherwise police throw them into jail along with me Tongue

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:50:28 AM

Sure.

But ... certainly only limited to friends who use bitcoin only.

onyok

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 15/7 | JOIN NOW!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:26:57 AM

Now this looks little weird, but when days pass people starts gifting bitcoin when the popularity increases, one of my friend already has got bitcoin as a gift during the days of Christmas. But with that both were aware of the digital currency and it's value, but the same makes people think what's this gift with the unknown person. So same as we providing giftcard in future people use bitcoin for gifting purpose.
Yeah it is liitle wierd disicion if somebody do. I cant imagine that i gave a bitcoin as a wedding gift.😞today i cant give bitcoin as my wedding gift because it is too precious. I prefer to give other things like utensils, blanket, etc. And also  I think it is an awkward gift to the reciever especially whend they did not know what bitcoin is.

Kray

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:51:11 PM

I will not give bitcoin as a gift, because if you give a bitcoin gift and don’t know what the gift is then the gift will not be appreciated by the person who was given the gift, I will give the gift of money or something expensive. Hopefully it will be useful For someone I give a gift,
And when they ask me how I can give them money or something expensive for them, I will explain to the person that I can give all of this from my bitcoin sale, maybe with this explanation I can introduce bitcoin directly while talking with Someone who doesn’t know anything about bitcoin
btcconnoisseur

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:53:00 PM

I certainly would, if it would be a tangible token to present. I've heard about original, limited edition of bitcoin tokens issued years ago, so that would be a definite match. Alternatively, buy from a handful of companies that just print tokens and "warrant" ability to redeem each of them into 1 BTC.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:27:21 PM

No, actually bitcoin is much precious crypto currency in my country, even bitcoin is more expensive than gold. So i will not give that big and expensive gift for anyone in his or her wedding. But i will like if anyone give me BITCOIN in my wedding. Then my wedding happy feeling will be double. But may be i will give quarter of bitcoin gift to my best friend in his wedding.
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:32:23 PM

that's an interesting question!! I have ever thought about it before. But I'm thinking there are still many more meaningful gifts. Cheesy And I will give them to my lover ^^
Well, Its an interesting idea. However, I think I will not give it as a wedding gift and bitcoin is very expensive so that I will not give it as a wedding gift. In addition to that, wedding is one the important things in your life and if you are a rich person you could give bitcoin as a wedding gift but I think if you love her or him you should give the things that she or he really want.
katiecbell

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:38:29 PM

Sure.

But ... certainly only limited to friends who use bitcoin only.
I cannot give my bitcoins as a gift to anyone because it is damn obvious I will not give even 0.5 BTCs but to give below this amount will be actually an embarrassment for me so I will go for buying some sort of gift for them. However, I will not mind receiving it as a gift rather appreciates it more.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 08:41:07 PM

I can think of giving bitcoins as a gift if they know what bitcoins are.
If the person doesn't even know about bitcoins, then giving bitcoins to them is a waste of bitcoins and our reputation itself.

BCMB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 09:14:29 PM

If you're the type of person that is going to just give Bitcoin as a gift to someone who doesn't already use it, you're going to come off as a bit of an A**, especially if they had a wedding registry or specific items they wanted. To most people its going to seem like a hassle to use, and they are going to be pissed they have to convert it to cash.

That being said, if you have friends that are into it, or already own some, it could be a good gift.

Celebrity

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:18:08 PM

I could actually give paper wallet having 0.2BTC inside as a wedding gift. I fear that the taker may lose it because they don't know how to use bitcoin. If it is known by more people, we can start giving bitcoins as an elegant gift.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: