Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:09:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you Panic?  (Read 39760 times)
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:20:53 PM

The human mind is programmed to focus on the negatives, so naturally when the price and value of assets plummet, people tend to panic and do stupid things. But not all stupid actions are bad decisions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:40:57 PM

I usually panic hard  Grin after the price gone below my selling price I'll usually buy some more because why not? I'm staying away from trading at this moment, I prefer long term investment this day.

My mind has been settled too for long term investments because I personally will say that panicking is one of the habit that traders shouldn't have. This will destroy your very momentum in trading because your not focus in long term investment and you are letting your emotions drill you easily. That's why just hold your bitcoin and sleep all year round.
Yup, and wait for it value till it goes to the moon. When it didn't goes in the amount you expected ot to reach never panic or sell it. Focus and hold on to your words. Especially if you study the coin very well and you know how to read graphd then we're on the right track.
Don’t need to be panic at all. You, must have to learn about how to read the graphs for bitcoin price. This will help you to make sure that you are not going on wrong side. Whenever the price falls, don’t just panic on a money and just sell, no. Try to make yourself easy with the pumping and dumping.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:50:54 PM

The human mind is programmed to focus on the negatives, so naturally when the price and value of assets plummet, people tend to panic and do stupid things. But not all stupid actions are bad decisions.
I have nothing to panic. For what? I know the fact that bitcoin has its own value to depreciate and the higher the value the more it spreads. It just the same way around since from the beginning of creating bitcoin as crypto currency in this world. Whether people like it or that they or we don't have a choice of its price and we can't even deny the fact that bitcoin keeps on increasing no matter how we deal with other sellers. That's not a bad thing if other will be panicking because maybe they have put up a lot of other coins on their wallet and not even thinking what will happen if they don't manage it well. Furthermore, it will just give pain in expecting a lot from other coins that could ruin your method in circulating your profit.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:26:16 AM

Well in general you learn from these stupid actions. Panic becomes part of your experiences and though you never can entirely remove panicking as it's normal for everyone to do so, you'll be able to handle panic a lot better the next time it happens.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
rtinedal

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:50:02 AM

Before when I was a new in trading I panic everytime I see my portfolio in red I sell them quickly because I am afraid that I will lose all my money. I have done this many times until I got tired of losing so I told myself its better for me to learn trading first before I will trade after learning the basic I went back to trading and now my loses are few.

This is very scary in my part too I don't know what to do when the price is decreasing and all of the coins on my portfolio are in red. This is the way I think, "oh no everything goes red and I would have to sell now before it's too late or I will have nothing before it gets zero."

It's normal you just have to be afraid when the investment drops the value so you invest your money to do so, but do not sell your losses the best thing to do when you buy a coin again. The price drop and the increase are just normal. The unnatural is that you sell your losses. Make a plan b for you to recover really
JollySkipper

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:27:18 AM

I would panic if I had invested to an ICO and after a long time made no progress

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:16:01 PM

It's a natural thing mate and i think everyone get panic while having a tough time in trading. I panic sometimes during the trading of altcoins and yes i sometimes regret later that why i did it. I am quite comfortable and relax while trading bitcoins, when the price of bitcoin falls instead of getting panic i wait for the price to rise again while holding them.  
Panic is very difficult to remove from the attitude of many people. Maybe panic is a thing that every traders must have experienced. To avoid panic I usually always think quietly and maybe I will sleep when the situation I can not control. This will not make me able to make the right decision. Better avoid panic and then start over when the time is right.
yes that is right, in fact it is in nature of the people. i think it is different from person to person. some people who do not have more experience in trading they get panic very soon as compare to those people who have send good time in trading. in fact some people also remain week as naturally and even after passing time in their file they still remain as week.
the most important thing to avoid panic when going to trading is to take a closer look at every step of the trading and the end result. because, not just beginners who often experience panic at the time of trading, but also old players sometimes often experience panic when unexpected results come. panic can just come to the live how we control panic in various situations.
You are right, panic isnt really only for those newbie traders but also to old once, there no exception on this kind of feeling because there are really instances on which we do really suffer loses and would really be on doubt or confusion on how we did lose. Realizations and self study on your own trade executions would really help you out on which part you did make a mistake and later on you would apply it into your next trade set-ups.
This is exactly happening to many old ones in trade. Only newcomers are not being victim of losses but everyone. Risks, losses and profits are always be the constituents of business. So whenever you trade you must be ready with the profits as well as losses and disappointments.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:51:17 AM

Profit gets risky especially for beginners, because you will not know if the price will go down or up, so just panic if you lost you investment. Shocked
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:53:53 AM

Profit gets risky especially for beginners, because you will not know if the price will go down or up, so just panic if you lost you investment. Shocked
That is common for the newbies but it can be fix if they are going to study how the game works and how to make good entries on their investment so they will not be able to get in panic situation because if they will have a good entry then it will be good for long term and they will feel more secure than just going random investment.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:02:02 AM

Well in general you learn from these stupid actions. Panic becomes part of your experiences and though you never can entirely remove panicking as it's normal for everyone to do so, you'll be able to handle panic a lot better the next time it happens.

I used to panic from everything in the past.. I was good at trading but i couldnt control my emotions so many times, and that made me loss a good amount of money or maybe possibilities to grow my balance. But for sure that i have learned for all of those experiencies and right now i dont panic anymore, i only use the inteligence and the knowledge and i know that altcoin market all are the same, the price goes to the floor, and then to the sky again, and this is a cycle.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:55:40 AM

There is nothing to panic all the trades i make are either medium term or long term panic occurs only for short term traders the issue with short term is if you don't reach the profit zone or even get a loss a panic would surely occur the best to avoid is do long term i bought litecoin at 50$ but the price fell to 35$ if it was a short term trader he would have panicked by now and sold at loss but for me if i sell now i actually get 20$ profit. Go for more days there is no chance of panic
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:20:28 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 02:59:37 PM by naidray

It's a natural thing mate and i think everyone get panic while having a tough time in trading. I panic sometimes during the trading of altcoins and yes i sometimes regret later that why i did it. I am quite comfortable and relax while trading bitcoins, when the price of bitcoin falls instead of getting panic i wait for the price to rise again while holding them.  
Panic is very difficult to remove from the attitude of many people. Maybe panic is a thing that every traders must have experienced. To avoid panic I usually always think quietly and maybe I will sleep when the situation I can not control. This will not make me able to make the right decision. Better avoid panic and then start over when the time is right.
I do the same thing when things are not in my favor. I simply go to my room, garb my teddy and sleep tight to forget all and then get back to problem with light mind. Panic is indeed inevitable and you really need to master some exercise to stay calm under distressed situations.

Instead of struggling with markets, I believe it would be great decision to stay away from market to get peace of mind. After some relaxations, we can resume of trading without any panic.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:53:34 PM

Whether its bitcoin trading or altcoin trading, there is bound to come a time when your investment is getting dumped badly, and its panic time.
How do you panic? Does that really make you panic and do you take decisions that you actually regretted later? Or do you keep calm and HODL?
What makes you panic and how do you react to it?

I think Panoc comes when you mindlessly throw away logic and just give in to your fear or anxiety or to whatever you are seeing and not planning something. However what I do during those times is that I take a rest and plan out what are my options and check which is a compromise that I willing to take.
I think the panic also comes form the fact that many people do not know what is their goal when they trade, if you buy an alt and  you know that the only thing you want to do with is to hold for the long term, then you do not get panic if you see the price going down, you just accept that and you may even buy more of that alt, but if you are not convinced about your investment you are going to begin to second guess your decision to hold for the long term.
Not true, Some people were realized that if the price will have got dumped again and they will be in the loss area and that is the real reason to make those are feeling panic, Because the dump will be affecting their mentality and it can make them feel stressed. Because they are wanna get the profit as much as they can but never try to make a target.
But then that is their fault for investing in something they were not convinced in the first place, I have some investments on bitcoin and other 5 coins do you think that I worry if they go down? No I do not worry and that is not because I do not care about my money, I do not worry because I know that I invested in projects that are good and that have a strong future so I’m not going to panic for a small decrease on the price.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:48:39 PM

No one does really know when the price go up or down. And that is making everyone panic and when I panic, I do sell it immediately and never get back to it. A loss is a loss and profit is profit, dont look back when the price starts to increase.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:01:45 AM

The decline of bitcoin and altcoins today might make some people panic, I personally would refrain from selling it, because I'm sure bitcoin still has great potential to rise again.
Champ1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:31:27 AM

I try to refrain from selling on a loss, because ultimately you haven't lost money until you sell.

When a market just bombs, even against the TA - sometimes it's hard to resist that panic.

CHANGE—First Global Crypto Bank | ICO |Discussion[/url
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:36:09 AM

I normally just ride out the storm. Early on in trading I would get the urge to sell but since learned when you feel like selling the most means your getting close to the bottom. I have to have purchased a coin that has not recovered completely or gone up higher shortly after.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1172

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:48:45 AM

I normally just ride out the storm. Early on in trading I would get the urge to sell but since learned when you feel like selling the most means your getting close to the bottom. I have to have purchased a coin that has not recovered completely or gone up higher shortly after.

That is beginners mistake to sell when they see price is going down, I never panic in this moments I just try to see the whole picture and to think what will I do. What will I do depends from coin, some coins worth saving and to not pay attention a lot when they are going down, sometimes its better to buy more if the dip is temporary. I don't trade with coins that I don't believe they have a future, so getting out just to cut loses is not my thing, I never do that.
When coin is going down after a peak, shortage can be a good strategy for making good profit, I tried that few times but it wasn't successful every time. Once I sold and waited price to go down but it went up.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:36:36 AM

I panicked when the predicted price changed very quickly and beyond expectations. I feel that this sense of panic arises when I experience a situation where I am likely to lose, this is a natural thing for a person. no one can really experience no panic. calm and patience will help us to make the right decisions. but it must all be passed with various experiences because with experience then we easily to take the best decisions.
rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:54:38 AM

when i was a newvie in btc tradding i afraid all time when coin dump. but now a days i dont panic.
Same with me, when I was a newbie in bitcoin trading, I often panicked when the prices of the coin that I bought down, so I always cut loss and as a result I lost my money but now i am never panicked again because I'm sure the prices will rise up, but sometimes I'm still can not be patient and still doing cut lose 😁😁😂
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: